Some useful info for PC users/newbies

medical 2933

Reaction score
Bought norton internet ser 2005...but keep getting "a remote source is tring to acess your com"

OmegaSupreme

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently, i'm using AVG Anti-Spy (which is a trial ver n expired, can oni get updates manually n i assume no online detect/protection capability). Is it enou juz by updating n run it 2 scan 4 malwares/spywares?

If i were 2 d/l adware from lavasoftusa. Can my AVG anti-spy b used concurrently n will not cause conflicts? Btw, i still got window defender.

Plz advise. Thkz in adv. :s22: :D

rudolf

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, maybe let's just share wat software u use. For me,

1) AVG antivirus for protection against virus.
2) diskeeper 10. for defragmentation. I personally feel that it is one of the better ones compared to perfectdisk and some other software
3) tuneup utility 2006 but cleaning registry but recently i changed to power suite by uniblue. I ever used systune but i realize there were some 'rumors' that it is a spyware. anyone use this b4 can share ur experience?
4) peerguardian 2 for p2p downloading. don know whether if i actually do it job.
5) adaware for protection against spyware. Personally i don feel that it is very good but i just stick to it for now.
6) Other stuff like firewall i use microsoft provide de

lonely5

Reaction score
heard some where saying that defrgmentaion can cost the HDD lifespan shorten ?
izzit true ?
:s22:

littlenoob

Reaction score
any idea of any software which can boost the seed of the com without having too much trouble??

H4ck573R

Reaction score
heard some where saying that defrgmentaion can cost the HDD lifespan shorten ?
izzit true ?
:s22:

yes it is true.
The more the hard drive works the more it gets damaged.
When you Defragment it, it works his ass off.
H.D.D. is mechanical component, and not a very durable one.
But don't worry it will take years till you Defragment it to death...

larrious

Reaction score
lengthen lifespan

Defragmentation also arranges your files in a way that reduces the movement needed to access them which hence lengthens its lifespan.

bluehorntail

Reaction score
need some help with partition my disk...
i got some unmovable files in my disk then unable to do partition
my c drive still got 400GB+ space.. but when i go to disk management and do shrink..
it shows 0 space left for partitioning...

using windows 7 ....

can help me out?? thanks a lot...

rabien

Master Member
Reaction score
hey, just a general question. I bought the Windows 7 OEM disc. When I need to reformat my disc drive in the future, will I encounter problems with "windows genuine advantage"? Previously when I reformatted my computer with xp, the validation failed...

leicash

Reaction score
If your window 7 oem is a genuine copy, no problem with it.
once install into that computer, you cannot transfer to another computer anymore, but you can keep reinstall in the same computer that you first install.

hey, just a general question. I bought the Windows 7 OEM disc. When I need to reformat my disc drive in the future, will I encounter problems with "windows genuine advantage"? Previously when I reformatted my computer with xp, the validation failed...

nickycool

Reaction score

I need 10 replies walao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.