Dental clinic in jb

hwsstx

Reaction score
Went on Sat to CH Tee.

I miscalculated my journey I thought I will be safe reaching the causeway at 730am... in the end only reach CH Tee around 1030am. Sigh.

The lady dentist is nice. I have 2 problems, 1 is a cracked tooth and 1 is pain in another tooth. She said she has to solve the pain problem before attempting the cracked tooth problem (though cynical me may think she prefer more visits for money?)

The pain tooth, she say she will clean and fill it up for me instead of going to root canal operations, ask me visit again 2 weeks later. If the pain stops, then there is no need for root canal. If the pain persists, then she will go to next step then.
This is why I though at least she tries other ways before going for the big operation (which is more costly)

sigh. after this pain solve, the cracked one probably crowning, which is going to be expensive also

Thanks for sharing. What's the dentist name?

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800 (05Oct2019: Mistake. I did not go thru this.)
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.

Last edited:

goldsilvercity

Reaction score

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.

Same! Dr Terk! :D
looks like i have to spend the RM800 x 2 too... i have 1 root canal (suspected) and 1 crown (suspected)
sigh. oh well i guess it is a lot cheaper than in SG

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aug 2017, for me:
- Root Canal, RM 800
- Crown, RM 800
Dr Terk did it for me.

Good info guys. Esp those who put the dental work done and the price in RM.

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Any other dentist IN JB to recommend for Crown implant. Need to do for 2 front tooth...

fabianshc

Reaction score
Hi all!

After reading all the posts, would most prob go to CH Tee for an appointment to do filling.

Wondering if anyone had bad experiences there?

Abit scared cause not in SG.

archcherub

Reaction score
I can’t decide if I shld save me money to do in JB or be safe side and do in Singapore.
More expensive in Singapore but quality better, right?
Since Singaporeans more picky haha

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can’t decide if I shld save me money to do in JB or be safe side and do in Singapore.
More expensive in Singapore but quality better, right?
Since Singaporeans more picky haha

IMO, depends on the cost difference.

If big savings, I'd pick one of the recommended ones in JB. Especially if I don't already have any regular dentist here in SG.

SG ones sure to be better? I personally don't think so... :)

hwsstx

Reaction score
Today had RM 150 for a filling (small molar) at Dental Clinic CH TEE. More expensive than normal. Maybe because more work & use white colour filling. No X-ray required.

Now the cubicles upstairs are enclosed from ceiling to floor at the front but within only 3/4 height wall.

Last edited:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one of my front teeth cracked half when i fell, is crowning the best solution to this ? the CH dental can do on the spot ? no need make appointment?

hwsstx

Reaction score
one of my front teeth cracked half when i fell, is crowning the best solution to this ? the CH dental can do on the spot ? no need make appointment?

Appointments are for follow ups or continuation of a job e.g. root canal, follow up with crowning. For all my new/fresh visits I walked in.

Dentist will assess the condition & advise. If agreeable the surgery starts immediately...after that if needed, follow up for another day will be arranged.

Last edited:

new_bie

Reaction score
any1 experience tooth gap on the front teeth (diastema/veener)?
& what the treatment/dmg if do in jb?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 experience tooth gap on the front teeth (diastema/veener)?
& what the treatment/dmg if do in jb?

yes, mine closed after putting on braces, but now it opened again as did not maintain everyday wear the retainers...

Spent $20-30 on polyclinic consultation ONLY... they are of no help and refused to help tighten my retainers/ fill/close up the gap for me and referred me to hospital, KTP hospital quoted me >$50-100 just for 1st visit consultation without doing anything.... i gave the appointment a miss... wasted money and half a year of waiting for the polyclinic

i didnt go JB to check out yet

if anyone can find out anything/pricing from JB on how to fix the gaps/ can tighten retainers, kindly do an update :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.