November 2017 SBF

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I saw many people talking about this contractor for window grille

Jun Contractor 85861425. Some commented quite good, fast and cheap. Got one commented that the material he use is too thin. I am not too sure.

Another one recommend Home Aluminium.

(Home Aluminium) Andy Tan 9003 6263
** called him just now. He quoted me
$1400 window grille(all rooms, hall + kitchen) + service yard windows
$580 for service yard window
https://www.facebook.com/homealuminiummetalworks he gotten quite alot of 5 stars reviews

Maybe you can give them a call and let us know :D:D

I got mine whole house grille + svc yard window at $900.

Monday21

Reaction score
I saw many people talking about this contractor for window grille

Jun Contractor 85861425. Some commented quite good, fast and cheap. Got one commented that the material he use is too thin. I am not too sure.

Another one recommend Home Aluminium.

(Home Aluminium) Andy Tan 9003 6263
** called him just now. He quoted me
$1400 window grille(all rooms, hall + kitchen) + service yard windows
$580 for service yard window
https://www.facebook.com/homealuminiummetalworks he gotten quite alot of 5 stars reviews

Maybe you can give them a call and let us know :D:D

Ooooh... Im seeing Jun contractor tmr hehe.... set up the appt with him last two days.. I did read up abt one bad review from him... the rest was okay.. just want to compare his quote after measurement tmr.. if his quote is more or less like my current ID im holding on to ($1.4k) then might as well get ID to do everything...

My window is those 1.3m ones.. costly :(

Monday21

Reaction score
From the information I gathered from Renotalk, something like dat

Painting around 1.5k for 4 rooms flat
Kitchen Cabinet if base on what Monday's ID quote is around $2k plus for 20'ft
Lighting installation around 2k (including power point shifting and some extra points up to 10 points, I guess).
Wardrobe 6'ft - 1.2k ( I saw some very cheap ones at $900 only)
Vinyl flooring 2.5k
Screeding - about 2k (if engage contractor and did't get free 40mm screeding from HDB)

Like dat means his package is around (estimated). Around market price

Painting - 2k
Lighting - 2k
20'ft Kitchen Cabinet - 3k

How do you buy the window grille from Taobao and fix on your own? good material? I am very interested in this one. Care to share the link? Thank :)you

2k for 20ft yes but you havent plus your kitchen top, mortar base...

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Ooooh... Im seeing Jun contractor tmr hehe.... set up the appt with him last two days.. I did read up abt one bad review from him... the rest was okay.. just want to compare his quote after measurement tmr.. if his quote is more or less like my current ID im holding on to ($1.4k) then might as well get ID to do everything...

Ya lor... You see how his service is and how much he quoted you then let us know. :s13::s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Haha I round up all the price so I don’t overpromise you, but yes his stuff is market price. I only bought the grill for one room to try first. Once I received, I’ll install. If good can update you again

【铝合金内外开高层窗户防护栏儿童安全阳台免打孔隐形飘窗防盗窗网

I can’t seems to share link leh, you try to search this.

You are very brave. I thought my get contractor approved from HDB then can install the windows and grille? I wanted to buy the storeroom racks from Taobao, but then again, it's not that expensive, maybe just buy locally will do

Sticker1554

Reaction score
You are very brave. I thought my get contractor approved from HDB then can install the windows and grille? I wanted to buy the storeroom racks from Taobao, but then again, it's not that expensive, maybe just buy locally will do

Cause this one is removable. Don’t need drilling. Basically I did not want anything permanently installed in my house. Plus I actually prefer my window no grill, but for safety of kids have to put smth.

Erinlmh

Reaction score

Jun Contractor returned my call just now. He verbally quoted me at $960 for whole house window grille plus service yard windows.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Cause this one is removable. Don’t need drilling. Basically I did not want anything permanently installed in my house. Plus I actually prefer my window no grill, but for safety of kids have to put smth.

please share with us the window grille reviews after you had installed them. Thanks ya:)

heybuddy

Reaction score
Have you signed with Whst? I saw theirs quite cheap too. Since I die die have to get the flooring myself, I was thinking whether to find direct contractor or get ID to quote.

Yup. Ive signed with them.. just got a call from their banker.. loan approved from posb.. finally can start work after 1 month+ :o

Monday21

Reaction score
Ya lor... You see how his service is and how much he quoted you then let us know. :s13::s13:

Ok I just came back from meeting with Tab Gallery...

Initial cheapest quote i had was from Aristo Woodcraft which was $6.5k.

