Krisflyer miles redemption

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is meant by Kris Flyer 50% off? How does it work?

say usual redemption is 15k miles for return Econ redemption to Bali

with promo, it's just 7.5k miles

the last 50% off was 2 years ago ... there maybe some in between but probably not 50%

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
I notice business class out from SIN is usually more expensive and the lounge is also better at Changi Airport than at other airports.

Doesn’t it make more sense to fly biz out and economy back in?

More value for money this way?

I'll fly biz back to Singapore cos of the baggage allowance, if shopping at the holiday destination. Usually from Singapore to the destination, luggage not much. Don't have to buy luggage on the budget flight.

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
I notice business class out from SIN is usually more expensive and the lounge is also better at Changi Airport than at other airports.

Doesn’t it make more sense to fly biz out and economy back in?

More value for money this way?

there are some outbound lounges (silverkris or *A) that are comparable or better than SKL changi. dilphinus reasoning on baggage allowance makes a lot of sense if you can only redeem 1 way and intend to do a lot of shopping

helloworld321

Reaction score
Anyone know when will star alliances partner release available flights to SIA? Trying to book a flight from USA to Canada but they say no availability and i have to call every 2-3days to check. Not fun holding on the phone for an hour each time

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you do an award hold via the call centre while waiting for your miles to transfer over, and then call up again to get it ticketed ...

... do you get hit with the usd25 service fee for doing offline transactions (as opposed to using the website)?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Just checked and promo is out. It's not for where I want to go (USA promo) :(

The 30% off for selected destinations don't include first class(for Beijing) and no promo for Kathmandu :( argh.

gamerx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone successfully claimed Krisflyer miles for Turkish Airline flights before? By right we should be able to claim miles for any star alliance partners?

Or am I getting it wrong?

Keep getting an "invalid destination code " message upon submitting the online form.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question.

If you purchased 6 SIA tickets for the family, how come you get awarded krisflyer miles for only Yourself, but not the other 5 family members who are kids or elderly without krisflyer account?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Quick question.

If you purchased 6 SIA tickets for the family, how come you get awarded krisflyer miles for only Yourself, but not the other 5 family members who are kids or elderly without krisflyer account?

Miles can only accrue for yourself. Ticket name and frequent flyer membership name must match.

Kids and elderly can also have their own frequent flyer membership.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Miles can only accrue for yourself. Ticket name and frequent flyer membership name must match.

Kids and elderly can also have their own frequent flyer membership.

Thanks.
Just ask my wife to sign up for each and every member of the family! :s13::s13:

So .. the miles can be transferred ?? Very very noob.. first time doing miles..

mrashford86

Reaction score
- so sad u can only get miles for your own booking :( wish could get for everybody in booking

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- so sad u can only get miles for your own booking :( wish could get for everybody in booking

There must be a hack for it... but i don't know it! :s13::s13:

I mean the logic is weird..

If u book 1 flight for yourself, u need to book 6 times to get the points.
If i booked for family trip, it's 6 tickets per trip.

To SIA, they are penalising a person who purchased 6 tickets for one flight versus a person who purchased 1 ticket for 6 different flights. When the total value of the purchase are the same.

Is there other airlines that would allow points to be accrued to the same person for the same flight? If got, i intend to book flights on that for family holidays. More worth it to get points.

Last edited:

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
There must be a hack for it... but i don't know it! :s13::s13:

I mean the logic is weird..

If u book 1 flight for yourself, u need to book 6 times to get the points.
If i booked for family trip, it's 6 tickets per trip.

To SIA, they are penalising a person who purchased 6 tickets for one flight versus a person who purchased 1 ticket for 6 different flights. When the total value of the purchase are the same.

Is there other airlines that would allow points to be accrued to the same person for the same flight? If got, i intend to book flights on that for family holidays. More worth it to get points.

Your logic is weird. How about I get the miles for the flights you've flown?

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your logic is weird. How about I get the miles for the flights you've flown?

That's because you think of Miles as PER PERSON when in fact it should be viewed of as Points like Credit card.

When you spend $$ on a credit card, the item bought can be for anyone, but the points all accrued to you because you are using your credit card.

likewise, when you spend $$$ to buy airtickets for anyone, the miles should be accrued to you as long as you provide the Krisflyer account number to deposit into.

I mean that's how i expect Krisflyer account to oeprate .. like a credit card model.

Anyway, does no matter, this is the first time I am trying to play with miles.
All along, i've been booking SIA tickets for the family without a krisflyer account. :s13::s13: Got interested in this using miles to upgrade to business class ..that's why i am exploring and found it strange why it must be tied to per person and not treated like a credit card way of points accumulation.

Nevermind, no need to reply. you all think it's normal and nobody here can change a thing about the current system. So I think i give up on this miles accumulation thingy.

WJY

Master Member
Reaction score
That's because you think of Miles as PER PERSON when in fact it should be viewed of as Points like Credit card.

When you spend $$ on a credit card, the item bought can be for anyone, but the points all accrued to you because you are using your credit card.

likewise, when you spend $$$ to buy airtickets for anyone, the miles should be accrued to you as long as you provide the Krisflyer account number to deposit into.

I mean that's how i expect Krisflyer account to oeprate .. like a credit card model.

All along, i've been booking SIA tickets for the family without a krisflyer account. :s13::s13: Got interested in this using miles to upgrade to business class ..that's why i am exploring and found it strange why it must be tied to per person and not treated like a credit card way of points accumulation.

Nevermind, no need to reply. you all think it's normal and nobody here can change a thing about the current system. So I think i give up on this miles accumulation thingy.

easier way to earn miles will be via miles credit card where you can accumulate spending of main and sub card.

helloworld321

Reaction score
Let say I’m flying from

Singapore - Frankfurt - New York.

And back

SFO - Tokyo - singapore

Realize the cost of return fight is cheaper. So I would say it’s more worth it to pay for the return flight?

And I’m considering if it’s worth redeeming business class to or back? Any thoughts?

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score

The miles given by airlines is reward for flying. If u book ticket n never fly, you won’t get the miles also. That why it is call frequent flyer mile.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.