Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1930 is for 64GB. 2160 is for 256.

yes more expensive

make sense this this can be considered as "limited edition"

HKD 10799 / 5.71 = SGD 1891

take 1891 with GST will be SGD 2023.

Since they sell for 2160, thats abt $137 for gross profit. minus all the logistics and operation cost, it's reasonable.

Last edited:

mrkerpalz

Reaction score
just gotten my set yesterday. got a friend came in from HK.
paid 124999KHD / 2194 SGD for 512GB set.

if you have a friend in HK, get it. its worth it!

Corny_Cow

Master Member
Reaction score
this whole esim saga is damn retarded. so apple actually went all out to 'create' versions that dont support dual sim, like sg.

Eidekos

Reaction score
im holding my purchase to dual sim HK set. just need to wait for a friend or distributor (not those crazy expensive) posting more than sg RRP

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you guys foresee about the possibility of Apple SG making physical dual SIM models available here in the near future?

Or do you think we're stuck with eSIM iPhones if we only want local sets?

sendhalp

Reaction score
I think e-Sim is the way Apple wants it to go for dual Sim, but Apple face strong resistance in China to use e-Sim. That’s why they have no choice but to develop a physical dual-Sim phone. And Apple is losing market share in China due to the strong rise of Huawei and other China phones, Apple got no choice but to “somehow” make dual-Sim happen in China,hk,Macau. Hence they build physical dual-Sim

Dual Sim phones have been out for so Long, almost all the China branded have dual Sim for very Long. But all using physical dual, hence I assume China not keen to go into e-Sim

Depends on how fast China adopt e-Sim, otherwise I’m certain Apple would continue to make 2 different variant, one for China market and the other for rest of the world

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it 2 different internals of the phones?
would be interesting to see if the dual sim tray works on our variants

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
online reservations for an iphone through Apple Hong Kong requires a HK based mobile number.

looks like i got no choice and hope they have stocks on the day of my visit to HK.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Esim will be on a monthly subscription model. U guys still interested?

how do u noe it'll be a monthly subscription model?

anyway, i also wun be interested in esim bcoz i still prefer to have 2 physical sim. its more versatile and i can easily split into 2 phones or change into andriod without going through the telco's app and whatever qr code.

versatility is key. if they can sort out the esim implementation, then it'll be a different question.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Bro where you got this information from?

Also we know that the HK physical dual Sim model is only for the Max.

I Guess the esim local sets applies to both max and non max?

Esim will be on a monthly subscription model. U guys still interested?

kashanai

Reaction score
Singapore supports esim but whether or not there’s monthly changes it’s a separate question.

The govt wants us consumer to be able to switch platform easily and not die directly to telco. Example my SIM card is strictly Singtel, if port over is a new SIM card. I’m supposing esim would work entirely different

how do u noe it'll be a monthly subscription model?

anyway, i also wun be interested in esim bcoz i still prefer to have 2 physical sim. its more versatile and i can easily split into 2 phones or change into andriod without going through the telco's app and whatever qr code.

versatility is key. if they can sort out the esim implementation, then it'll be a different question.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason why esim in Sg is not common is because telco also resisting it .

They earn from SIM card 29.90 for each card.

If they convert to esim. This profit will be lost.

The esim is there few years back but no telco wants to make it available for consumer

converse2010

Reaction score
The reason why esim in Sg is not common is because telco also resisting it .

They earn from SIM card 29.90 for each card.

If they convert to esim. This profit will be lost.

The esim is there few years back but no telco wants to make it available for consumer
Thought eSim will cost consumer $10.70 per month? Or was it provided so long with the telco?

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Thought eSim will cost consumer $10.70 per month? Or was it provided so long with the telco?

How come eSim will cost consumer 10.70 per mth?

Even Numbershare for  watch u only pay 6.90 for the service and not the eSim.
They only change 10.70 when u first reg.

eric16

Reaction score
online reservations for an iphone through Apple Hong Kong requires a HK based mobile number.

looks like i got no choice and hope they have stocks on the day of my visit to HK.

you can get a prepaid HK number, not expensive, about $10, and they wont send any SMS for verification unlike the past years. Or you can join in the walk-in queue when the apple stores open at 10am, but the walk-in queue will be longer waiting time, good chance can get a set, but not the 512GB cos there seems to be a flipping market for 512GB in HK.

Eidekos

Reaction score
basically the most important upgrade frm my X is not available here in SG. so i have to wait for HK set.

esim not really sure when or how local telco will implement it. but use case from watch is diff and if they'll charge monthly for those availing it, is a possibility. guess have to wait.

ios 12.1 beta enables e-sim functionality. so hope local telco works with that timeline as well after official 12.1 is released.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.