Apple Watch Series 4

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, want to get my first apple watch, but i've got a few questions to clarify before pressing the order button. lol.

1. If I want to use Apple watch to track my evening runs, do i need to get the cellular version? or GPS 1 will do?

2. if gps version do i have to bring my phone along?

3. Can apple watch open Whatsapp messages? and real emails?

4. Does Apple Watch work with Spotify?

Thanks all! and sorry for the bunch of questions ahaha.
1. You do not need the cellular version. In fact, you can be away from your phone while running. Your Apple Watch will record the data and later sync with your phone when you come close to it.

2. No. Reason in 1.
3. Yes, but you can only read and do a simple reply. Cannot really view photos.
4. Yes. It works with Spotify

PetPet

Reaction score
1. If I want to use Apple watch to track my evening runs, do i need to get the cellular version? or GPS 1 will do?
Nope, a GPS one will do.

Nope

WhatsApp Messages, it doesn't have an App for the Watch. So you're stuck with viewing notifications.

I'm not sure about your definition of "real emails". But yes, I can view my emails using the official Mail App.

Limited functionality. Your best bet is still Apple Music.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Got it cancelled and managed to order black alum gps 44mm to be picked up on 21 sept afternoon . Yah!

How did you manage to get it on 21 Sept? I thought pickup is not available and delivery is 3-4 weeks later?

karenwoods

Reaction score
Nope, a GPS one will do.

Nope

WhatsApp Messages, it doesn't have an App for the Watch. So you're stuck with viewing notifications.

I'm not sure about your definition of "real emails". But yes, I can view my emails using the official Mail App.

How does the Apple Watch work with Spotify? Is there an app?

crobin

Reaction score
There is third part app called WatchChat that enables WhatsApp functionality via a browser .. that can see photo and see past few msgs. But sucky performance and reliability but improves with each update

Nope, a GPS one will do.

Nope

ngsoonle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How did you manage to get it on 21 Sept? I thought pickup is not available and delivery is 3-4 weeks later?

Haha...after cancelllng my ss order, I tried to order again and was prepared to pick up after 10 oct. During order I noticed pickup has slots on 21 sep while delivery is 10 oct. So I chose to pickup on 21 Sep afternoon. Maybe lucky?

ngsoonle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Return if you still have the problem. Show the staff your skin.

Rather you spend on something which doesn't hurt your skin. But having said that, the watch this time around has full crystal on the underside right?

Maybe if I show them my rashes, they will allow me to upgrade and top up the difference? Need to monitor and see...

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

He is getting the aluminium one. Only the Stainless Steel cannot pick up or delivered on launch day. :s12:

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tempted day by day and feel like ordering the SS one now and not having to wait for the approval of the ECG feature.

Is anyone trading in your existing Watch?

mackie8

Reaction score
What is the difference with the nike watch?
All normal watch faces is also available on the nike watch plus nike exclusive watch face?

Windowlover

Reaction score
Anyone can enlighten LTE version, what we can without a phone like using paywave, Whatsapp , messages , phone calling, Siri.. Since not so popular in SG ? :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.