Credit Cards Points / Miles - how do use?

sweetyethandsome

Reaction score
Sorry if my questions too n00b.
Not a regular credit card user till last year, and even now, have never claimed any "gifts" or "travels".
Best is got free gifts when I signed up for credit cards and also those auto Cashbacks from cashback credit cards

1) Cashback - I know credit card cashbacks rewards on dining, shopping,etc. They do NOT give cashback on AXS, SAM, insurance premiums or SP services (and other electricity supplier)

2) Credit Card Points
How to get gifts or change to miles? Do I call the banks directly or email or each bank has a portal to claim miles?
how to see how many points? And how many points to change miles?
Is it an unified standardised recognition among all banks or each banks points = miles different?

I believe I am spending on...

a) UOB Priv Miles - so I will want to see how to reach out to UOB to see my points? Via internet banking?

b) Citibank miles card

c) HSBC Revo cards

d) DBS something card.

I think c/d i seldom use, plus my OCBC and SCB cards all cashback only...
so only a/b...

Hope got seniors to share on what are creditcard points or do u guys know any good website to visit to read up?

Thanks guys!

sgreview

Reaction score
Not a regular credit card user till last year, and even now, have never claimed any "gifts" or "travels".
Best is got free gifts when I signed up for credit cards and also those auto Cashbacks from cashback credit cards

1) Cashback - I know credit card cashbacks rewards on dining, shopping,etc. They do NOT give cashback on AXS, SAM, insurance premiums or SP services (and other electricity supplier)

2) Credit Card Points
How to get gifts or change to miles? Do I call the banks directly or email or each bank has a portal to claim miles?
Is it an unified standardised recognition among all banks or each banks points = miles different?

a) UOB Priv Miles - so I will want to see how to reach out to UOB to see my points? Via internet banking?

b) Citibank miles card

c) HSBC Revo cards

d) DBS something card.

so only a/b...

Hope got seniors to share on what are creditcard points or do u guys know any good website to visit to read up?

Thanks guys!

What exactly is your question?
If it's about transfer points from credit card to air miles, then firstly, u need to have a krisfler account (for SQ) or any other flier miles account with other airline that your bank allows the points to be transferred.

Just call your bank to check your points and if enough points (usually in blocks of 10k), u can request to be transfer to your krisflyer account for a conversion fee of (usually $25 per transfer). Because of this fee, suggest that u do proper calculation before any transfer, otherwise, u may end up paying too much on conversion fees.

sweetyethandsome

Reaction score
What exactly is your question?
If it's about transfer points from credit card to air miles, then firstly, u need to have a krisfler account (for SQ) or any other flier miles account with other airline that your bank allows the points to be transferred.

Just call your bank to check your points and if enough points (usually in blocks of 10k), u can request to be transfer to your krisflyer account for a conversion fee of (usually $25 per transfer). Because of this fee, suggest that u do proper calculation before any transfer, otherwise, u may end up paying too much on conversion fees.

i guess i am looking for an easy way to read up more and interact with the bank CC to transfer points?
so i guess Citi and UOb cards are SIA linked right?

i don't like to call and talk to someone lol always prefer email or login to their portal.
oh well... maybe i call next week when I am on leave :(

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2) Credit Card Points

b) Citibank miles card

c) HSBC Revo cards

d) DBS something card.

so only a/b...

Thanks guys!

Every card is unique. You need to read the TnC in particular the exclusions from cashback/points, cashbate/points earn rate and cap, spending requirement, fees applicable etc.

Every bank has there own portal to redeem points for gift/miles. You can easily google to know where and how. Refer to this for a quick guide on the points to miles rate and the fees https://milelion.com/2018/06/12/the-milelions-guide-to-credit-card-points/
You should be able to find answers to your queries on miles on milelion

Last edited:

alan98

Reaction score
i guess i am looking for an easy way to read up more and interact with the bank CC to transfer points?
so i guess Citi and UOb cards are SIA linked right?

i don't like to call and talk to someone lol always prefer email or login to their portal.
oh well... maybe i call next week when I am on leave :(

Here you go...
UOB Portal for redemption: https://pib.uob.com.sg/Rewards/Public/landing.do?token=1536829406517
Citi Portal for redemption: https://www.citirewards.com/cms/sites/globalrewards-sg-eng/index.page

UOB/Citi allow transfer of miles to SQ KrisFlyer and CX Asia Miles.
Citi allow transfer of miles to many other airlines also.

All transfers in block of 10k Miles and admin fee will be charge per transfer. You will also need to fill in a form to link up your bank with SQ KrisFler and CX Asia Miles before transfer.

sweetyethandsome

Reaction score
Refer to this for a quick guide on the points to miles rate and the fees https://milelion.com/2018/06/12/the-milelions-guide-to-credit-card-points/
You should be able to find answers to your queries on miles on milelion

oh wow milelion. great this would be damn useful.
thanks thanks!

Here you go...
UOB Portal for redemption: https://pib.uob.com.sg/Rewards/Public/landing.do?token=1536829406517
Citi Portal for redemption: https://www.citirewards.com/cms/sites/globalrewards-sg-eng/index.page

UOB/Citi allow transfer of miles to SQ KrisFlyer and CX Asia Miles.
Citi allow transfer of miles to many other airlines also.

All transfers in block of 10k Miles and admin fee will be charge per transfer. You will also need to fill in a form to link up your bank with SQ KrisFler and CX Asia Miles before transfer.

thanks! great i love portals. :D

goldsilvercity

Reaction score
i also n00b leh. i trying to convert my citibank cc into SIA miles. was about to call SIA to give them my citibank info...

luckily i search here first.. so its call citibank and change to SIA miles =:p

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
No need call. Can convert online and the miles will be in within a week.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.