Sony 1000xm3

cloudangel

Reaction score
Was initially thinking of pre-ordering the Sony 1000xm3 two days back, but decided on holding on to that decision for awhile as the Tote back wasn't exactly very appealing.

So was wondering if anyone has already purchased it and what would be your review or feedback on it?

Thanks

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
Tested it today.. Even better than the wireless earbuds sp700n... It's rare that a headphone sounds better than a earphone, as the earphone bud is closer to the ear ... But the price is steep... Topup abit more can buy ps4 pro..

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad they can’t switch different devices like Bose

One problem I have: ears heat up and when I take it off there’s abit of perspiration :s22:

Came from a family of Bose noise cancelling, can safely say the audio quality is bars above Bose

However I do wish they could have tickened the padding and enlarge it, which Bose is still ranked highest in terms of comfort

theaudioguy

Reaction score
Tested the WH-1000XM3 at ConnectIT today! I must say, Sony improved so much on the design and the form factor as compared to the previous few models. Improved headphone band and pads, much more comfortable. Ideal for long usage.
Bought the silver colour though.

yang86

Reaction score
have you tested the mic?

just got mine today and others cant hear my voice clearly over calls, and they hear an echo of themselves...

theaudioguy

Reaction score
Got the free porter tote bag when I bought the silver. Claimed to be worth $199, there was even a $199 price tag on it :s22:

Was initially thinking of pre-ordering the Sony 1000xm3 two days back, but decided on holding on to that decision for awhile as the Tote back wasn't exactly very appealing.

So was wondering if anyone has already purchased it and what would be your review or feedback on it?

Thanks

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mic is ok, slightly “sound abit distant “ from my call end

However I really need to mod the ear padding

Anyone one knows any shop that can do it ?

It’s only day 2 and I really hate I have to constantly adjust or remove it to prevent over heating :s27:

Everything is TOP notch except :
Bluetooth multiple device
The comfort of the sponge is horrible, might be due to my jawline and bigger face, I can only wish Sony can bring in ticker pads

Those are the only 2 down sides I have

P.s didn’t know porter was such a pricy brand until my Friend pointed out to not use it as a shoe bag :crazy:

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dude, you don’t experience any ear heating ?

I’m sincerely asking because it’s annoying for myself

Tested the WH-1000XM3 at ConnectIT today! I must say, Sony improved so much on the design and the form factor as compared to the previous few models. Improved headphone band and pads, much more comfortable. Ideal for long usage.
Bought the silver colour though.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oooo is there ? Could you link the site or direct pm?

The only ones I’ve found are brainwavz and the USA brand which involves poking the faux leather :s22:

I’m not really ready for diy on my new pair

Hmm... so far fine for me though. But I was told that the pads are easily replaceable? Can get those aftermarket ones.

Reaction score
Tested it today.. Even better than the wireless earbuds sp700n... It's rare that a headphone sounds better than a earphone, as the earphone bud is closer to the ear ... But the price is steep... Topup abit more can buy ps4 pro..

tmXUkMF.png

wind30

Reaction score
I have an iPad and iphone. Is there a way to cycle the Bluetooth connection to another device without turning off the Bluetooth on the connected device. My Bose wireless buds has a button to cycle connections

yang86

Reaction score
Just did a 1 to 1 exchange this afternoon.
Quite a few instances of the mic issue already reported on reddit

No such issue on the new pair

bomerman

Reaction score
I preordered on the 6th and received it on the 20th. Love it!!!

I just saw that Qoo10 is selling at $455 HK set. Those intested can go have a look.(darn....) Do note that it is not an export set meaning no warrenty.

bomerman

Reaction score
Just did a 1 to 1 exchange this afternoon.
Quite a few instances of the mic issue already reported on reddit

No such issue on the new pair

I have yet to check the Mic for calling. Whats wrong with your set bro?

Can share the link for the reddit?

yang86

Reaction score
Just searc mic issues wh-1000xm3 in google can find a few thread already.

Basically caller on the other end cannot make out what I’m saying and keep hearing echos of what he said.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.