Malaysia prepaid card

darkmilk

Reaction score
Trustworthy? As in?

If you're referring to dealers selling with compulsory reload and/or data package subscription, the Maxis shop in City Square used to only sell the basic SIM pack at RRP, not sure about now.

It's a norm for dealers to add on extras, in general... Maybe check the myNEWS in Komtar JBCC, not sure if they've Hotlink SIM packs. It's normally news agents and supermarkets that sell at RRP.
Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I'm looking for those no-frills shops which are selling basic SIM card pack at RRP.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I'm looking for those no-frills shops which are selling basic SIM card pack at RRP.

Actually, depending on individual's needs, I personally would accept if the package comes with compulsory top-up, since I'd have to use the credit balance to purchase data packages and make calls, anyway...

Maybe can check around the small timers (booths/carts) around JB Sentral. Quite a while back, one of them had only a compulsory RM15 or RM20 top-up.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else requested a tron 4G replacement sim? how to activate it? i used the instructions accompanied, login show "invalid. the request is being processed".

Do i need to get a tron signal to continue?

Where in SG got good MY telco signal beside Woodlands.

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else requested a tron 4G replacement sim? how to activate it? i used the instructions accompanied, login show "invalid. the request is being processed".

I used to head to the Kopitiam in Kranji station.

Can try contacting their CSO (via email?) and see if they can do the activation for you, explaining that you're in SG and need to travel over for Tron network.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup.. email them does the trick.. now later i will try find a good site to receive MY signal to verify.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score

email cs ask them to activate it.

if you entitle for the rm10 refund for free 4G sim replacement, there is a deadline when to apply. ask them too.

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking to buy one cause my hotlink fast expired.. now still got prepaid sim card with free weekend data?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. damn sian. no more similar plan like FAST?

Offhand... you might want to try Digi Prepaid (Live) as a few of us existing users are seeing randoms offers under the Box of Surprise link in our Digi app.

A friend is still using his 1GB RM3 30-day offer, another has RM1/day unlimited data, and yet another has been getting free 1GB valid for 7 days. Of course, some times we don't see any offer at all. Random...

Deathskull88

Reaction score
Hi, I am a bit confused with all the options with the digi prepaid

I would like to use the digi sim card for call and internet and recently got a prepaid digi sim from a relative.

I downloaded the Digi app to check the sim card, it expired earlier this September. But it still has 4rm balance. If I use 1rm to extend the account life for 1 day, will I have any data to use?

Thank you for reading!

fadefade

Reaction score

I would like to use the digi sim card for call and internet and recently got a prepaid digi sim from a relative.

I downloaded the Digi app to check the sim card, it expired earlier this September. But it still has 4rm balance. If I use 1rm to extend the account life for 1 day, will I have any data to use?

Thank you for reading!

in the app will show...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thank you for reading!

Digi prepaid (not sure about postpaid) these days have offers under the "Box of Surprise" or "Offers" link. It's random, so you'll have to check in your app if there's any for your account. And depending on the version of your account, there may be free basic internet that you can use, though I'm not sure if the 1-day extension will allow you to use that or you'll have to do a reload first.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used to use Fast but now i prefer Digi as so easy to reload via app and got such a thing as 8 ringgit for 24 hrs unlimited 4G. Free weekend only gave 2Gb for both sat and sunday. 3 ringgit is either 2+1GB for a day or Unlimited data but at 512kb speed. 2 ringgit is unlimited social media if i remember correctly.

looking to buy one cause my hotlink fast expired.. now still got prepaid sim card with free weekend data?

kitkat2

Reaction score
though I'm not sure if the 1-day extension will allow you to use that or you'll have to do a reload first.

you should try it to clear your longstanding doubt. it's only rm1 to lose.

ya. damn sian. no more similar plan like FAST?

why bother for free weekend data that works on 4g only when on digi best, 1gb for a day can be had for rm1?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should try it to clear your longstanding doubt. it's only rm1 to lose.

why bother for free weekend data that works on 4g only when on digi best, 1gb for a day can be had for rm1?

I'm not sure so they can do that if they really want to know... I've been using SLL on my (old) Digi lines so no real reason for me to drill into it. =:p

Ya, with what Digi is offering these days, Hotlink data offers really pales in comparison...

kitkat2

Reaction score
I'm not sure so they can do that if they really want to know... I've been using SLL on my (old) Digi lines so no real reason for me to drill into it. =:p

well, you have drilled into it. isn't sll validity extension too?

kitkat2

Reaction score
My old plans don't come with free basic internet unlike the 2016/17 ones, so I won't know.

the op may not be asking for free basic internet. even if he is, we should advise him to pay for data. only rm1 per day.

i think you are confused by the stingy ah neh of maxis. only maxis stops you from using data altogether if your number is reactivated via non-revenue channels.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.