2018 iPad Pro

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I didn’t go for cellular because I can just hotspot if needed.

Wifi or cellular?
Just got my iPad Pro 12.9 from starhub, feel like I am loving it more than my iPad Pro 10.5 due to the big screen.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If the new iPad Pro does come with Type C connector instead of the current lightning connector, then this is highly possible. Though I do have doubts with Apple will use Type C because it means lost of income selling license to manufacturers to use their proprietary connector.

Anyway, wonder if the current lightning connector also supports 4K output if they release a newer lightning to HDMI adapter. The current version supports up to 1080p only if I am not mistaken and have not been refreshed for many years.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OLED really damn different from lcd. Really much better screen

I know that, after having iPhone X and Note9 I can see the difference. But having an 11” or a 12.9” OLED screen on the iPad might cost us consumers quite a bit more. Apple must see if it’s practical to do this way.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know that, after having iPhone X and Note9 I can see the difference. But having an 11” or a 12.9” OLED screen on the iPad might cost us consumers quite a bit more. Apple must see if it’s practical to do this way.

Yeah maybe will cannibalize MacBook but really OLED ipad will be sick

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OLED really damn different from lcd. Really much better screen

Colors are definitely move vibrant on OLED, but on the flipside, there are also teething problems with them, i.e. burn in and color shifts.

I don't think Apple will switch to OLED for their iPads simply because it is not cheap as it is also not widely adopted in the market. There exists very few tablets/ laptops with OLED screens, which naturally will cause prices of bigger OLED screens to be inflated.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung has been using Super AMOLED for their Tab S series since the beginning.

I’m new to Samsung so do be patient with me, my Note9’s my very first Samsung (also Android) device so still learning the ropes. :crazy:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.