Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have said this either in this thread or elsewhere. Rikecool has basically cornered the market. Many marques use them, even the premium ones. Taxi companies included. VW, skoda seems to have bucked the trend recently and switched to 3M.

Sent from 你怕黑吗?黑有什么好怕 using GAGT

Vw uses 3M. Skoda is with vkool.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a pity the jazz versions here do not come with Apple Carplay. Want to install aftermarket also cannot, say will void the warranty.
When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? :s13: If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
When you say "void the warranty", what exactly are they voiding? Warranty for the stock player, or warranty for the whole car? :s13: If warranty for the stock player, so be it. No big deal.

If they say change player then whole car warranty void, tell the SA to go £@€# themselves. HU spoil don't tell me void warranty for suspension leaking, etc ... right?

You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You made a good point. I didn't really probe but the SE mentioned that cos the stock player is the main interface tied to the reverse cam, steering controls and some car electronics, the warranty will be affected for those items. It sounded like a long list of items to me.
I suggest you get them to give you a list.

Some things are understood. Steering controls will not work with aftermarket players unless you add an interface module between the controls and the player, and the player must be 1 that has the port for such interfaces. Reverse cam may or may not work with aftermarket player ... I can’t comment about current-gen cars, but older models where you can buy the optional original Honda reverse cam, it’d only work with the original Honda Gathers player, my understanding is the connection was harness rather than the standard yellow video cable, so if you go the aftermarket player route you might have to go aftermarket on the reverse cam too ... unless the reverse cam on the car is also local-fitted aftermarket and not an original Honda part.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS

HondaJG

Reaction score
U can have a mugen kit fitted on the facelift 1.3 jazz from kah motor for about 3k.

I suggest better save the 3k and get the 1.5 RS

am waiting for 1.5 RS (due in Nov). just like to go see see look look @mugen kit if is available in local store

Last edited:

zerodyssey

Reaction score
guys, i have a question.
If i plug the HDMI cable in.. is Jazz able to mirrorlink out my phone apps?

bai-ka

Reaction score
Honda Fit/Jazz - Part 2

Part 1 here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/honda-fit-jazz-3447056.html

search but no one create part 2 so i start the ball rolling.

got a 2009 GE8, intend to renew in the coming months.
asking for some advice before going down to the workshop.
got some other questions also but those are not mechanical issue so it can wait hahaha.

when the car is cold, change gear from P to D is a very big jerk.
testing the car at the dealer never felt this.
reverse very smooth no problem.
ATF (and engine oil, air filter, etc) changed when took over the car.
this one is 5sp auto, not CVT.

TIA.

bai-ka

Reaction score
aiyah, my forum search skill fail...
now got to find out how to delete thread.

thanks.

bai-ka

Reaction score
hello, gong gong went to start thread, didn't know part 2 is here already...
side question: how to delete thread?

got some other questions also but those are not mechanical issue so it can wait hahaha.

selanking

Reaction score
hello, gong gong went to start thread, didn't know part 2 is here already...
side question: how to delete thread?

Found Lots of Honda car gearbox got issues, mostly are civics.
High chance is gb issue.
I got the same issue before in fd, not sure they are used same gearbox or not.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.