Bye Apple

jetblack

Banned
Reaction score
Been a Apple user since beginning.

When i bought 7+ at 1488, i already felt a tinge of discomfort because it's even more expensive than my macbook air.

X came out, $1888, felt that it's crazy so I give it a skip. Saw pple say apple too ex and may reduce price, so wait 1 more year.

Now XS Max $2349, almost 1k more than my 7+, felt it's way too much. Not that I can't afford, just felt a phone that will be absolete in 2 yrs should not cost this much.

I don't want to chase this anymore. I'd reserve the budget for my next rolex.

Last edited by a moderator:

PetPet

Reaction score
Moving forward, I highly doubt the X series of iPhones will go obsolete in 2 years time. If you’ve played with iOS 12, you’ll see that it’s quite buttery smooth even on an iPhone 7.

If you’re tight with budget, perhaps consider the iPhone Xr.
It retains the large size and comes with a new processor.

Maybe with the next iPhone you’ll not get certain features because they are limited to new hardware. But I suppose that’s about it, unless there's a huge breakthrough.

Last edited:

jetblack

Banned
Reaction score
Give it 2-3 years max. I am already feeling "old" with iPhone 7+, though it's still < 2 yrs old

On the other hand, i feel android phones are really getting buttery smooth nowadays. It used to always have at least .5 secs lag at everything

Moving forward, I highly doubt the X series of iPhones will go obsolete in 2 years time. If you’ve played with iOS 12, you’ll see that it’s quite buttery smooth even on an iPhone 7.

If you’re tight with budget, perhaps consider the iPhone Sr.
It retains the large size and comes with a new processor.

Maybe with the next iPhone you’ll not get certain features because they are limited to new hardware. But I suppose that’s about it, unless that’s a huge breakthrough.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the pricing this time is really ridiculous, not sure how long more i can tahan with apple's antics, although not ditching iphone yet.

jetblack

Banned
Reaction score
They raised $400 last year and another $400 this year.

Can't imagine next year will be near $3000

the pricing this time is really ridiculous, not sure how long more i can tahan with apple's antics, although not ditching iphone yet.

Thesail61

Reaction score
They raised $400 last year and another $400 this year.

Can't imagine next year will be near $3000

Its a demand n supply game. If this yr demand dropped,then next rd they will b reasonable because they need to win more customers . However if demand is so gd then next yr price will b much higher.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give it 2-3 years max. I am already feeling "old" with iPhone 7+, though it's still < 2 yrs old

On the other hand, i feel android phones are really getting buttery smooth nowadays. It used to always have at least .5 secs lag at everything

How is your 7+ old when I'm on 6?

iOS supports iPhone 5S at that.

3 years don't make a phone obsolete. Moroever, most phones can perform the same function as a laptop nowadays.

behling

Reaction score
More people leave Apple also good la, let the masses carry xiaomi huawei Samsung.

Only a niche grp carrying iPhones.

Like on the roads. The masses driving Japanese sedans. Only a niche grp driving 5 series.

If everyone driving 5 series where is the fun in that.

Moral of the story. Gotta pay to play.

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score

When i bought 7+ at 1488, i already felt a tinge of discomfort because it's even more expensive than my macbook air.

X came out, $1888, felt that it's crazy so I give it a skip. Saw pple say apple too ex and may reduce price, so wait 1 more year.

Now XS Max $2349, almost 1k more than my 7+, felt it's way too much. Not that I can't afford, just felt a phone that will be absolete in 2 yrs should not cost this much.

wiser to reserve budget for your rolex.
More people leave Apple also good la, let the masses carry xiaomi huawei Samsung.

Only a niche grp carrying iPhones.

Like on the roads. The masses driving Japanese sedans. Only a niche grp driving 5 series.

If everyone driving 5 series where is the fun in that.

Moral of the story. Gotta pay to play.

but an iPhone or the experience is not a 5 Series or 3 Series.

perhaps a Vertu which has smartphone features will be, an iPhone is not.....

jackyfoo80

Reaction score
Sure that this time round the phone is more ex than usual~ I also feel abit bo hua to move on and gotta trade in my iphone to “subsidize” the cost so that it wont feel so painful. Anyways all the best and if you ever wan to come back to the apple side, the doors is alwayys open for ya!

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile there are many more other people:

takemymoney.jpg

thegiantmarshmallow

Reaction score

Last year you bought a 5.8" iPhone X 256GB for $1,888. This year, the 5.8" iPhone XS is $1,889 for the 256GB model.

Why are you comparing to the $2,349 6.5" model with 512GB? Nobody said you had to get the highest end. If Apple removed the 256GB and 512GB models and offered only 64GB model at $1,648, would you consider that a price reduction? :s22:

(I am on Combo 12 so I am very happy the most expensive phone is now $2,349 instead of $1,888. :s13:)

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NEXT ROLEX. Can own Rolex cannot afford fruit? Do u service your Rolex?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with TS, I've been with apple Since iPhone 3G, never missed a generation, all the way to the iPhone X, skipping only the 8 series. The pricing now really a bit hard to swallow, can't really expect to see 2.5-3k pricing for iPhone next time .... :s22: fortunately for me, my iPhone X still standing strong with the iOS 12 update, probably just need to replace my battery :) just my honest personal opinion, of course, there are others who will be willing to pay for the new iPhones, still.

jackyfoo80

Reaction score
Did I say I cannot afford apple?

Asset vs liability, edmwer

Relax brother and chill out man~ but if you compare to iphone xs max for the 64gb, i think $1799 vs iphone “x” at $16xx (i cant really remember how much was it when it first launch) i think its reasonably priced (i might be wrong) but still overall as a phone its kind of at the high price point which i agreed with ya.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.