Iphone slow charging

firexed

Reaction score
Bought a charging cable online from Lazada & it took 1 hour to charge from 9% to 52% & another 45 mins to hit 80%, isn't it abnormally slow ?

Any recommendation for better cables ?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e charger that comes with iPhones only 5w. u need a higher output charger like e.g. an iPad charger

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But seems to be even slower after I changed the cable..

The cable plays a small part too. If your cable isn't MFI, high chance is that it won't charge as fast as the original.

The power brick plays the bigger role when it comes to charging speed.

bryansim

Reaction score
The problem could be your iPhone battery. How old is your iPhone? Old batteries take longer time to charge up and quicker to discharge.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
whats the brand of cable? try a different brand cable and test

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a charging cable online from Lazada & it took 1 hour to charge from 9% to 52% & another 45 mins to hit 80%, isn't it abnormally slow ?

Any recommendation for better cables ?

I think the battery is the issue here. Based on experience, my old 6 took very long to charge from 95%-97% and form 97% it jumped straight to 100%. Maybe check your battery health or do the battery replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.