Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The lowest balance of that month will be the lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in the month.

to be more accurate, it is the lowest daily balance. so if month X you have $x and in month (X+1) there is a day where the end-of-day balance is < $x, you will drop counter.

topping it up the next day will not help.

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
to be more accurate, it is the lowest daily balance. so if month X you have $x and in month (X+1) there is a day where the end-of-day balance is < $x, you will drop counter.

topping it up the next day will not help.
So it means we cannot withdraw money from this account? Only during emergency then we can withdraw because it will reset to counter 6?

shpesft

Reaction score
So it means we cannot withdraw money from this account? Only during emergency then we can withdraw because it will reset to counter 6?

You can withdraw the monthly interest without any penalty of counter drop. Any further withdrawal will drop counter to 6 if at counter 6-12 and counter to 0 if at counter 0-5.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can withdraw the monthly interest without any penalty of counter drop. Any further withdrawal will drop counter to 6 if at counter 6-12 and counter to 0 if at counter 0-5.

yeah u can withdraw the exact amount of interest you get each month (usually credited the first day of each month) while keeping the daily balance equal to the previous month's and you will not drop counter.

if you don't withdraw the monthly interest, they will get 'locked up' and your daily minimum every month will increase if you don't want your counter to be affected/downgraded.

most of us would let the interest roll until it hits exactly $150k and then we draw out the extra interest each month, keeping the daily minimum to $150k always.

LexusIS

Reaction score
most of us would let the interest roll until it hits exactly $150k and then we draw out the extra interest each month, keeping the daily minimum to $150k always.

Like a monthly roll Fixed Deposit, just need to remember to withdraw on 1st of the month

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone done this interest withdrawn on the 1st of the month & the counter still remain the same?

Ya me... counter remains at counter 8 now.. once counter 10 i will inject more cos it would be better then my other accounts

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Went to Capital Square branch earlier today and they opened a joint account with zero fuss.

you are lucky, my experience with Capital Square staff is not so good
they made you wait long long as if begging them, please open an account for me, and I need to made 3 trips until getting an account open, but it is close to my office

Clone_

Reaction score
No issue with opening at bugis branch.
The RM did mention that they were going to change to 70k for the bonus interest soon though, but no hard evidence.

loverangel1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some advice. With all the rumours about min 70k for bonus interest soon, should I still open an account? Im a fresh grad starting work soon so I won’t be able to hit the 70k mark for a while. I’ll only start adding more money once my counter reaches 10-12.

My plan is to open both the MaxiGain and DBS multiplier. As the MaxiGain is my do not touch savings account, the 150k cap fits my long term goals and provides me with an alternative once I hit the DBS multiplier 50k cap.

However without the bonus interest seems like concentrating my money in the DBS multiplier is a better option cause higher % despite the 50k cap?

Last edited:

evelynleebali

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some advice. With all the rumours about min 70k for bonus interest soon, should I still open an account? Im a fresh grad starting work soon so I won’t be able to hit the 70k mark for a while. I’ll only start adding more money once my counter reaches 10-12.

My plan is to open both the MaxiGain and DBS multiplier. As the MultiGain is my do not touch savings account, the 150k cap is fits my long term goals and provides me with an alternative once I hit the DBS multiplier 50k cap.

However without the bonus interest seems like concentrating my money in the DBS multiplier is a better option cause higher % despite the 50k cap?

thank you for the tips - I do also use Citibank and this sounds legit. I am looking into loaning actually fir hdb buy.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do it monthly, not always on the 1st. Counter stays at 12.
Oh , didn’t try out for me , risk of counter drop. Since interest r high now will not be withdrawing until it drop . Tnk for the information

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.