Iphone XR

fateless

Reaction score
Didn’t see any thread on this. Pre order started.

Anyone buying, which Color and why u buy XR over XS?

I thinking of red. Prefer XR mainly due to cost. Not worth to pay $400-500 easily for a Xs

ckh98258

Reaction score
XS & XR actually pretty identical and same as you don't find it a need to pay few hundreds extra for XS. Most impt it run the same chip as XS, having the same main rear lens and be it LCD or OLED doesn't bother me much.

Going for White! :s12:

Morugana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The poor specs doesn’t justify the purchase.

Either get you have the budget to buy XSmax or just totally skip XR

squarepipe

Reaction score
The XR is in a weird position. If you are deep into the apple ecosystem and want to upgrade from a older iPhone then the XR makes sense.

However If you are cross shopping it with an android phone, the value proposition of the XR flies out out of the water. Even a $200+ android phone will have a 1080p screen and apple is dumb to put a 720p screen on a phone in 2018.

I guess potential XR buyers just want the apple logo but cant afford or justify the more expensive iPhone models

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The XR is in a weird position. If you are deep into the apple ecosystem and want to upgrade from a older iPhone then the XR makes sense.

However If you are cross shopping it with an android phone, the value proposition of the XR flies out out of the water. Even a $200+ android phone will have a 1080p screen and apple is dumb to put a 720p screen on a phone in 2018.

I guess potential XR buyers just want the apple logo but cant afford or justify the more expensive iPhone models
well. that will be the problem if you are not into the ecosystem.

if you are deep in the ecosystem, you will probably not even consider an Android phone to begin with.

squarepipe

Reaction score
well. that will be the problem if you are not into the ecosystem.

if you are deep in the ecosystem, you will probably not even consider an Android phone to begin with.

I am deep into the google ecosystem.. with google home, chromecast etc. I would not function with an iPhone :s13:

At least the grass seems greener on android side

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score

squarepipe

Reaction score

Can but it not as integrated.

Also I am too used to having root access on my phone for stuff like adaway ( system wide adblocker) camera2 API for RAW photos and all the other small usability things like split screen, auto connect to VPN when on public wifi, and turn off my phone at night automatically etc

bbbbbw

Reaction score
I did consider XR but it’s bigger than XS and I could recontract last month.
So I chose XS.
I wonder how much Singtel will sell XR with plan though

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can but it not as integrated.

Also I am too used to having root access on my phone for stuff like adaway ( system wide adblocker) camera2 API for RAW photos and all the other small usability things like split screen, auto connect to VPN when on public wifi, and turn off my phone at night automatically etc
nice.

good to see someone using Android for what it is meant for. :o

squarepipe

Reaction score
nice.

good to see someone using Android for what it is meant for. :o

Now android too user friendly liao :s13:

Last time back in 2010-2013 most android users are still power users who install custom roms and tweak settings till the end of times.

I remember the time when MIUI isnt a software on xiaomi phones but a custom rom. My friend even used MIUI ROM on his LG optimus 2X back in 2012.

Ahh that was the "good old days" :s22:

aztarc

Reaction score
I am an absolute lover of Iphone Product Red phones from Iphone 7+ to Iphone 8+ then I thought please XS Max come out with Product Red as well...but alas they came out XR...

Now I have XS Max and still looking at the beautiful red glass on the XR every single day.

I try to find slim phone cases which have red glass for XS Max but cannot "replicate" the real thing.

I think I will have to sell off my XS Max to order the Red XR.

First world problems

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m using an 8 now and I’m quite interested in XR. Not sure if to jump the gun or wait for reviews. The most enticing factor is the 1.5 hours longer batter life than the 8+. If it’s true then wow, it’s gonna be a good purchase.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I’m using an 8 now and I’m quite interested in XR. Not sure if to jump the gun or wait for reviews. The most enticing factor is the 1.5 hours longer batter life than the 8+. If it’s true then wow, it’s gonna be a good purchase.
think the battery should last longer than Plus because of the lower resolution.

rvyne7

Reaction score

not sure with others but 720p is actually non issue for me with that size its hardly noticeable, I haven't personally tried it yet but if UI is actually comparable with X (my current phone) then since I'm not really pretty much into OLED or camera i'll probably just on this next year too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.