[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's been micro transactions in DMC4, and so far the indications point to the ones in DMC5 being similar. These days the media whine over every single thing, they don't even pause to see if it makes sense.

Paiseh but I don't like micro transactions. That's the main reason I stepped away from mobile games in the first place.

But you like then ok lah no problems de :o

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gonna buy this game:s13:

378c6257.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxell011/archives/2084630.html

001-7.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/2...-fiona-gets-a-big-batch-of-first-screenshots/

Lol.. the website name siliconera is damn apt :s13:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows where I can buy used games in Singapore?

check our local game stores. most of them do sell used games. if you dunno which are used can ask the store guy.

eg: qisahn, gamextreme, tog etc.

i usually buy from qisahn cos can get them to mail to me.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paiseh but I don't like micro transactions. That's the main reason I stepped away from mobile games in the first place.

But you like then ok lah no problems de :o
It's not whether I like it or not (I don't), but this implementation has been around since DMC4, which is how many years ago. And they're acting like this is something new to whine about. I've never felt the need to purchase said dlc in DMC4, and if this is the same thing then it's not an issue in the first place.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Micro transactions never make any sense, if you want to cheat then just include a cheat code and not lock it behind real money.

It's sad that players have been conditioned to accept micro transactions nowadays.
Maybe they should just not include any cheats at all, right?

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not whether I like it or not (I don't), but this implementation has been around since DMC4, which is how many years ago. And they're acting like this is something new to whine about. I've never felt the need to purchase said dlc in DMC4, and if this is the same thing then it's not an issue in the first place.

Even if you don't feel the need to buy DLC, the option is still there taunting you everytime you open the menu to upgrade. That's why people were so pissed off with the Shadow of War shop.

Micro transactions that alter gameplay is just cancer, there is no reason it should ever exist from the consumer standpoint. It's such an ugly term that companies have to tell people their game doesn't contain any as a bonus.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Even if you don't feel the need to buy DLC, the option is still there taunting you everytime you open the menu to upgrade. That's why people were so pissed off with the Shadow of War shop.

Micro transactions that alter gameplay is just cancer, there is no reason it should ever exist from the consumer standpoint. It's such an ugly term that companies have to tell people their game doesn't contain any as a bonus.
Problem with microtransactions in single player games is that they are "pay to not play". You already paid money to buy the game, and you have to pay more money so you don't have to play it? Granted, you are paying to skip over parts of the game that are not fun to play (to level up quickly, to buy 'insurance' so you don't lose your things when your base gets attacked by other players while you are offline etc). This means that in order to 'encourage' you to pay, they will intentionally make the game (or parts of the game) no fun to play, make it extra grindy. Like Shadow of War, at first it feels ok, but later you will reach a point where it is obvious, and you realise so this is the part they are trying to get me to pay.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Problem with microtransactions in single player games is that they are "pay to not play". You already paid money to buy the game, and you have to pay more money so you don't have to play it? Granted, you are paying to skip over parts of the game that are not fun to play (to level up quickly, to buy 'insurance' so you don't lose your things when your base gets attacked by other players while you are offline etc). This means that in order to 'encourage' you to pay, they will intentionally make the game (or parts of the game) no fun to play, make it extra grindy. Like Shadow of War, at first it feels ok, but later you will reach a point where it is obvious, and you realise so this is the part they are trying to get me to pay.

You all keep using SOW as an example, but if you've played DMC4 you'll know it's not the same. But you're still gonna whine about regardless? If they make it horribly grindy I'll eat my humble pie, but if it's the same it's basically a pay to cheat scenario in a single player game, which affects no one but the player.

My point is that we can all hate dlc, but we must also see if it's as bad as the other horrible implementations before going on a pointless rant.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all keep using SOW as an example, but if you've played DMC4 you'll know it's not the same. But you're still gonna whine about regardless? If they make it horribly grindy I'll eat my humble pie, but if it's the same it's basically a pay to cheat scenario in a single player game, which affects no one but the player.

My point is that we can all hate dlc, but we must also see if it's as bad as the other horrible implementations before going on a pointless rant.

That's the issue, you think pay to skip/cheat is fine but I think it's cancer for the gaming scene as a whole.
Just put easy mode, let players drop difficulty if they suck but paying for a boost is never ok.

The micro-transaction thing will always be in the back of your mind even if the default rate is good and you never paid any money for it.

There's a reason why micro-transaction is always blown out of porportions whenever a game announces that it has them included.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.