High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No money buy the low end model.
Got money buy the cellular model.
Still need to ask ?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I’ve always tethered from my iPhone as I felt I don’t need another cellular subscription. What is more is that my main line have a lot of data.

By the way I’m using the iPad Pro 10.5” 64GB wifi model. The choice is yours and it also depends on your needs or budget. Tethering is also slower than cellular connection, but not until so slow.

tec_geek

Reaction score
not worth. just tether lah if you need data. :s12:

And now if both your iPhone and iPad is the same iCloud/Apple ID account + Bluetooth turned on for both devices, when you turn on the Wi-Fi on your iPad, you should be able to see your iPhone listed as one of your devices to connect to for Personal Hotspot.

So you don’t have to always manually turn on the Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, as long as it is nearby.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204681#hotspot

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And now if both your iPhone and iPad is the same iCloud/Apple ID account + Bluetooth turned on for both devices, when you turn on the Wi-Fi on your iPad, you should be able to see your iPhone listed as one of your devices to connect to for Personal Hotspot.

So you don’t have to always manually turn on the Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, as long as it is nearby.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204681#hotspot

Ya man. Damn convenient. No need cellular ipad lah to be honest. Waste of extra $

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to have cellular iPads, but of late, I don't think it is worth getting it. The difference in price is quite significant, and nowadays, it is very easy to tether from phone.

At the end of the day, TS will need to decide why you need a cellular only model. It is convenient no doubt, but do you think you will be using data on the iPad all the time?

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would go for tethered data from iPhone.

Outdoor just tether.
Indoor just wifi. Alot of free wifi spots in sg

The few hundred dollars saved can buy some other apple products.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would go for tethered data from iPhone.

Outdoor just tether.
Indoor just wifi. Alot of free wifi spots in sg

The few hundred dollars saved can buy some other apple products.

I think the question to TS is, are you going to use your iPad when you are on the go? If so, then perhaps it merits getting the cellular version. Otherwise, most people will tend to settle down somewhere before they pull out a tablet to use. That is when using tether makes more sense. After all, it is just an additional step of pulling out your phone and switching on the tether and the iPad will just pick up the signal.

I used to think, yes, I will use it on the go. Till I am using it, I actually find myself more comfortable with using my mobile phone when I am on the go. After all, the 5/6 inch phone is more convenient than holding a 10 inch tablet.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the question to TS is, are you going to use your iPad when you are on the go? If so, then perhaps it merits getting the cellular version. Otherwise, most people will tend to settle down somewhere before they pull out a tablet to use. That is when using tether makes more sense. After all, it is just an additional step of pulling out your phone and switching on the tether and the iPad will just pick up the signal.

I used to think, yes, I will use it on the go. Till I am using it, I actually find myself more comfortable with using my mobile phone when I am on the go. After all, the 5/6 inch phone is more convenient than holding a 10 inch tablet.

Cellular is more of a question for convenience. You may not need it but when you need it and don’t have it, it is rather frustrating

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only worth it if your data plan comes with an extra sim.

I got an extra SIM card with 500mb data which I am using for my iPad.

Good enough for me to watch football games while on the train.

nicepal

Reaction score
Only worth it if your data plan comes with an extra sim.

I got an extra SIM card with 500mb data which I am using for my iPad.

Good enough for me to watch football games while on the train.

500mb enough to watch football games???

I also have an extra 500mb sim with me for months... never used it.. used ones and accidentally exceeded teh 500mb. end up paying extra $ for the data used....

As for buying cellular or wifi, like others said.. all depends.... if official use that comes with office sim, then cellular is a better choice. tether from phone is also ok if you have tons of data from phone. I bought cellular models iPad, under utilise, mostly tether from phone.. my experience is tether is slightly than direct data from iPad and it does drains the phone battery a little faster.

nicepal

Reaction score
Pair with Zero1 $9.90 unlimited throttled plan.

OR

Tethering from iPhone?

thanks for sharing the name Zero1, sound interesting... made a check on it.

"Promotional monthly subscription fee of $9.90 is valid for the first 6 months only. Prevailing monthly subscription fee of $13.90 will apply thereafter. Other usage charges apply" thus not sure if it is always $9.90.. while the 9GB at $39.90, is kind of ex....

Because if you are using ST, paying $39.90, can get up to 50GB of 4G speed while exceeding that speed is throttled...

mackie8

Reaction score
I also cant decide haha..
We have air2 that is cellular i think i use cellular connection less than 10times... I only game in the ipad and content consumption....
I use my s7 for hotspot... Its a company fone... So data is free.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3A using GAGT

foxriver

Reaction score
I got the cellular version but honestly speaking never used the 4g much. I carry my ipad around though, the places i use my ipad usually have wifi.

However i'll still get the cellular version if given a choice. You'll never know when you need it, and cellular resale value higher + more people want to buy.

keytheboogamer

Reaction score
I got a cellular ipad pro 11 with a starhub sim, 2 week of using cancel off and now using TPG simcard. Shiok

Previously download nursery video cos starhub got limit. With tpg i just stream youtube in HD outside.

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TPG is unlimited?

With cellular the GPS works better cos also supported by cell tower triangulation.

I got a cellular ipad pro 11 with a starhub sim, 2 week of using cancel off and now using TPG simcard. Shiok

Previously download nursery video cos starhub got limit. With tpg i just stream youtube in HD outside.

keytheboogamer

Reaction score
TPG is unlimited?

With cellular the GPS works better cos also supported by cell tower triangulation.

As of now is daily capped at 2gb thereafter speed become slower. No subscription.
1 NRIC can sign 3 line. :D plus it is 4G

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.