Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
UML. AL OR BLOOD SUCKING LEECH.

Haha....I don’t think they can have legal means against u since they themselves are illegal....simi business loan....I think u go and tell the police at least write one statement protect urself can already...

chulu2810

Reaction score
Yes. That what I feel too.

Haha....I don’t think they can have legal means against u since they themselves are illegal....simi business loan....I think u go and tell the police at least write one statement protect urself can already...

lilangel21

Reaction score
Hi all. Apologies if im gonna offend anyone by asking these questions:-

1. The IO has yet to contact me. I have been sending to him via email the receipts and evidence etc. Even left him a message to return my call.

2. Is there an outlet that I can show the profile pic of the scammer's whatsapp? I am aware that any WhatsApp user can use any pics they want but just in case that profile pic is innocent, shouldnt he or she made aware that his or her pic is used for such crime?

3. The scammer in question told me his name and which company he is working for, I've done a search after the scam and note that the company which is a sole proprietorship has since cancelled the business. I have the name of the sole proprietor and his address as well.

Any thoughts is most welcome. I hope to create awareness and as SG citizens we should look out for one another and work hand in hand with the authorities.

chulu2810

Reaction score
For 1 - Good news. They will follow up. Any related abt yr AL or others just forward to the IO.

For 2 - post the photos that AL made use will create issue to the person of the photo.

For 3 - he is a 100% UML...
perhaps u can text that sole proprietor n warn them of their info being made use... but they may be relate to UML too.

Hi all. Apologies if im gonna offend anyone by asking these questions:-

1. The IO has yet to contact me. I have been sending to him via email the receipts and evidence etc. Even left him a message to return my call.

2. Is there an outlet that I can show the profile pic of the scammer's whatsapp? I am aware that any WhatsApp user can use any pics they want but just in case that profile pic is innocent, shouldnt he or she made aware that his or her pic is used for such crime?

3. The scammer in question told me his name and which company he is working for, I've done a search after the scam and note that the company which is a sole proprietorship has since cancelled the business. I have the name of the sole proprietor and his address as well.

Any thoughts is most welcome. I hope to create awareness and as SG citizens we should look out for one another and work hand in hand with the authorities.

lilangel21

Reaction score
Thank you. Agreed with ur points.
3. I have tracked the sole proprietor. I have his full name & address but not his contact no.
I can't wait for the IO to call me. Should I go down to the police station and look for him instead?

For 1 - Good news. They will follow up. Any related abt yr AL or others just forward to the IO.

For 2 - post the photos that AL made use will create issue to the person of the photo.

For 3 - he is a 100% UML...
perhaps u can text that sole proprietor n warn them of their info being made use... but they may be relate to UML too.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Agreed with ur points.
3. I have tracked the sole proprietor. I have his full name & address but not his contact no.
I can't wait for the IO to call me. Should I go down to the police station and look for him instead?

Agree with earlier comments for point 1 & 2. As for point 3, since you only have address, not advisable that you go look for the person. You dont know his background.

As for the io, he might be busy with yours and other cases in hand. Continue sending your evidences and wait for him to call you back.

lilangel21

Reaction score
Thank you. Will do.

Agree with earlier comments for point 1 & 2. As for point 3, since you only have address, not advisable that you go look for the person. You dont know his background.

As for the io, he might be busy with yours and other cases in hand. Continue sending your evidences and wait for him to call you back.

lilangel21

Reaction score
Btw I really want to nab this scammer. He is probably a Msian Chinese based on his accent and speaks Malay. Bery bad English. He claims to be Je**, put a profile photo of him & a girl. No matter what I spoke to him, shout and f him upside down to return my money back, he still demands for the money to "close my account"! It's like he has set his goal just go for the money! Whereas I didn't even owe him any! It's him who owes me!!

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Btw I really want to nab this scammer. He is probably a Msian Chinese based on his accent and speaks Malay. Bery bad English. He claims to be Je**, put a profile photo of him & a girl. No matter what I spoke to him, shout and f him upside down to return my money back, he still demands for the money to "close my account"! It's like he has set his goal just go for the money! Whereas I didn't even owe him any! It's him who owes me!!
Ask him.fk off

chulu2810

Reaction score
I had been hit by these scammer too.
Upfront deposit or trial loan for a bigger sum.
All bulls#@t.

Report n SPF can't do much or catch them that fast.
Got to learn the lesson.

chulu2810

Reaction score
U might b trace by possible AL spy.
How about post on fB or social media w a fake acc.
A least to warn others.
Attach yr police report with yr confidential detail blank off.

That what I can think of.

Anyone care to post the name/contact numbers used by the scammer here?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Cheque number can retrieve fr record.
Will quote in the report.

Chat not helpful cause communicate via voice call.

The other thru a friend.
That we have chat but is between my friend n me on that al.
This will implicate him somehow which I try to avoid.
He been helping me with him.

Alamak....not even one...? Then ur chat is the most concrete evidence....how about the cheque u issued? I believe u have the cheque number....

chulu2810

Reaction score
As for the Je#$ or we named him JERK...
U can silent his number n keep to see what his tricks n collect to send to your IO.

Also private yr social media too.

I did same to my others n I am doing fine now.
Maybe they did come over but maybe deter by the cctv.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Cancel the cheque perhaps? Or if you really Want the police to catch this fellow. You just provide the company name which you issued the cheque to. Since legit business, shouldn’t be difficult for you to catch the guy.

No AL would ever leave any link or clue to link up to them. Since your AL, as you claimed got a legit business, you can report him and use this opportunity to catch him.

Cheque number can retrieve fr record.
Will quote in the report.

Chat not helpful cause communicate via voice call.

The other thru a friend.
That we have chat but is between my friend n me on that al.
This will implicate him somehow which I try to avoid.
He been helping me with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.