Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

ahkiat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we bring our own GPS device such as Marbella GPS?
Is the cig lighter point available for use for the GPS power?

I am renting from Avis.

tkdguru

Master Member
Reaction score

I am renting from Avis.

Any car should have 12v for the lighter port. I brought my usb charger to plug in the car.

mister.

Reaction score
if this deal is worth it ?

photo.php

Hi can i check if this deal is worth it ?
for 5days 4n in perth.

mister.

Reaction score
Hi can i check if this deal is worth it ?
for 5days 4n in perth.[/QUOTE]

Amount To Be Paid At Time Of Rent
186.76 AUD

Your Vehicle
SUV Compact Group G CFAR
Nissan Qashqai or similar
Payment Method
Pay Later
Discounts
CDP Name : AU ON SALE 15
CDP Rate : Your rate has been discounted by 15 %
Promotional Coupon; : 204661
will be applied at time of rental
Rate Details
4 days at 25.71 AUD 102.84 AUD
Included
Unlimited Kilometers Included
Fees and Surcharges
Total Sales Tax 16.98 AUD
Location Fee 35.33 AUD
Vehicle registration recovery 28.00 AUD
Admin Recovery 3.60 AUD
Amount to be paid at time of rent 186.76 AUD

deek

Reaction score
I booked a SUV for 8 days at 250AUD from Avis and collect drop off all at airport.Got tripcover to cover the high excess. No deposit needed as I was using Amex and Avis preferred.
Anybody knows how to enroll for Budget's Fastbreak programme? It is something like Avis Preferred...

iphone88

Reaction score

I am renting from Avis.

Make sure your GPS has australia map. My garmin only has Malaysia and Sg Map.

Cheapest way is use Waze and google Map. Just buy at sim card at the airport.
Cost you about AUD10.

iphone88

Reaction score
Any budget car rental company to recommend?
Prefer those company with zero/cheap excess. I cannot book Bayswater because my arrival time is Sat 6pm. The office is closed.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure your GPS has australia map. My garmin only has Malaysia and Sg Map.

Cheapest way is use Waze and google Map. Just buy at sim card at the airport.
Cost you about AUD10.

+1 to Google map. To play safe just pre-save on Google mapsthe parts of Perth you are going.... in case run out of data or no reception

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renting from bays water, should I go for $0 excess (higher rental fees), or let excess remain at $2000 but use travel insurance to cover rental excess in case of accidents?

I scared travel insurance very hard to claim

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renting from bays water, should I go for $0 excess (higher rental fees), or let excess remain at $2000 but use travel insurance to cover rental excess in case of accidents?

I scared travel insurance very hard to claim

Travel insurance will cover your own medical but not liability so you will have to fork out the excess if you get into an accident.

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score
Travel insurance will cover your own medical but not liability so you will have to fork out the excess if you get into an accident.

There are travel insurance that covers car rental excess. Though typically just a few hundred dollars.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are travel insurance that covers car rental excess. Though typically just a few hundred dollars.

Yup... my travel insurance covers car rental excess to $2000... but not sure if should pay $100 more to bayswater just in case....

origino3

Reaction score
Yup... my travel insurance covers car rental excess to $2000... but not sure if should pay $100 more to bayswater just in case....

can i know which insurer you purchased from?

Paying $100 more to bayswater to cover will make it administratively easier for you. dont have to submit claim and wait for them review blah blah. plus the car rental company would deduct from your cc hence it may be sometime before you get reimbursed back.. personal preference ba..

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i know which insurer you purchased from?

Paying $100 more to bayswater to cover will make it administratively easier for you. dont have to submit claim and wait for them review blah blah. plus the car rental company would deduct from your cc hence it may be sometime before you get reimbursed back.. personal preference ba..
94_C80_ACE_7_A7_C_43_F1_890_D_0_FC9_BEC43333.jpg

It’s complimentary insurance from credit card - hsbc visa infinite

Yes you are absolutely right, a lot of paperworks if anything were to happen, and uncertainty in claiming. I had a bad experience renting from hertz so I want to be more careful on this.

$100 to reduce risk of $2000

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
94_C80_ACE_7_A7_C_43_F1_890_D_0_FC9_BEC43333.jpg

It’s complimentary insurance from credit card - hsbc visa infinite

Yes you are absolutely right, a lot of paperworks if anything were to happen, and uncertainty in claiming. I had a bad experience renting from hertz so I want to be more careful on this.

$100 to reduce risk of $2000

Okay i though it may be good to share this.

I got into an accident - injured a kangaroo and my rental car. Rented from Bayswater and DID NOT take up additional insurance to reduce excess from AUD2000 to zero.

Okay Bayswater quite professional - they gave me paper copies and pdf copies of the rental agreement and invoice, and told me they will do their best to entertain insurance coy queries. I went back to HSBC who gave me a policy number for the complimentary insurance. I filed a claim through AXA online portal with all the necessary docs, and within 3 working days AXA emailed me saying that the claim has been approved and will be credited in the next 7 days.

Excess - SGD2013 (credit card charged AUD2000)
AXA reimbursement - SGD1957 (based on AXA’s conversation rate)
Credit card rebate on excess charge - SGD60
——
Net gain: SGD4 (funny i got into accident and still gain $4)

You lugi on the currency conversion. But with a good credit card rebate, you recover the forex losses.

Learning point 1: always get yourself covered as much as possible. Dont let accidents spoil your holiday
Learning point 2: both bayswater and axa are companies who are professional and deliver as contractually promised
Learning point 3 : get a credit card with good rebates. The card i used eventually gave me better-than-money-changer rates after factoring rebates. I spent much more on card than cash while in perth

Last edited:

casualtraveller

Reaction score
Okay i though it may be good to share this.

I got into an accident - injured a kangaroo and my rental car. Rented from Bayswater and DID NOT take up additional insurance to reduce excess from AUD2000 to zero.

Okay Bayswater quite professional - they gave me paper copies and pdf copies of the rental agreement and invoice, and told me they will do their best to entertain insurance coy queries. I went back to HSBC who gave me a policy number for the complimentary insurance. I filed a claim through AXA online portal with all the necessary docs, and within 3 working days AXA emailed me saying that the claim has been approved and will be credited in the next 7 days.

Excess - SGD2013 (credit card charged AUD2000)
AXA reimbursement - SGD1957 (based on AXA’s conversation rate)
Credit card rebate on excess charge - SGD60
——
Net gain: SGD4 (funny i got into accident and still gain $4)

You lugi on the currency conversion. But with a good credit card rebate, you recover the forex losses.

Learning point 1: always get yourself covered as much as possible. Dont let accidents spoil your holiday
Learning point 2: both bayswater and axa are companies who are professional and deliver as contractually promised
Learning point 3 : get a credit card with good rebates. The card i used eventually gave me better-than-money-changer rates after factoring rebates. I spent much more on card than cash while in perth

which credit card do you use?

apalah

Reaction score
Hi, we are renting a Toyota corrola sedan from Bayswater. Any idea if the car has usb port? And do we have to pay extra if we drive to Margaret River and Cape Leeuwin? Does bayswater accept singapore driving licence?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, we are renting a Toyota corrola sedan from Bayswater. Any idea if the car has usb port? And do we have to pay extra if we drive to Margaret River and Cape Leeuwin? Does bayswater accept singapore driving licence?

Most cars have usb now. What do you mean pay extra? It's not mileage based and no toll in WA..

Aust accepts SG license

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) usb port - not sure. Just buy the 12V adapter to charge your phone? Jusr afew dollars from ah beng accessories shop
2) i paid for unlimited mileage and that covers my drive to margaret river
3) singapore license okay

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.