Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvenergy

Reaction score
1.May i know if 9 nights in Kansai too little?
2.3 nights will be just visit Tokyo disneyland.purpose of tokyo is visit disneyland.any more budget hotel near disneyland to recommend?
3.if use 1 day to do day trip to nearby places outside of Tokyo?been to Nikko,hakone and yokohama.
4.will be using Osaka as a base to do day trip to other Kansai places. should i book a hotel near Osaka station or Umeda station?

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
May i know if 9 nights in Kansai too little?3 nights will be just visit Tokyo disneyland,or shld i use 1 day to do day trip to nearby places outside of Tokyo?been to Nikko,hakone and yokohama.
will be using Osaka as a base to do day trip to other Kansai places. should i book a hotel near Osaka station or Umeda station?

9N Kansai? You’re visiting Tokyo Disney Parks and that’s in Kanto.

thwysg

Reaction score
yah.will be in japan for 12 nights.will be taking 1 way bullet train from osaka to tokyo.my flight is sin-kix-hnd-sin

Oh I see. Most prefer to stay around Namba or Umeda area. 9N is fine, all boils down to where you’re visiting.

If you’re heading to Hiroshima, why not arrange to stay at least one night there so that you don’t have to rush to walk around Miyajima and Hiroshima? Or Okayama + Kurashiki?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.May i know if 9 nights in Kansai too little?
2.3 nights will be just visit Tokyo disneyland.purpose of tokyo is visit disneyland.any more budget hotel near disneyland to recommend?
3.if use 1 day to do day trip to nearby places outside of Tokyo?been to Nikko,hakone and yokohama.
4.will be using Osaka as a base to do day trip to other Kansai places. should i book a hotel near Osaka station or Umeda station?

1. 9 days may be a bit too much even if u are making day trips out to the usual kyoto, nara, kobe etc.. maybe consider adding a second location? e.g. 1-2 nights in hiroshima.

3. how about kamakura or kawaguchiko?

4. umeda and osaka station are the same. yes, umeda/osaka station is good, coz u got direct trains to kyoto, kobe, nara, himeji.

luvenergy

Reaction score
1. 9 days may be a bit too much even if u are making day trips out to the usual kyoto, nara, kobe etc.. maybe consider adding a second location? e.g. 1-2 nights in hiroshima.

3. how about kamakura or kawaguchiko?

4. umeda and osaka station are the same. yes, umeda/osaka station is good, coz u got direct trains to kyoto, kobe, nara, himeji.

thanks for the reply.

if i add Hiroshima, should i buy Jr pass?from osaka to hiroshima..train ticket around how much? actually i traveling with 2 kids(5 & 3yos)..staying in japan in total 12 nights
Last 3 nights will be staying in tokyo...my flight sin-kix-hnd-sin

luvenergy

Reaction score
Oh I see. Most prefer to stay around Namba or Umeda area. 9N is fine, all boils down to where you’re visiting.

If you’re heading to Hiroshima, why not arrange to stay at least one night there so that you don’t have to rush to walk around Miyajima and Hiroshima? Or Okayama + Kurashiki?

ic.hiroshima sounds good..in that case shld i buy a JR pass for travel to hiroshima,osaka, tokyo

thwysg

Reaction score
ic.hiroshima sounds good..in that case shld i buy a JR pass for travel to hiroshima,osaka, tokyo

Can consider Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass. Or check the passes in the link and see which one fits your itinerary best.
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

if i add Hiroshima, should i buy Jr pass?from osaka to hiroshima..train ticket around how much? actually i traveling with 2 kids(5 & 3yos)..staying in japan in total 12 nights
Last 3 nights will be staying in tokyo...my flight sin-kix-hnd-sin

u can refer to hyperdia to calculate the cost of trasport

osaka -> hiroshima: 10k yen
hiroshima -> tokyo: 18k yen

total is about 28k yen, which is close to the price of a 7-day JR pass (29110yen). so with a bit or travelling ard within the city, the pass shld be worth it.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you wish to add hiroshima into your itinerary.

7 days JR pass is Y29,110.

if u get single ticket is Y28,910 (Osaka to hiroshima then hiroshima to tokyo)

if u get the 5 days kansai-hiroshima pass then a single ticket to tokyo, is Y13,500+Y14,240.

I will get a 7 days JR pass for flexibility, explore osaka/kyoto first, before u head to hiroshima then from hiroshima to Tokyo. if u time yr itinerary properly, u can use the pass to cover day trips too.

luvenergy

Reaction score
thanks all for your input.
my trip 10-22 Apr. to utilize the 7 days JR pass:

10-11 apr i use ICOCA for my travel in Osaka and Kyoto
13-19 i use JR pass to day trip to Kyoto,kobe,nara,himeji + osaka to hiroshima & miyajima + hiroshima to tokyo.. correct?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks all for your input.
my trip 10-22 Apr. to utilize the 7 days JR pass:

10-11 apr i use ICOCA for my travel in Osaka and Kyoto
13-19 i use JR pass to day trip to Kyoto,kobe,nara,himeji + osaka to hiroshima & miyajima + hiroshima to tokyo.. correct?

yup, mainly to cover the 2 long , expensive trips.
compare the transport cost of the day trips in kansai, to those in tokyo to see which days are better to cover using the pass, and adjust the start date accordingly

Neelofa

Reaction score
anyone has experience on buying iPhones in Japan?

saw that they're about $200 cheaper compared to SG.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a day trip out from Tokyo. Will be covering 1day hakone, 1day Yokohama. Still got 1more dy left.. How about Nikko?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

nikko has world heritage temples, lake chuzenji and waterfalls. as a nature lover, i personally think nikko requires more than a day trip, coz quite a lot to do, and travel time to get there is long.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nikko has world heritage temples, lake chuzenji and waterfalls. as a nature lover, i personally think nikko requires more than a day trip, coz quite a lot to do, and travel time to get there is long.

Is it worth 2night stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.