Some food for thought on pricings for the new iPhones

derkaiser94

Reaction score
I don't think the video is a rant or complain. More of justifying the growing price.

Yup he also said compared to a computer of similar price, the phone is poor value since you can do a lot more and be a lot more productive on a computer.

hyperpower

Reaction score
although iphone price is getting higher but iphone depreciation rate is lower than other phone. if you change phone every year by selling off your old phone you don't really need to fork out alot.

disastrous

Reaction score
although iphone price is getting higher but iphone depreciation rate is lower than other phone. if you change phone every year by selling off your old phone you don't really need to fork out alot.

This is kinda true, especially if you upgrade from prev model. Like when I sold my S8 for S9, the price of S8 dropped so fast I had to top up a lot for S9. Before the event, I sold off iPhone X and still managed to sold it for quite a lot, in the end no need to top up that much for the new iPhones. In the end the top up amount is about the same for both brands if you upgrade.

Then again, it is not justifying iPhones should be priced so high, I still think Apple should charge way lesser.

stellatayvc

Reaction score

That's what I've been doing for the past donkey years. But now I have to top up more and more $$ because the price increased so much. Gone were the days where I can re-contract and get my new iPhone and almost $0 (taking into account trading in my old iPhone, Telco voucher etc).

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
That's what I've been doing for the past donkey years. But now I have to top up more and more $$ because the price increased so much. Gone were the days where I can re-contract and get my new iPhone and almost $0 (taking into account trading in my old iPhone, Telco voucher etc).

Yes it's not gonna be that way again...:s8:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.