November 2017 SBF

heybuddy

Reaction score
Cant see your attached photo :(
I took loan from TCC but instead of paying direct to ID, they disburse the amount to my acct so im free to choose whom to reno with. I asked for 7k...
So if my quotation is $6.1k, i can use the balance 900 for other stuff like furniture..

Maybe next time when more stable and more room to breathe then i replace the doors... as long as can cook and wash first then its good enough...

Wow.. TCC not bad leh.. what's the interest?

semblady123

Reaction score
Nice windows.. so u put window grills for all rooms? Cool.. how much for it ??

Wow.... so excited to see new house......:s12::s12:

Think my windows will look like this,

If you are taking a reno loan then just go ahead with the Victoria style doors. At least you will be happier

zidmosby

Reaction score
How long did the rectification works take? Mine already 1 month and nothing done.. called my estate executive and he told me he will try to finish by next week. Oh well.. delay and delay

You mean defect rectification? When I submitted they say approx 14 working days but they completed within 1 week as mine was minor things.

zidmosby

Reaction score
I hate it when there's alot of hidden cost coming out later on.. my previous id told me need to add cost for ceiling painting, kitchen backsplash, painting of doorframe etc.. when on the quotation everything was included.. that was when me and hb really got turned off..

Package really lots of hidden costs. One ID quoted me $1k lump sum lighting installation but then when walking through the house, tell me that if install decorative lights will have surcharge.

Best is to get a couple of ID to walk through with you. Then you get a better idea of what you need/don’t need and dear out a list. They’ll provide a revised quotation based on what you need instead of package+add ons and you’ll see a significant difference. I went from 28k to 10.5k in the end

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Nice windows.. so u put window grills for all rooms? Cool.. how much for it ??

I took pic from someone's else photo. This house from Punggol. So I bet my window will look like this too in future. Hubby want to make the grille all the way to the floor. I refuse cos it looks like jail and cost more :s13::s13:

Jun Contractor quoted me $960 window grille for whole house and window panels for service yard.
Home Aluminium quoted me $1400 for the same thing. The pic was taken from Home Aluminium FB account.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Package really lots of hidden costs. One ID quoted me $1k lump sum lighting installation but then when walking through the house, tell me that if install decorative lights will have surcharge.

Best is to get a couple of ID to walk through with you. Then you get a better idea of what you need/don’t need and dear out a list. They’ll provide a revised quotation based on what you need instead of package+add ons and you’ll see a significant difference. I went from 28k to 10.5k in the end

:eek::eek: that's a lot of different.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
I think my CRM very pissed off with me cos I appealed for the floor furnishing so many times. Now wanna ask her whether the unit comes with door and sanitary fixtures or not, she doesn't wanna reply my e-mail nor return call. What kinda of CRM is this. :s13::s13:

Duties of the Client Relationship Manager
Building and maintaining relationships with clients and key personnel within customer companies.
Conducting business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services.
Alerting the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients.
Letting customers know about other products the company offers.
Attending meetings with clients to build relationships with existing accounts.
Achieving client relationship targets and KPI’s as set by the Head of Sales.
Working closely with Account Managers and Sales Consultants.
Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by clients.
Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews.
Monitoring company performance against service level agreements and flagging potential issues.
Updating the CRM and ensuring account managers are aware of changes within clients.
Passing leads to the sales team and following up on progress.
Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.

Monday21

Reaction score
I remember someone looking for Victorian furniture... Saw a page on FB; Victorian Home. Do look them up. I see the furniture like not bad leh quite nice.

heybuddy

Reaction score
You mean defect rectification? When I submitted they say approx 14 working days but they completed within 1 week as mine was minor things.

mine also minor stuffs. but now already 5 weeks havent finish.. best is the contractor damaged my door lock mechanism :(

now i have to wait again....

viccom87

Reaction score
I open my doors today, oh my god, 4 room so small.. Then I am stunned like vegetable when I knock on the walls.. Sounds like partitions.. Inside hollow, now have to think where to drill my TV holder and wall mount racks.. Really face palm..

Last edited:

zidmosby

Reaction score
I open my doors today, oh my god, 4 room so small.. Then I am stunned like vegetable when I knock on the walls.. Sounds like partitions.. Inside hollow, now have to think where to drill my TV holder and wall mount racks.. Really face palm..

LOL welcome to bto :s13:

Congrats though! Yes, those that are non load bearing walls will be partition walls. I had a nippon painter come over and they recommended paint a sealant layer before normal paint color to help make the wall more "sturdy". Not that expensive if I recall correctly; especially if you take the paint package with them.

I had a foreigner colleague was questioning me why I need to do flooring. I told her how to move in with raw cement on the ground. She was stunned when she discovered we're in lifetime debt for a non-functioning space :s22:

Monday21

Reaction score

My nephew was playing around with a trolley and crashed into an edge of my bomb shelter. The crash was soft but was enough to chip off my wall. This is really scary man..

viccom87

Reaction score
LOL welcome to bto :s13:

Congrats though! Yes, those that are non load bearing walls will be partition walls. I had a nippon painter come over and they recommended paint a sealant layer before normal paint color to help make the wall more "sturdy". Not that expensive if I recall correctly; especially if you take the paint package with them.

I had a foreigner colleague was questioning me why I need to do flooring. I told her how to move in with raw cement on the ground. She was stunned when she discovered we're in lifetime debt for a non-functioning space :s22:

Lol.. I painting myself.. Brought sealants and paint from Nippon.. Think most likely I paint 2 coats of sealants and see if the wall is more sturdy.. Haha.. My concern, will the stupid dry wall break or studs kanna ripped off if I put heavy staff on the rack on the wall and if next time my relative cames stay, what we talk in one bedroom, I think they can hear.. My mum so angry with the walls, she wants to go hdb and complain.. Haha..

My flat got flooring, but I wonder why the previous selector didn't opt for bedroom door, toilet door, toilet basin.. Now my dad looking for his old Reno friends to help put in DIY my house..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.