SIM diploma to Australia University?

jamesomnipotent

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi , anyone knows if SIM Diploma can be used to apply for UWA University Of Western Australia. According to an agent from https://www.studyabroad.sg/
, she told me that my SIM diploma can apply to one of the group of 8 Unis which is UWA. Then can also apply to a few others lower ranking unis such as Curtin, Macquarie, Newcastle, QUT, RMIT, UNISA, UTS , Wollongong

Also what category is SIM diploma under? Is it an advanced diploma or a private diploma coz it was a 1.5 years diploma

Cheers

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.5yrs cannot be advance dip. If so 3yrs dip is what?
Just apply it’s free thu IDP, if u get it great.
Iirc no exemptions

jamesomnipotent

Suspended
Reaction score
would a degree from University of Western Australia be better than getting one from the local unis hosted by SIM??

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would a degree from University of Western Australia be better than getting one from the local unis hosted by SIM??

It's all perspective to be honest. I think they have an edge against DL degrees in government jobs. But other than that, there isnt as much difference as you'd think.

Posted from PCWX using GAGT using hardwarezone app

jamesomnipotent

Suspended
Reaction score
right now i have to decide whether to go aus UWA or go to SIM-Wollongong .. Will be studying computer science.. SIM 2.5 years + its cheaper while UWA is 3 years but its more reputable... so right now i really really cannot decide if it will actually be better for me in the future to find jobs in singapore as i am actually not local... Also i have been studying here in Singapore for almost 14 years and i love this place... really really dont want to leave my gf as well..... Someone with experience pls advice.... I am from Thailand

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
right now i have to decide whether to go aus UWA or go to SIM-Wollongong .. Will be studying computer science.. SIM 2.5 years + its cheaper while UWA is 3 years but its more reputable... so right now i really really cannot decide if it will actually be better for me in the future to find jobs in singapore as i am actually not local... Also i have been studying here in Singapore for almost 14 years and i love this place... really really dont want to leave my gf as well..... Someone with experience pls advice.... I am from Thailand

if u want to stay in SG and do not wish to relocate to OZ base on above reasons. just stay with SIM.
not local and have been in SG for 14yrs I assume U are PR.

computer sci - it really about how they quiz u. if U are learning and can clear interview that matter the most. U hope spending more at UWA provides better training than SIM. usually better uni helps with 2 things not just reputation.
1st - competitive environment
2nd - harder coursework

then again going to UWA may open more doors, alumni may help. if U step into an interview with your hiring manager has certain bias towards NUS/NTU/UofMelb then U very much SOL. getting the 1st job may depend on such factor.

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Patryn33 is a mod at brightsparks btw. So his advice is definitely sound... in light of the fact you are not local, i really dont think it makes much of a diff in terms of job prospects. But i agree with patryn in a sense that UWA sounds better, and a non DL degree may be slightly more rigorous. That being said, staying back because of a relationship is NOT a smart move.
UWA is better in terms of ranking. If money is not and issue, and if you're willing to put in the work, go to australia.

Posted from PCWX using GAGT using hardwarezone app

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Hi , anyone knows if SIM Diploma can be used to apply for UWA University Of Western Australia. According to an agent fromhttps://www.studyabroad.sg/
, she told me that my SIM diploma can apply to one of the group of 8 Unis which is UWA. Then can also apply to a few others lower ranking unis such as Curtin, Macquarie, Newcastle, QUT, RMIT, UNISA, UTS , Wollongong

Also what category is SIM diploma under? Is it an advanced diploma or a private diploma coz it was a 1.5 years diploma

Cheers

*reeddited* misread

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.