2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
erm.. its entry level soundbar. can't expect too much (it's just 2.1 chan).
if u are expecting surround sound etc, think you'll be better off with Creative Katana.

if you are lacking space... it's perfect for 24" monitors lol
I'm using the breadth of my table, that's why can't go for bigger/longer speakers.

xqrTbA7.jpg
the above looks so good,

the bottom is sheet.

wa ** the btm. space so little. use full size kb. knn put one more remote control somemore. the mouse literally screaming itai itai yamete I'm falling, master

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
lol not in use of course use the space to put things... put phone etc on the stand in front of the soundbar

When in use just throw everything under the stand :s13:
more than enough space for the mouse :)

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should feature your table the next time PAP tries to compare Singapore housing with HK again.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i want a speaker purely for spotify is sonos the only option?

spicyshrimp

Reaction score
Bros, I'm newbie looking to buy a 2.0/1 speaker for my PC and perhaps a sound bar for my TV and need some advice :s12:

Currently considering the R1850DB +1 sub, R2000DB or S2000PRO, saw bro wenze review on R2000DB and seems good. Is it worth to stretch the budget and get a S2000 anyway? or even a R1850 w/ 1 sub? PC mainly used to play game, music, anime..

For TV i'm considering the YAS-108 sound bar with a sub (BasX S8?).. add up will be around 600 :eek: maybe get 1 of the edifier instead can give me the same result for cheaper? Luna or 1 of the above models.. TV mainly used for netflix, BR movie and PS4..

All these will be in my room, about 400cm by 360cm if that matters

Appreciate all thoughts and advice :D:D

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i want a speaker purely for spotify is sonos the only option?
For Spotify, any speaker would work including speak er iPhone or Android.

Maybe you need to rephrase your question.

Last edited:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 got voucher again...
should I hoot another S200F? :s13:
or got better alternative now :p

moron+genius

Reaction score
dropped by the Devialet showroom @ mbs, the phantom is even prettier in real life, quite mesmerized by it; and i find the quality really good as well for a solitary compact speaker

main dilemma now is the $$, the LS50W with the right coupon on qoo10 can be in the 2.7k region whilst the base phantom is already $2.5 for a single speaker :/
Just get LS50w, phantom dun haf some streaming capabilities need to add a hub iirc

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monoprice Monolith K-BAS
0658b43ada95725.jpg

Solus Audio Entré II
717solus.promo_.jpg

Lol.

Anyway K-BAS / I-PAS / H-PAS is interesting so do read up if you're bored.

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Logitech Z625, Logitech G560 vs ProMedia 2.1?

Price difference is significant but I can stretch to $400.

Another alternative is passive speaker and sub plus a DAC/Amp.

Thoughts?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Promedia > 625 > 560

But you buy 625 is because you plan to connect via optical? More and more motherboards nowadays having no optical output. If you use sound card optical might as well use sound card analogue. z625 is more expensive than z623 by around $50 normally just for the optical in.

Passive speaker + amp + sub easily burst your budget. Cheapest standalone subwoofer is around $200 but you're probably spending over $250 for one with proper stereo support. Plus the passive speakers are usually big. Is an option for experienced people who can decide on their own since there are lots of choices and factors to consider.

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Promedia > 625 > 560

But you buy 625 is because you plan to connect via optical? More and more motherboards nowadays having no optical output. If you use sound card optical might as well use sound card analogue. z625 is more expensive than z623 by around $50 normally just for the optical in.

Passive speaker + amp + sub easily burst your budget. Cheapest standalone subwoofer is around $200 but you're probably spending over $250 for one with proper stereo support. Plus the passive speakers are usually big. Is an option for experienced people who can decide on their own since there are lots of choices and factors to consider.
625 newer ma!

What about these? https://www.sweelee.com.sg/collecti...s/ik-multimedia-iloud-micro-monitor-set-black

No sub though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.