Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

malthead

Reaction score
Currently I have been using SC esaver and HSBC for my savings. Curious how Maybank Isavvy works. Does it mean I can open an account and dump a sum of money without any condition and get 1.75% in Oct and Nov? Min 30k, max 3m?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Just went down to Maybank@Battery Road to look at signing up as a premier customer only to be told if I m not interested in investment services (bonds, unit trust etc), then they won’t be signing me up for premier. Just use my existing Isavy for TOP up.

Wow quite nonchalant kind of attitude vs Citi, really like two extreme. The different attitude could be caused by Low targets vs high targets.

The common Citi service is really sucked, the staff like ah beng and you have beg them to open account, it is really bad for such a big branding like Citi, hope Citigold is much better

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you are right. I transfered out my funds at beginning Aug leaving only $1000. Sometime middle of that month they suddenly upgrade me to priority and sent me a gift. Probably because I had high balance the last few mths. I received the SMS and letter too.

same here, maybe the head of .... need X customers, so at least s/he got the numbers of new priority customer to keep his jobs

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently I have been using SC esaver and HSBC for my savings. Curious how Maybank Isavvy works. Does it mean I can open an account and dump a sum of money without any condition and get 1.75% in Oct and Nov? Min 30k, max 3m?

It works pretty similar to sc esaver, you just need to go to a branch to open the account, it took me 30 minutes only.

malthead

Reaction score
It works pretty similar to sc esaver, you just need to go to a branch to open the account, it took me 30 minutes only.

i just applied online. Said needs one biz day to approve. Not sure if I should go down to the branch again tmrw. Any difference btw depositing with cheque or FAST?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybank interest promo for the last 2 months ended for me. Any new bank to get bonus interest from? SC needs 6 months lock in.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for 1.8% u might as well dump into nov ssb bond also 1.8% no minimum amount.

kaypohmeow

Reaction score
Just received a call from BEA. Their current fd promotion, fresh fund 1.95% for 12 mths, min 100k. This promo started a week ago, will close once quota is hit.

Do call them before you go down. Huat ah,2% coming! :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.