Things I asked for was:

1) Hack half height kitchen wall, touch up and lay 7ft quartz to make a counter
2) 4.5ft cabinet with mortar base below the counter with quartz top
3) 6.5ft cabinet with mortar base, quartz top, install hob, sink and tap
4) 3ft dish rack cabinet on top of sink
5) Anti-slam/soft closing mechanisms for drawers, doors and dish rack
6) 1.3m window grilles for entire house with sliding window at service yard
7) Protection, general cleaning, permit handling and debris removal

Tab Gallery offered me $6.1k. Most prolly gonna sign up with them and not use Jun contractor. Jun contractor quoted me $1200 over the phone for a sliding window and 3 room plus service yard grilles. He said he also did one for a 3 room at my blk before...

heybuddy

Reaction score
How long did the rectification works take? Mine already 1 month and nothing done.. called my estate executive and he told me he will try to finish by next week. Oh well.. delay and delay

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Ok I just came back from meeting with Tab Gallery...

Initial cheapest quote i had was from Aristo Woodcraft which was $6.5k.

Things I asked for was:

1) Hack half height kitchen wall, touch up and lay 7ft quartz to make a counter
2) 4.5ft cabinet with mortar base below the counter with quartz top
3) 6.5ft cabinet with mortar base, quartz top, install hob, sink and tap
4) 3ft dish rack cabinet on top of sink
5) Anti-slam/soft closing mechanisms for drawers, doors and dish rack
6) 1.3m window grilles for entire house with sliding window at service yard
7) Protection, general cleaning, permit handling and debris removal

Tab Gallery offered me $6.1k. Most prolly gonna sign up with them and not use Jun contractor. Jun contractor quoted me $1200 over the phone for a sliding window and 3 room plus service yard grilles. He said he also did one for a 3 room at my blk before...

$6.5k for kitchen cabinet, hacking and window grille whole house and window for service yard. Did you get the top cabinet too?

:eek::eek: How come so expensive from Jun Contractor for 3 room flat? Maybe your window grille is full height while mine is those grille on the middle part

Monday21

Reaction score
$6.5k for kitchen cabinet, hacking and window grille whole house and window for service yard. Did you get the top cabinet too?

:eek::eek: How come so expensive from Jun Contractor for 3 room flat? Maybe your window grille is full height while mine is those grille on the middle part

Yes my window is the long type. I only asked for 3ft top dish rack cabinet cos my kitchen i super tiny and plus i wanted a chimney hood. Full bottom cabinet on 1 side is only 6.5ft. Remember those Victorian cabinet doors i showed earlier? They quoted extra 1k if i wanted those doors plus matching handles. Im really torn... half of me is telling me to do everything one time.. the other half is bugging me not to spend 1k just on doors...

IMG_0429.JPG.c0967a32b8bfe7bfbe4f53b386799d30.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG.ac585e9526d50cef32a024a7c53bfbb9.JPG

semblady123

Reaction score
Nice. U shud go for the doors.

I wanted Victorian theme also but due to budget issues I’m doing simple Reno. If given choice I also wanna change all doors make it white. Maybe next time.. sigh

Yes my window is the long type. I only asked for 3ft top dish rack cabinet cos my kitchen i super tiny and plus i wanted a chimney hood. Full bottom cabinet on 1 side is only 6.5ft. Remember those Victorian cabinet doors i showed earlier? They quoted extra 1k if i wanted those doors plus matching handles. Im really torn... half of me is telling me to do everything one time.. the other half is bugging me not to spend 1k just on doors...

LynR52

Reaction score

1k not bad lor. Mine qouted 1.5k but maybe cuz my total cabinet is 23ft with tall unit.

Monday21

Reaction score
1k not bad lor. Mine qouted 1.5k but maybe cuz my total cabinet is 23ft with tall unit.

Nice. U shud go for the doors.

I wanted Victorian theme also but due to budget issues I’m doing simple Reno. If given choice I also wanna change all doors make it white. Maybe next time.. sigh

But that 1k can buy me other stuff for now... Two ceiling fans, lights and a new mattress.

Can contractors just remove old doors and fix new ones three years down the road :s13::s13::s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score

Wow.... so excited to see new house......:s12::s12:

Think my windows will look like this,

If you are taking a reno loan then just go ahead with the Victoria style doors. At least you will be happier

Monday21

Reaction score
Wow.... so excited to see new house......:s12::s12:

Think my windows will look like this,

If you are taking a reno loan then just go ahead with the Victoria style doors. At least you will be happier

Cant see your attached photo :(
I took loan from TCC but instead of paying direct to ID, they disburse the amount to my acct so im free to choose whom to reno with. I asked for 7k...
So if my quotation is $6.1k, i can use the balance 900 for other stuff like furniture..

Maybe next time when more stable and more room to breathe then i replace the doors... as long as can cook and wash first then its good enough...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.