Secure your Router - DIR-868L

unbiased

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool but does your phone jump to the faster 5 GHz automatically after being on 2.4 GHz when you move nearer to the router?
Not sure, but i pressume so. Anyway, all those are my assumptions with no concrete evidence of who it is connected to. But i do know that my MBP 15 2017 stays connected to 2.4 even though i sit infront of my router after coming out from the room.

If i keep them separate the MBP will always be connected to the 5

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but i pressume so. Anyway, all those are my assumptions with no concrete evidence of who it is connected to. But i do know that my MBP 15 2017 stays connected to 2.4 even though i sit infront of my router after coming out from the room.

I guess to have a concrete evidence would be to do a speed test. Since the wifi speeds at 2.4 GHz are significantly lower than 5 GHz. In that way you'll know for sure :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no, it won't change.

unbiased

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess to have a concrete evidence would be to do a speed test. Since the wifi speeds at 2.4 GHz are significantly lower than 5 GHz. In that way you'll know for sure :)

Haha , not my on iPhone. But on my Mac can see which network is it connected to: ether 802ac or 802n. I configured my 5ghz to be ac only. So it didnt change lol

aimnfire

Reaction score
anyone manage to get their schedule working.

i tried adding 2 schedule
1 block certain mac address from 12pm to 6pm
2 block certain mac address from 8pm to 5am

no matter what its either wont block or when block it wont unblock

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone manage to get their schedule working.

i tried adding 2 schedule
1 block certain mac address from 12pm to 6pm
2 block certain mac address from 8pm to 5am

no matter what its either wont block or when block it wont unblock

Mac address filtering works fine on my router firmware version 1.09. Be sure to tick the check box next to the mac address devices as well as select the new schedule that you created then scroll down and save settings.

Last edited:

aimnfire

Reaction score
Mac address filtering works fine on my router firmware version 1.09. Be sure to tick the check box next to the mac address devices as well as select the new schedule that you created then scroll down and save settings.

hi so u use network filter or access control page?

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
hi so u use network filter or access control page?

NlLx7hI.png

aimnfire

Reaction score
bloody hell,

i dont know whats wrong

even after mac address of the phone is totally block, kids outsmart me by watching youtube via phone browser. facebook, snapchat and instagram also works. other than that it is blocking everything. the only thing i recall i change is ip6v.

chris30j

Reaction score
new firmware version 1.22

There seems to be a new firmware version 1.22, from d-link's singapore support website, which states for MY market. Will there be any issue if SG users want to use this latest firmware from d-link?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a new firmware version 1.22, from d-link's singapore support website, which states for MY market. Will there be any issue if SG users want to use this latest firmware from d-link?

Seem there is someone mentioned it in post #474.

Should not be of any issue as there do have users using 'others' firmware for some routers.

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Just do it.
You worry too much.

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not issues. Tried it. Just the password is on your router. Not admin anymore.

Nightgyr

Reaction score
hey folks, had this router since 2016. In recent weeks, wired connection and wifi starting to act up. Keeps rebooting on its own and whatnot.

I decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.21 and now it seems to have gotten worst. Is this a hardware issue or settings issue? (almost everything is at default settings).

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.