Anyone buy iPhone XS from HK/CN ?

eric16

Reaction score
Still some savings . I read somewhere that people buy from resellers ? From China ? Cheaper ?

Sent from 你怕黑吗?黑有什么好怕 using GAGT

Some smaller resellers in HK sell iPhone XS max cheaper than Apple store, but because there’s very little documentation control as they only issue their own store receipt, I don’t dare buy from them. And it could be slightly used set as well, many unknown factors.

Some of these smaller resellers really ah beng shop, scared kena whack.

You can check out price.com.hk to find out which shop sells the cheapest iPhones or even other electronic items. Good site to compare prices between resellers. They have an app too

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u can walk in any apple store in the world to get it fixed.
Service centres outside HK and China might not replace due to unavailbility of dual SIM XS/XSM in their inventory, or ask you to acknowledge that they will replace the unit with a non-dual SIM unit.

eric16

Reaction score
Is the local set Sim tray same as China/HK set Sim tray that can put in dual Sim?

No lah, the local SG SIM tray is the same as all the past year’s iPhones, but the HK/CN SIM trays allows u to put 2 nano SIMS back to back on the same tray. And there’s a special plastic clip for the bottom SIM card to prevent it from dropping out when u invert it upside down .

mrtanbg

Reaction score
Is HK side the cheaper place to buy apple stuff , even when we compare with Changi airport without the gst?

monsters2009

Reaction score
No lah, the local SG SIM tray is the same as all the past year’s iPhones, but the HK/CN SIM trays allows u to put 2 nano SIMS back to back on the same tray. And there’s a special plastic clip for the bottom SIM card to prevent it from dropping out when u invert it upside down .

The answer is no.

If the answer is yes then this thread won’t exist

I thought they could share the same sim tray design...but only do the trick via software to enable the esim/physical dual sim.

eg if you put 2 sims back to back on local set, the software will not recognize.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is HK side the cheaper place to buy apple stuff , even when we compare with Changi airport without the gst?

u can do simple maths here

let's take the XSM 256gb for example

SG sell for 2039
HK sell for 10799

Convert HK 10799 to SGD is 1894.56 (take SGD 1 = HKD 5.7)

take SG without GST is 1905 (2039 / 1.07)

as u can see, HK set sell quite close to SG without GST. difference is about S$10. unless u need the 2 x physical sim, no point getting the HK set.

and i believe HK got no GST so there wun be GST refund.

mrtanbg

Reaction score
u can do simple maths here

let's take the XSM 256gb for example

SG sell for 2039
HK sell for 10799

Convert HK 10799 to SGD is 1894.56 (take SGD 1 = HKD 5.7)

take SG without GST is 1905 (2039 / 1.07)

as u can see, HK set sell quite close to SG without GST. difference is about S$10. unless u need the 2 x physical sim, no point getting the HK set.

and i believe HK got no GST so there wun be GST refund.
ok thanks. The price differential not that great.

sendhalp

Reaction score
Did some reading, and found that, one of the reason why China, Taiwan and HK doesn't have e-sim is because, china's resistance to e-sim, (but china telcom had launched e-sim earlier this year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin...-rest-of-the-world-isnt-getting/#6486d32f6a43

I'm pretty interested to get a hk XR just because of the dual SIM, otherwise does anyone know if we can buy from apple.com.hk and then ship to Singapore?

obichacha

Reaction score
Have any forwarder to ship it from hk?
I found that Vpost got china address only.
Last time the boderlinx has hk address, but died already.

Did some reading, and found that, one of the reason why China, Taiwan and HK doesn't have e-sim is because, china's resistance to e-sim, (but china telcom had launched e-sim earlier this year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin...-rest-of-the-world-isnt-getting/#6486d32f6a43

I'm pretty interested to get a hk XR just because of the dual SIM, otherwise does anyone know if we can buy from apple.com.hk and then ship to Singapore?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My target is iPhone Xs Max 256MB with physical dual-SIM capability.

How best to get a brand new genuine set? Great if we can get a forwarder to ship it over, direct from Apple HKG. Anyone's found one yet? :o

josephkjc

Reaction score
Don’t forget there might be GST charges imposed by singapore customs when shipping from HK.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.