Lenovo Legion Y530

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Just sharing my recent purchase. Recently received my Legion Y530 as a replacement to my Y460p which I owe for many years since Poly year 1. I used my student pass to purchase in the education store, 15% off for students. So just sharing this in case those who might want to get it.

This is my order details:
TGfzhNk.jpg

Lid cover with nice texture:
Lrie0pz.jpg

The Legion logo:
5MhrcbL.jpg

Left side consists of 1 USB port and 1 headphone jack:
QLTV0YZ.jpg

Back consists of 1 USB C, mini DP, USB, hdmi, lan port, power input and a lock slot:
5k6J9NN.jpg

Right side consists of 1 USB and 1 pin hole reset button:
nOBuWo2.jpg

Keyboard with white backlit, similar layout to the Y520:
cD7Xap5.jpg

Overall laptop:
yEezZBQ.jpg

Continue next post...

Last edited:

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Standard information, Quick Start guide and a SATA ribbon cable for future add-on of 2.5 drive since I did not include in my order:
YNAMA69.jpg

Freebies are upgrade to 3 years on-site warranty, 1 wireless mouse and 1 laptop bag:
QnLiZEa.jpg

De8Ug8B.jpg

Total damage:
$979.23

Delivery duration:
1. Ordered on 26/08/18
2. Received Bag and mouse on 31/08/18
3. Received Laptop on 06/09/2018, 2pm by UPS

By right could have received 1 earlier, but no one was at home and UPS did not communicate or update any status which I thought they will deliver on the 6th not 5th hence no one at home. I thought they could at least call or something even on the actual day itself. Well, at least I got my laptop.

noobishyang

Reaction score
Nice of you to share your purchase. Just wondering how’s the speed of that SSD, any idea what brand it is? Or just Lenovo OEM?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried online configuration, it says PCIe SSD.
Did not state NVMe.

After configure, at accessories, can add NVMe SSD. So I'm also confused by the options there.

Please let me know if it's NVMe or not.

Thanks

yamashita

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, it looks good.

How's the keyboard tactile feedback?

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
Feels flat haha! But lucky have some spacing in-between.
lenovo oem drive meh? y520 had the Samsung pm961 with over 2gbps read and 1 write

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

Last edited:

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
I was looking at this model also, but it comes with GTX 1050 2GB by default.

to get GTX 1050 4GB, there is a top-up of $60
to get GTX 1050ti 2GB, there is a top-up of $80

which is better?

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Check in device manager under “disk drives” and let us know? :)

Bro, I not able to check though as my laptop currently at the service centre for a period of time already... As I carrying my laptop to school in my bagpack with some lecture materials, the screen apparently gotten a noticeable pressure mark. About a 10cm line on the left side of the screen. I not sure how I got it, got be I place my bag down too hard and crush it... Now still waiting for the screen replacement.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
lenovo oem drive meh? y520 had the Samsung pm961 with over 2gbps read and 1 write

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

Yup bro, I check through the disk management when I turn it on for the first time and google the model number. Its a Lenovo OEM.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
I was looking at this model also, but it comes with GTX 1050 2GB by default.

to get GTX 1050 4GB, there is a top-up of $60
to get GTX 1050ti 2GB, there is a top-up of $80

which is better?

I got the GTX 1050 4GB as I wanted to keep it below budget of $1k. In fact I didn't want to spend on a new laptop but my Y460p started to show symptoms of failing. So no choice.

I feel the overall pricing seems to be increased though, I couldn't get the same value of the same config now...

Ah Ken

Reaction score
To anyone who wish to get my Confiq at that price, it seems not possible now. The best one is selecting the $1564 model and I reduce everything to my config and I will get it at $1,011.50. You can try to factor in shopback. There seems to be a 6% shopback at the last option in shopback page.

**Also, the price I am stating is based on Student discount store.

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
To anyone who wish to get my Confiq at that price, it seems not possible now. The best one is selecting the $1564 model and I reduce everything to my config and I will get it at $1,011.50. You can try to factor in shopback. There seems to be a 6% shopback at the last option in shopback page.

thanks! didnt know lenovo has a partnership with shopback

would you be open to share your order number? see if I can contact lenovo and get them to offer the same price for the same specs :/

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Tried online configuration, it says PCIe SSD.
Did not state NVMe.

After configure, at accessories, can add NVMe SSD. So I'm also confused by the options there.

Please let me know if it's NVMe or not.

Thanks

Bro, its NVMe SSD. Lenovo OEM: RPFTJ128PDD2EWX

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tried entering logging into student acct, close it and then enter lenovo link via shopback, it didnt capture the student price. It followed the normal price. Even with 6% shopback, it is only a few dollars cheaper (for my selection of options). I rather get the student price coz i no need wait 75 days to cash out and must also ensure shopback is recorded.

Helped a fren select the following at $1141:

+3 yrs warranty, mouse and bag
Change to 1050ti 2gb
Change to 72% gamut screen
Change to 1tb hdd and no ssd
Change to AC 2x2 wireless

Will be buying adata sx6200 256gb ssd at $89 (after 12% from citi). Since it will be on offer on 11.11, it will go lower. Then help him clone over from hdd to ssd.

Last edited:

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
Tried entering logging into student acct, close it and then enter lenovo link via shopback, it didnt capture the student price. It followed the normal price. Even with 6% shopback, it is only a few dollars cheaper (for my selection of options). I rather get the student price coz i no need wait 75 days to cash out and must also ensure shopback is recorded.

Helped a fren select the following at $1141:

+3 yrs warranty, mouse and bag
Change to 1050ti 2gb
Change to 72% gamut screen
Change to 1tb hdd and no ssd
Change to AC 2x2 wireless

Will be buying adata sx6200 256gb ssd at $89 (after 12% from citi). Since it will be on offer on 11.11, it will go lower. Then help him clone over from hdd to ssd.

student price works with lenovo leh. i tried, the cashback is in my shopback account now. just login to your student account accordingly after clicking on the shopback link

managed to buy the gaming mouse pad at $0.01 after emailing the sales person.

thinking of adding 2.5" internal hdd myself

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.