OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

If I was to purchase a iphone on the Apple store app with Apple Pay option, am I still able to get 10x OCBC$

Hi there,

Purchases via mobile pay will not be eligible for 10x OCBC$.

Moreover, iPhone is classified as telecommunications & hence does not fall under any of the eligible MCC or categories.

^CC

- - -

Edited:

19/09/2018

Hi all, we apologise for the misinformation in our reply. Do allow us to clarify that iPhone is not classified as telecommunications.

Singtel, M1, Circles Life, StarHub, MyRepublic are some examples of telecommunications merchants.

Purchasing mobile phones from these merchants will not be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

Mobile payment is granted 10X OCBC$, if the merchants' MCC is as what is shown in the Terms & Conditions (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/titanium_rewards_credit_card-terms-conditions.pdf?rand=1).

For purchasing of iPhone via Apple store (physical/online/online app), it will be granted 10X OCBC$.

^DG

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
hi OCBC, can elaborate abit here as compared to the Ikea scenario.

you mention if purchasing electronic items at Ikea, it can be 10X points and if not given you can write in with the receipt showing the item purchased.

why don't you award 10X points for purchase iPhone which is a electronic item? i undstd if custs are using it to pay for accessories or other misc items in the telco shop is not 10X surely, but iPhones/device purchase not considered for electronics?

do clear the air here.

Hi there,

In general, 10x OCBC$ will be awarded on the eligible MCCs and purchases from Telcos do not qualify as such.

Transactions made are automatically categorised according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, and the MCC determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards.

Transactions made in eligible categories from merchants with ineligible MCC such as Ikea is an exception & we apologise but we will not be able to extend the additional OCBC$ for purchases made at Telcos.

Buying an iPhone from Telcos will not receive 10x OCBC$ as they are not in the list of eligible categories and MCCs, they are classified as telecommunications.

^CC

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

In general, 10x OCBC$ will be awarded on the eligible MCCs and purchases from Telcos do not qualify as such.

Transactions made are automatically categorised according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, and the MCC determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards.

Transactions made in eligible categories from merchants with ineligible MCC such as Ikea is an exception & we apologise but we will not be able to extend the additional OCBC$ for purchases made at Telcos.

Buying an iPhone from Telcos will not receive 10x OCBC$ as they are not in the list of eligible categories and MCCs, they are classified as telecommunications.

^CC

Hi OCBC, so why is buying iPhone from Apple Store, best denki not considered 'telecommunications'?

helloworld321

Reaction score
Hi OCBC, so why is buying iPhone from Apple Store, best denki not considered 'telecommunications'?

Because those are electronics store and not TELECOM???

Anything that’s government, school, financial services released or telco normally don’t earn points de.

If you buy a phone from Apple store you are buying a phone. If you visit a telco, you are signing a plan + installments + upfront fees for a phone.

Just buy the phone directly from Apple la if you want the point. It’s only 1.6k. Better than paying installment to telco

Last edited:

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Moreover, iPhone is classified as telecommunications & hence does not fall under any of the eligible MCC or categories.

^CC

Hi but from DG post 1 page earlier mention that buying from apple store will be awarded 10x so mobile pay on apple store should work.

You might have to edit your this statement! hahahahahahahahahah

Hi laurent_rio,

Yes, the transaction will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

^DG

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

^CC
Apple store is not telco, it is electronics, eligible for 10x points as stated here https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110416879-post448.html
iPhone is clearly an electronic product.

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone

Thanks for your patience with us

We can see there's some interested questions regarding purchase of iPhones.

Firstly, regardless where you make the purchase, as long as it's done with MobilePay (eg. Apple Pay), that purchase will not earn you 10x OCBC$.

For purchase of iPhones made in Apple stores or Apple online, and made with a physical OCBC credit card, the 10x will be awarded to you.

However, if the iPhone is purchased at a Telco store, you will only earn 1x OCBC$

^Sh

- - -

Edited:

19/09/2018

Hi all,

Please allow us to clarify.

