Anyone buy iPhone XS from HK/CN ?

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can get a prepaid HK number, not expensive, about $10, and they wont send any SMS for verification unlike the past years. Or you can join in the walk-in queue when the apple stores open at 10am, but the walk-in queue will be longer waiting time, good chance can get a set, but not the 512GB cos there seems to be a flipping market for 512GB in HK.

thanks for the tip. i may skip the $10 and join the queue. my flight's on 16 Oct so there's still time for the flippers market to die down.

eric16

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. i may skip the $10 and join the queue. my flight's on 16 Oct so there's still time for the flippers market to die down.

No worries, so far on any given day, there's always healthy stock for the XS Max 256GB/64GB for all colours at the bigger Apple Stores like the ones at IFC mall or Causeway Bay.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Esim is tag to the mobileshare which you need to pay 10.70 per month which eat your mainline data .

While physical Sim. You will need to buy the SIM card 29.90 (1 time payment)plus 10.70 per month

Thought eSim will cost consumer $10.70 per month? Or was it provided so long with the telco?

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5.90 is the promotion price . Esim is basically extension of your main line which works same as mobileshare without physical card.

While the new esim is the main line itself which you only pay the monthly subscription
But not available yet
How come eSim will cost consumer 10.70 per mth?

Even Numbershare for  watch u only pay 6.90 for the service and not the eSim.
They only change 10.70 when u first reg.

BoeingWong

Reaction score
I have given up esim ideas.Decided to get HK set with AppleCare.Need to ask the fetthere for help already

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't mind e-SIM, but they better don't charge us monthly for the e-SIM.
If not wont be fair for us who want dual SIM.

I'd think the only monthly charge will be due to it being a mobile line, rather than it being an eSIM. The one coming up for the latest iPhones here, that is.

The present monthly charge from Singtel is because it's a Mobile Share line, like paying for a value-added service.

I'm not looking forward to it because I can imagine what happens if the iPhone dies and we need to approach the telco for a new (physical) SIM so that we can use it in another phone. What's the cost of a SIM card replacement these days?

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my HK Max 512 gold. Never experience lousy wifi or LTE as compared to my other Singtel esim set. The download is Super fast.

aloysiuschia

Banned
Reaction score
Got my 256gb as well. So far so good using 1 for personal and 1 for work. Finally back to iOS after 7 years with android.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got mine last night as well. I’m using local and overseas number in one iPhone, feels great and so far so good. Going to check on the battery by today.

Congrats. Think u need to wait for couple of days for the os to settle down then u can see better battery life

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.