Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So important question now which the board has to decide

Who can turn and lift the team around and on the pitch where it matters, to reverse the direction that our team is heading.

Who is worth keeping at the club? (in terms of money value)
Who is more loyal to the club and places the club before himself

a) Pogba
b) Mourinho

Should the decision be made at the end of the season (where most of the players contracts are ending, they have aged a year older, another season wasted, they are open to offers from other clubs) or ASAP to save the season.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of people making excuses for players about managers not getting the best out of them. Get the best out of yourself! Pogba is such a top player, people talk about his position and being given freedom; what is freedom? People keep saying he needs to be let off the leash, but what is freedom?

Is freedom doing a stupid Cruyff turn on the halfway line and losing the ball and Wolves going up the other end and scoring?

Carragher's take on Pogba
https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-mourinho-situation-jamie-carraghers-verdict

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hazard can't broke the deadlock at West Ham last wk, can his Belgian counterpart Lukaku and Fellaini do it coming sat?

Early game wor 7:30 if I'm not wrong ;)

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at the moment "neither" is the answer for all your questions except money value, which will definitely be player.
So important question now which the board has to decide

Who can turn and lift the team around and on the pitch where it matters, to reverse the direction that our team is heading.

Who is worth keeping at the club? (in terms of money value)
Who is more loyal to the club and places the club before himself

a) Pogba
b) Mourinho

Should the decision be made at the end of the season (where most of the players contracts are ending, they have aged a year older, another season wasted, they are open to offers from other clubs) or ASAP to save the season.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba makes mistakes. They all do. I don’t think motivation was ever a question or doubt for him. He always tries, just that sometimes over fancy and doesn’t work out. I don’t think he’s not motivated. To be fair, I thought he played quite well for the last few games ever since we started winning again.

But I can’t say the same for others.

You see the number of players who played well before coming to United or continue to do so at international level but can’t replicate that form at club level. If rarely happens or only 1 player, still can justify. But if it keeps happening then you start wondering why and what’s that constant causing this.

Edit: just saw the video he posted after the Derby County match laughing away.. may not mean much but it doesn’t help him.

Last edited:

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the video: https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1044700651798888449/video/1

It looks like Pogba posted after the game and Mourinho is upset at him posting himself laughing after a loss or something along those lines.

Someone used storiesig to confirm it was posted after the game was finished.

shaw and pereira smiling too... hmm

Reddit got people say it was posted during the match but WiFi somehow delay so it appeared only later, not sure how true is that but I dunno what to believe anymore. All these isn’t helping the club at all.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When comes a time the club chooses Pogba over Jose, that means we have finally succumb to player power. This simply cannot happen. Sir Alex will never ever allow that, and the board should never ever allow that. Players play for the club, the fans and whoever the manager is, no matter they like it or not. If Jose is sack, it is because of poor results, not because of Paul Pogba. Both are viruses if you ask me

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tbh i don't recall any players posting insta story from the stand during games in recent times ... defo not during when our team is down or after a loss.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's just say it says a lot when any player can be seen laughing/smiling away, even if it may not be at the club, during a game in which the teammates are not exactly having a stroll. A captain or vice-captain, when not playing, should be observing and then either discussing with the players how they could do better, or think what he could've done in those situations. I think that's called responsibility.

Sure, he could have done that in his head, and was just laughing at s small joke or what, but I can't imagine King Eric, or Keano, or Schmeichel ever doing that. And the biggest turn-off is posting it on social media. Himself.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A manager's job is much tougher these days, dissect tactics and manage social media.. knn...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like a repeating sight since Moyes, van Gaal, now Mourinho.

if it is manager, easy, sack again and try again

or has it got to do with who and how the club recruit(players)?

You see the number of players who played well before coming to United or continue to do so at international level but can’t replicate that form at club level. If rarely happens or only 1 player, still can justify. But if it keeps happening then you start wondering why and what’s that constant causing this.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it's his own instagram. He can do whatever he wants with it anytime. He's not playing on the pitch, he's not part of the coaching staff so he can't influence the game. I'm not sure what the fuss is about really. But my own opinion lah. As i said, Jose knew what he was doing there when he confronted Pogba, whatever agenda he may have

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mourinho isn't sacked yet guys.

Sanchez and LKK better figure out how to work with each other.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it's his own instagram. He can do whatever he wants with it anytime. He's not playing on the pitch, he's not part of the coaching staff so he can't influence the game. I'm not sure what the fuss is about really. But my own opinion lah. As i said, Jose knew what he was doing there when he confronted Pogba, whatever agenda he may have

It's the vibe it gives off, especially since Pogba is meant to be a pillar of the team.

Imagine if it's the final season of SAF and the one committing the act is......... Ferdinand.

Actually if you think about it, it's kinda like Ferdinand and his Twitter antics while Moyes was manager.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would differ, how you present yourself to the public is very important when you have a huge following and represent a football club of our stature.

Same as why politicians behave a certain manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.