Mobile payment made at the eligible merchants will be granted 10X OCBC$.

When making either a physical card payment or mobile payment at Apple store, the transaction will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

^DG

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I believe Mustsfa MCC is not catagorised under the eligible category too. If I buy a tv from Mustafa, technically I should be receiving 10X too right?

Same concept as Ikea.

Hi biodraft

Yes. As long as you purchase an item within the eligible categories in Mustafa Centre, you will be awarded 10x OCBC$

^Sh

wwee01

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Any chance for me to revert my mobilepay for my iPhone from Apple store to a normal credit card payment? Didn’t even know there was a difference...always thought that mobilepay will work the same as a credit card payment.

Good afternoon everyone

Firstly, regardless where you make the purchase, as long as it's done with MobilePay (eg. Apple Pay), that purchase will not earn you 10x OCBC$.

For purchase of iPhones made in Apple stores or Apple online, and made with a physical OCBC credit card, the 10x will be awarded to you.

However, if the iPhone is purchased at a Telco store, you will only earn 1x OCBC$

^Sh

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone

^Sh

Can you explain further why purchase made using MobilePay is not eligible for 10x points? According to the TnC so long the MCC is eligible, then should get 10x points. Nothing mentioned about MobilePay not getting 10x points.

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you explain further why purchase made using MobilePay is not eligible for 10x points? According to the TnC so long the MCC is eligible, then should get 10x points. Nothing mentioned about MobilePay not getting 10x points.

Your fast! I wanted to point this out too because after the mobile pay promotion was over, it was mentioned that using mobile pay / physical card at eligible vendor will get you 10x.

wwee01

Reaction score
There wasn’t even any indication that mobilepay will not be considered for 10X points after the promotion ended....made so many mobilepay purchases this last month 🤦🏼*♂️

Your fast! I wanted to point this out too because after the mobile pay promotion was over, it was mentioned that using mobile pay / physical card at eligible vendor will get you 10x.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Any chance for me to revert my mobilepay for my iPhone from Apple store to a normal credit card payment? Didn’t even know there was a difference...always thought that mobilepay will work the same as a credit card payment.

Hi wwee01,

We apologise for the misinformation in our previous replies.

Your transaction will be awarded 10X OCBC$, as Apple store is an eligible merchant for the bonus OCBC$.

As long as the merchant is eligible for 10X OCBC$, it does not matter if the payment is made via mobile payment or by swiping/tapping your physical card.

You should receive the additional OCBC$ automatically by the end of the following month.

If you do not receive it then, please drop us a private message, and we will be glad to help you sort it out.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,

We apologise for the confusion caused with the various replies given on mobile payment eligibility for 10X OCBC$.

Previously, we had a promotion which grants 10X OCBC$ for mobile payment transactions despite of the MCC. This promotion ended on 4 August 2018.

From 5 August 2018 onwards, mobile payment will be awarded 10X OCBC$, as long as the transactions are made at merchants with the relevant MCC.

Terms & Conditions (https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/titanium_rewards_credit_card-terms-conditions.pdf?rand=1)

If you have any questions on this, do drop us a private message.

^DG

Last edited:

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you DG... you the most informed rep that is manning the account... PM if you want me send you an OCBC GIFT

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi biodraft

Yes. As long as you purchase an item within the eligible categories in Mustafa Centre, you will be awarded 10x OCBC$

^Sh

Has mustafa been recently included as one of those merchant which exception is given for items within the eligible categories? Previously Mustafa not eligible for 10x points. https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/110864371-post593.html

How does OCBC know what was bought?

Last edited:

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

is there a monthly 10X rewards cap for the card or is it by calendar year? Looking to use this to purchase from Apple Store Online.

wwee01

Reaction score
Is there any ways to track our points properly? So many transactions happening every month, how do I know if I have been correctly credited with the points?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.