Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

LexusIS

Reaction score
Did you see any black and white document on this? If not, think they trying to get u to deposit $70k so that they can earn commission.

Wah if it is not true and they do that to get customer to TOP up is a case of Mis-selling. Also breaching their fair dealing guideline. Can lodge a complain

Last edited:

Urbanchap

Reaction score
I went to capital Square branch yesterday to open a joint account and the person didn't say any such thing to me!!?!!

Maybe you want to check with them and let us know. My funds was higher than 70K, so it doesn't affect me.

Staff said that it's a popular product, so they raise the minimum qualifying amt for bonus interest. :s13:

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you want to check with them and let us know. My funds was higher than 70K, so it doesn't affect me.

Staff said that it's a popular product, so they raise the minimum qualifying amt for bonus interest. :s13:

Did the staff also told you you get some cashback bonus if you maintain $70k for certain period of time?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wah if it is not true and they do that to get customer to TOP up is a case of Mis-selling. Also breaching their fair dealing guideline. Can lodge a complain

Maybe he was trying to apply for Citi priority? That was why the $70,000 min balance was mentioned, then it just somehow become $70,000 for citi maxigain

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess is just their account opening process? Opened a joint account with my Wife last mth and it took an hour too. Part of the confusion was trying to sort out the minimum required for me which took a while. After that was smooth.

Initially was told I needed S$250k for the new joint account as existing account is one relationship with one RM servicing it and the new joint account with me as main will be a new relationship with another RM assigned.

Anyway they sorted it out, I opened the account with $10k balance. But can’t imagine needing to deal with dunno how many RMs if I have like 2 or 3 joint accounts, eg with Wife, parents, kids etc

Lol. That's nonsense.

Citi operates with a TRB (total relationship balance) system. In the event of a joint account, you name which person is the 'principal' - in other words, whose TRB is the joint account balance added to.

I've opened accounts (both joint, and single name) with Citi with $0 deposit, and moved funds in later, as my TRB already exceeds what they require.

In other words, if your wife has *no other account* with Citi, except this joint account, you should keep the TRB under you, since it makes no sense to keep it under her name as she has no other account with Citi; But If your wife has any other Citi account, then you should decide who is the principal, as the amount in the joint account is then added to that persons TRB, which could help avoid the fall-below fee on that person's account(s), if applicable.

A minimum deposit is required in the event you're opening a joint account, naming the other person as principal, and that person does not already have any Citi account.

Last edited:

LexusIS

Reaction score
Lol. That's nonsense.

Citi operates with a TRB (total relationship balance) system. In the event of a joint account, you name which person is the 'principal' - in other words, whose TRB is the joint account balance added to.

I've opened accounts (both joint, and single name) with Citi with $0 deposit, and moved funds in later, as my TRB already exceeds what they require.

In other words, if your wife has *no other account* with Citi, except this joint account, you should keep the TRB under you, since it makes no sense to keep it under her name as she has no other account with Citi; But If your wife has any other Citi account, then you should decide who is the principal, as the amount in the joint account is then added to that persons TRB, which could help avoid the fall-below fee on that person's account(s), if applicable.

A minimum deposit is required in the event you're opening a joint account, naming the other person as principal, and that person does not already have any Citi account.

Yeah thinking back I should have lodged a complaint. Not sure why are they feeding customers with Mis-information. But the one who inform me about this $250k is their service counter rep at priority counter, not their sales. Maybe branch referral target is high making them conveniently mis-inform customers. Where’s the fair dealing citibank ......

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry can I check again ...

If I withdraw money (assuming now I'm counter 8), it will fall down to which counter?

znltan

Reaction score
So does it mean any counter above counter 6 if you withdraw will drop to counter 6?

Counter should drop to 6 (current counter is above 6) when withdraw from account resulting in balance becoming lower than previous month.

Sent from 瑞特斯波德 using GAGT

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Assuming if we withdraw a certain amount of money but we top up the money in the same month... and is higher than the previous month... Will it still go back to counter 6?

coconut1

Reaction score
Assuming if we withdraw a certain amount of money but we top up the money in the same month... and is higher than the previous month... Will it still go back to counter 6?

The lowest balance of that month will be the lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in the month.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.