November 2017 SBF

viccom87

Reaction score
My nephew was playing around with a trolley and crashed into an edge of my bomb shelter. The crash was soft but was enough to chip off my wall. This is really scary man..

Wonder will the new bto stay strong if we experience earthquake from Indonesia if their earthquake are strong..

LynR52

Reaction score
I open my doors today, oh my god, 4 room so small.. Then I am stunned like vegetable when I knock on the walls.. Sounds like partitions.. Inside hollow, now have to think where to drill my TV holder and wall mount racks.. Really face palm..

Congrats!! So excited to see everybody moving in soon and of cuz some moved in already. Im waiting for my HLE results now. My neck very long already waiting for key collections date.

Last edited:

viccom87

Reaction score
I found a defect which I need hdb to rectify, how should I go about it? My 7 days ends on this coming Tuesday..

zidmosby

Reaction score
I found a defect which I need hdb to rectify, how should I go about it? My 7 days ends on this coming Tuesday..

You submit before 7 days is fine. I asked my BSC; they say after 7 days also no issue but importantly is to be done before renovation starts.

Sticker1554

Reaction score
please share with us the window grille reviews after you had installed them. Thanks ya:)

I just installed the window grills I bought. Not hard to install, just need to turn a few screws with Alan key (all provided). However, the hook part need to customised to 6mm as our window grill frame quite thick. Need a bit of strength also but I female was able to install myself too. Total cost S$300 including shipping for living room and 3 bedroom. I tried pulling and pushing out and also hit with my palm. Can sustained with no problem. No dent etc.

123Agi

Reaction score
Congrats!! So excited to see everybody moving in soon and of cuz some moved in already. Im waiting for my HLE results now. My neck very long already waiting for key collections date.

Same same.. Waiting for key collection but so far no news 😨

zidmosby

Reaction score
Cement screeding carried out today for my unit. Here's my timeline:

- Appeal on 4 Sep
- Appeal approved on 6 Sep
- HDB contractor informed ready to start work on 24 Sep

I wanted to do last week but I had to do hacking first so delayed by one week. Top up needed $800 :)

lengish

Reaction score
Cement screeding carried out today for my unit. Here's my timeline:

- Appeal on 4 Sep
- Appeal approved on 6 Sep
- HDB contractor informed ready to start work on 24 Sep

I wanted to do last week but I had to do hacking first so delayed by one week. Top up needed $800 :)

Thank you for your reply!

As i just collected my keys and went to check with HDB branch office. I was told that West Rock - Bukit Batok, they are not providing screeding! OMG.

Any help on how to write appeal letter?

zidmosby

Reaction score

As i just collected my keys and went to check with HDB branch office. I was told that West Rock - Bukit Batok, they are not providing screeding! OMG.

HDB officially did stop cement screeding in 2014. What I heard from hdb approved contractors was that it is still carried out based on demand.

So for example, if the particular project has more than 30-40 new tenants scheduled to move in, HDB will carry out the free cement screeding. If you’re the last few person to move in to the building, then they will reject you.

I’m not sure if your project is completed yet since West Rock was only launched in 2015. But the other “rule” to take note of is that buildings built before October 2014 will more favorable in the appeal. My project was just nice launched in July 2014 and I’m quite sure this played a major part in why I managed to get the free cement screeding.

There is no appeal letter to write. When you collect your keys, just ask the hdb officer if your estate is still eligible or not. If not, bundle it with your flooring vendor. It should. Cost around $2000 for 4 room.

Celery02

Reaction score

Seeing MP will help?
Let us know on your outcome.

lengish

Reaction score
I had already checked with HDB liao and seems like they are not going to assist. Their reply as follow:-

'We empathise with your situation but we are unable to accede to your request for the smooth floor rendering as HDB had announced that we had ceased the provision of goodwill smooth floor rendering (SFR) service for all new flats with effect from 1 Oct 2014 and also contracts which Sales Launch from Sep 2014 BTO. Flats in West Rock Precinct do not qualify for smooth floor rendering.

As you have booked the flat on Nov 2017, which is after the date of announcement, hence we are unable to provide smooth floor rendering to your flat. The flat owners in West Rock precinct will not qualify for smooth floor rendering to their flats.

Therefore, owners would require to engage their own renovation contractors if they intend to carry out smooth floor rendering on the floor or lay floor finishes.'

I think see MP also will not help anymore because HDB putting a stop to it. West Rock happen to be after 2015 BTO some more.

At the same time, can i check if the renovation cost below is expensive?

Cement screening $2300
Vinyl flooring $4750
Shower kerb and kitchen base $600
Plumbing $500

Carpentry include the following @ total $10K
Kitchen cabinet
Wardrobe (Master Bedroom and 2 Common Room)
Platform

Total at $18,150.

Thank you!

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Yo YO how is everyone here.. been MIA for quite sometimes... everyone should got their keys and midst of reno-ing now?? :D

zidmosby

Reaction score
I had already checked with HDB liao and seems like they are not going to assist. Their reply as follow:-

'We empathise with your situation but we are unable to accede to your request for the smooth floor rendering as HDB had announced that we had ceased the provision of goodwill smooth floor rendering (SFR) service for all new flats with effect from 1 Oct 2014 and also contracts which Sales Launch from Sep 2014 BTO. Flats in West Rock Precinct do not qualify for smooth floor rendering.

As you have booked the flat on Nov 2017, which is after the date of announcement, hence we are unable to provide smooth floor rendering to your flat. The flat owners in West Rock precinct will not qualify for smooth floor rendering to their flats.

Therefore, owners would require to engage their own renovation contractors if they intend to carry out smooth floor rendering on the floor or lay floor finishes.'

I think see MP also will not help anymore because HDB putting a stop to it. West Rock happen to be after 2015 BTO some more.

At the same time, can i check if the renovation cost below is expensive?

Cement screening $2300
Vinyl flooring $4750
Shower kerb and kitchen base $600
Plumbing $500

Carpentry include the following @ total $10K
Kitchen cabinet
Wardrobe (Master Bedroom and 2 Common Room)
Platform

Total at $18,150.

Thank you!

I think your vinyl is quite expensive personally. But it depends if you overlay the whole house or this is only for bedroom+walkway. I got mine for $2800, Swiss brand.

Cement screeding between $2000-$2500 though after intensive search, I manage to find one who quoted $1850 (while waiting for HDB appeal outcome).

I think the rest all more or less standard price. Carpentry will cost a bomb but it's always good to shop around. If your requirements are more or less fixed, send the same list to different IDs to get a better comparison.

Be sure to remember these are excluding lighting installation and expect around $1000-$2000 more on top of what has been quoted.

semblady123

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get fridge/ washing machine/ oven/ heater / sofa all under one roof?
Best card to use to buy furniture with good rebates? Thanks ..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.