Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received this in email. A little bit short on Maybank. But Maybank reference month is June so seems I’m gonna be stuck with SC.

Exclusive offer: Top up your e$aver Account by 30 September 2018 and earn up to 1.80% p.a. interest for 6 months.

Dear Valued Client,

We greatly appreciate your decision to choose Standard Chartered for your Priority Banking needs.

As our valued e$aver account holder, we are delighted to offer you an exclusive promotion to enjoy up to 1.80% p.a.1 interest on your e$aver account. To qualify, simply top up your account with fresh funds^ and maintain a minimum account balance of S$100,000 as of 30 September 2018.

is this the next promotion for eSaver for October (for 6 months??)?

LexusIS

Reaction score
Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they won’t be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.

beautyseek

Reaction score
Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they won’t be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.

Oh. Me too. Went to battery rd maybank premier. Same treatment. This is the second time maybank hint hint to me that no point to open up premier with them...

beautyseek

Reaction score
Maybank Prestige Savings new rates:
Oct/Nov: 1.85%, Dec: 2%
http://www.maybankpremierwealth.com/sg/en/solutions/prestige-savings-account.html

How's the experience with Maybank Premier?

Notice that there's no fall below fee, which is a good thing.

If SCB/HSBC cant match this for last Q of 2018, looks like Maybank is the way to go for next 3 months.

Fall below fee $50
Closure fee within 6 mths $30

Must open USD acct, prestige acct and save up acct to be their Premier client. Very mafan. 3 accounts!

I ask if usually waived. It seems not so.

I m reconsidering. May end up just use normal iSavvy. In fact their recept at Premier pointed to me to just use iSavvy the moment i stepped in. She asked why u bother to sign up Premier? My eyes rolled. What a welcoming recept

Last edited:

LexusIS

Reaction score
Fall below fee $50

Must open USD acct, prestige acct and save up acct to be their Premier client. Very mafan. 3 accounts!

I m reconsidering. May end up just use normal iSavvy. In fact their recept at Premier pointed to me to just use iSavvy the moment i stepped in. She asked why u bother to sign up Premier? My eyes rolled. What a welcoming recept

Oh is it? Was told the only condition is to bring in S$300k before they shared on just use my existing isavy.

So far they are the only bank who don’t welcome “priority/privilege” type of customer.

Anyway Their save up account is not bad but service really cannot make it. Went to same branch to try set up the monthly investment, only to be told me to do it online 1st. Maybe Low revenue point and lots of work, so they can’t be bothered

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they dont know the concept of returning or long term customers.. one may not be interested to sign up originally but what if the person signed up already then find the other services attractive then sign up ? its the same concept as why so many websites try to capture your e-mail address even if you do not buy anything the first time.. guess the RMs are just lazy

is this the next promotion for eSaver for October (for 6 months??)?

this is different.. normal eSaver promo have to wait till 1st october for new rates to be refreshed

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fall below fee $50

Hi, the fall below fee $50 is for premier / prestige?
actually whats the difference between these 2?

i had one of these account, but i am unsure it is premier / prestige , it required me to keep a $10 in the account... i only deposited $10 inside, and for a few months they did not deduct any fee from the account...

cnotsniw

Reaction score
Fall below fee $50

Based on latest info on website, stated no fall below fee.

& eligibility stated was only 300k. Nothing about opening other types of account or investments.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Paiseh . Think this is targeted offer.

Tnc as attached :

https://av.sc.com/sg/content/docs/esaver-promo-terms-and-conditions.pdf

doesnt make sense though. since the guy seemed to be a priority banking customer, but the offer still asked him to transfer fresh funds so that acc balance more than 100k. but priority banking most of the time already have a lot more than that amount? as this offer seem to be for the whole account and not just the "fresh funds".

pilates

Reaction score
Ummm. The bulk of my SC AUM
are in my trading account. Leaving only a pity sum in my Esaver and other accounts.

So prolly this is targeted at customers who have minimal deposits with SC?

doesnt make sense though. since the guy seemed to be a priority banking customer, but the offer still asked him to transfer fresh funds so that acc balance more than 100k. but priority banking most of the time already have a lot more than that amount? as this offer seem to be for the whole account and not just the "fresh funds".

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ummm. The bulk of my SC AUM
are in my trading account. Leaving only a pity sum in my Esaver and other accounts.

So prolly this is targeted at customers who have minimal deposits with SC?

hmm then think it is targeted at those whom they are 100% sure have more than 100k but didnt put the 100k in a eSaver acc.....

pilates

Reaction score
Heh I would think so, cause the RM kept calling and texting to check whether I’m keen on this offer.

Therefore I think no harm checking with your SC RM whether they can extend the offer to you.

hmm then think it is targeted at those whom they are 100% sure have more than 100k but didnt put the 100k in a eSaver acc.....

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do enlighten, bro :)

just open 2 isavvy accounts. do merry go round and transfer the funds between them every 2 months like (isavvy ACC 1 --> withdraw to 3rd party bank ---> transfer back to isavvy ACC 2).

never tried on isavvy before but heard ppl do it and Stanchart eSaver works the same way too.

if not and u are afraid of the T&Cs, just iSavvy acc 1 --> transfer to Stanchart esaver or any other acc with higher interest for that 2 months--> transfer back isavvy acc 1 after 2 months again when interest rates refreshed and the ADB is compared to the new month.

ok maybe i get what u mean.. cos it just says June only this time.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you are right. I transfered out my funds at beginning Aug leaving only $1000. Sometime middle of that month they suddenly upgrade me to priority and sent me a gift. Probably because I had high balance the last few mths. I received the SMS and letter too.

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
just open 2 isavvy accounts. do merry go round and transfer the funds between them every 2 months like (isavvy ACC 1 --> withdraw to 3rd party bank ---> transfer back to isavvy ACC 2).

never tried on isavvy before but heard ppl do it and Stanchart eSaver works the same way too.

if not and u are afraid of the T&Cs, just iSavvy acc 1 --> transfer to Stanchart esaver or any other acc with higher interest for that 2 months--> transfer back isavvy acc 1 after 2 months again when interest rates refreshed and the ADB is compared to the new month.

ok maybe i get what u mean.. cos it just says June only this time.

Ic. Thanks!
I thought usually merry go round every 2-3 months between isavvy and esaver. Maybe can try between accounts of the same bank this time :)

beautyseek

Reaction score
Based on latest info on website, stated no fall below fee.

& eligibility stated was only 300k. Nothing about opening other types of account or investments.

I was a little pissed by recept's attitude so i insisted to see a RM and that was what the RM told me.

Must maintain AUM 300k else will kena fall below fee. Cannot close acct for 6 mths else will kena closure fee. Must open USD acct, save up acct and prestige acct. It is like a bundled thing. You have to open all these if u open a Premier client relationship.

I duuno any diff better prestige and premier. Thot same thing.

I

Xemoth

Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question

But does anyone know the difference between CIMB why wait fixed deposit and the fast fixed deposit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.