Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Depend yr amt bah,, I think.
I have 3x 1.2k, 1x 5k n a business loan with LML.
Only 2x haunt me. Rest quiet. Few just send letter of demand.
Don't think they will spend to do those... believe they will follow up n later via instalment.

I Know UML OR AL we can block, ignore etc. But for LML can we do the same? Can LML go to court and issue writ of summons to us? With court order, they can do seizure?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Problem is they smart n ask for issue cash cheque.

1 od the acc of it alr closed by bank.
Other 1 still live account. Will cancel that cheque.

Cancel the cheque perhaps? Or if you really Want the police to catch this fellow. You just provide the company name which you issued the cheque to. Since legit business, shouldn’t be difficult for you to catch the guy.

No AL would ever leave any link or clue to link up to them. Since your AL, as you claimed got a legit business, you can report him and use this opportunity to catch him.

Aion99

Reaction score
Depend yr amt bah,, I think.
I have 3x 1.2k, 1x 5k n a business loan with LML.
Only 2x haunt me. Rest quiet. Few just send letter of demand.
Don't think they will spend to do those... believe they will follow up n later via instalment.
5k they will haunt?
Haunt u means they go to your house and office to make a scene? Calling u non stops daily? They sent demand letter by postal?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Best to cancel the cheque and also to lodge police report. Get the police to retrieve from the bank on the cash cheque. They will be able to track the account holder. If you want to stop them, then let bank provide the cheque details to the police.

Problem is they smart n ask for issue cash cheque.

1 od the acc of it alr closed by bank.
Other 1 still live account. Will cancel that cheque.

lilangel21

Reaction score
I've blocked him on all the numbers in whatsapp! Ytd he sent me the typical threatening video (I guess) via a new mobile no. Below that was a threatening msg. But I didn't open and immediately blocked again. I've blocked his calls as well. He's currently chasing my NOK.

As for the Je#$ or we named him JERK...
U can silent his number n keep to see what his tricks n collect to send to your IO.

Also private yr social media too.

I did same to my others n I am doing fine now.
Maybe they did come over but maybe deter by the cctv.

lilangel21

Reaction score
How do I proceed with the CCTV installation? Ask police for assistance? IO still hasn't called. Sent him several emails already. I know my case not the only one at least gimme a call to know he at least received my report la..

I've blocked him on all the numbers in whatsapp! Ytd he sent me the typical threatening video (I guess) via a new mobile no. Below that was a threatening msg. But I didn't open and immediately blocked again. I've blocked his calls as well. He's currently chasing my NOK.

chulu2810

Reaction score
I received their calls.

My wife received a few but after I complain to ROM, they call her to get me contact them.
Didn't say much unlike prev.

I received demand letter on door n via text.
I reply noted & will arrange my end.

5k they will haunt?
Haunt u means they go to your house and office to make a scene? Calling u non stops daily? They sent demand letter by postal?

chulu2810

Reaction score
Settle yr cctv 1st. Install at yr gate don't have to.
I call town council prev n they reply they won't interfere if within yr house.
Public area like corridor will be under them.

How do I proceed with the CCTV installation? Ask police for assistance? IO still hasn't called. Sent him several emails already. I know my case not the only one at least gimme a call to know he at least received my report la..

chulu2810

Reaction score
Open n record n send to IO.
Have yr nok block their number.

Let them spent getting new cards. Eventually they will stop.
A officer told me.

chulu2810

Reaction score
This got to be tactful as implicate my friend.
Other acc closed one is ok.

The other live account cheque will go bank n cancel.

Best to cancel the cheque and also to lodge police report. Get the police to retrieve from the bank on the cash cheque. They will be able to track the account holder. If you want to stop them, then let bank provide the cheque details to the police.

Aion99

Reaction score
I received their calls.

My wife received a few but after I complain to ROM, they call her to get me contact them.

But I totally unable to pay, do u think if just pay 100 monthly for a 5k loan, if they say cannot accept, what can I do? Late charge and late interests etc already 400 per month, 5k loan become 10k loan 12 months later. By next years, total 25k LML loan may snowballed to 50k due to late interests.Seems like there is no hope to clear already.

Last edited:

chulu2810

Reaction score
Yours is licensed or unlicensed? As I know they can charge only 60 per mth.. U chi yr loan contract, what did it says?
If licensed, go to help group to help u negiotate with them.

They roll like AL.

But I totally unable to pay, do u think if just pay 100 monthly for a 5k loan, if they say cannot accept, what can I do? Late charge and late interests etc already 400 per month, 5k loan become 10k loan 12 months later. By next years, total 25k LML loan may snowballed to 50k due to late interests.Seems like there is no hope to clear already.

Aion99

Reaction score
Yours is licensed or unlicensed? As I know they can charge only 60 per mth.. U chi yr loan contract, what did it says?
If licensed, go to help group to help u negiotate with them.

They roll like AL.

I got both. But this 25k is from a few LML. Late charge is 60 monthly and Contract is those standard monthly 4% interest plus late interest 4%, so monthly roughly 8% interest. One year later 25k easily become 50k. Not matter how we negotiate, it is impossible to clear already.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Cheque number can retrieve fr record.
Will quote in the report.

Chat not helpful cause communicate via voice call.

The other thru a friend.
That we have chat but is between my friend n me on that al.
This will implicate him somehow which I try to avoid.
He been helping me with him.

Either way....I think if u making a police report ur Friend willl be in the picture.....since everything also connect through him.....next time u record the calls....yes and go retrieve through record at least got proof....

chulu2810

Reaction score
True. Thks bro for yr view.

Either way....I think if u making a police report ur Friend willl be in the picture.....since everything also connect through him.....next time u record the calls....yes and go retrieve through record at least got proof....

chulu2810

Reaction score
Suggest u get help grp to talk.
At least mthly manageable amount n drag long....
Scar li like our friend kanna 1st prize then settle all these..

I got both. But this 25k is from a few LML. Late charge is 60 monthly and Contract is those standard monthly 4% interest plus late interest 4%, so monthly roughly 8% interest. One year later 25k easily become 50k. Not matter how we negotiate, it is impossible to clear already.

lilangel21

Reaction score
Sorry what's ROM?

I received their calls.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Just go sim Lim and get a simple one and install it. IO will not only be attending to your case alone. Unless your house got splashed. If not it’s just a phone harassment.

Pls read all the Advices from previous pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.