Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance. Whos Mikey Chen?

A youtuber who goes around the world finding good food. His youtube channel is strictly dumplings. He is quite popular among food enthusiasts, along with the food ranger and mark wiens.

I also had placed Tsuta 1* ramen at Sugamo station on my list, gonna wake up at 7am to get a queue ticket.

He had also reviewed the place u wanna go. At 12.41 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X43PtCCdg_A&t=347s

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put nagasaki because its in the prefecture

any idea which day to free up?

or should i jus shift/drop the Yanagawa - River tour? to other day? D4, D7 or D11 ?

ya i nv been to hiroshima b4

personal prefer ba. see which places u want to prioritise.

for me, i not really into shopping, so i will probably drop Marinoa City since it is just an outlet mall. Canal city is just a mall also, so maybe can put it in one of the nights.

yanagawa river cruise was so-so for me only, but tt is because i cant understand japanese. the commentary, jokes, songs are all in japanese and i cant understand a thing. so it is just a boat ride thru the canals for me.
if u are planning to go yanagawa, u may want to consider getting their day pass which include the river cruise and train from fukuoka city. it also covers dazaifu.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Hi all, i will be going to tokyo in Nov for the first time with my husband and 3yo daughter, 7D6N and planned my itinerary as below. Please advice if my itinerary is feasible.

Arrive at Haneda at 6:20am
Day1: Harajuku & Shibuya (Mega Don Quijote, Crossing, Hachiko Statue)
Day2: Shibuya (Brunch) & Disneyland
Day 3: Ueno & Ginza & Shibuya (109 & Mark City)
Day 4: Sanrio Puroland & Shinjuku
Day 5: Asakusa
Day 6: Akhihabara & Tokyo station
Day 7 Depart at 4.40pm

TIA!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i will be going to tokyo in Nov for the first time with my husband and 3yo daughter, 7D6N and planned my itinerary as below. Please advice if my itinerary is feasible.

Day 7 Depart at 4.40pm

TIA!

first 3 days all got shibuya?

disneyland i suggest u enter as early as u can. coz it will be crowded, and u will need the whole day for it.

maybe can group ueno with asakusa, since they are near each other. ginza can be done with tokyo station also.

seems like a lot of shopping overall, will it be boring for the kid? maybe consider going odaiba for legoland discovery centre, and ferris wheel?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any decent wagyu beef buffet to recommend? Saw Mikey Chen ate at Musashi, seems nice at 6200 yen.

Pardon my ignorance. Whos Mikey Chen?

I enjoy his videos but his trip to Japan is like most of us who have been there for the first time. Everything is excellent lol.

If you have been to Japan several times and if you have the budget, AHSS review is more accurate :D

scorpio1991

Reaction score
first 3 days all got shibuya?

disneyland i suggest u enter as early as u can. coz it will be crowded, and u will need the whole day for it.

maybe can group ueno with asakusa, since they are near each other. ginza can be done with tokyo station also.

seems like a lot of shopping overall, will it be boring for the kid? maybe consider going odaiba for legoland discovery centre, and ferris wheel?

Hi, sorry forget to mention that we will be staying at shibuya, 2nd day just brunch in shibuya and head to disney. For disney, i was thinking to head over at 1pm as we wont be taking much rides? Will definitely stay for fireworks though.

Initally i included legoland in the itinerary, after i rearrange my itinerary not sure where to slot in. Can you advice?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I enjoy his videos but his trip to Japan is like most of us who have been there for the first time. Everything is excellent lol.

If you have been to Japan several times and if you have the budget, AHSS review is more accurate :D

AHSS offerings are too atas le... lol.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry forget to mention that we will be staying at shibuya, 2nd day just brunch in shibuya and head to disney. For disney, i was thinking to head over at 1pm as we wont be taking much rides? Will definitely stay for fireworks though.

Initally i included legoland in the itinerary, after i rearrange my itinerary not sure where to slot in. Can you advice?

if u put asakusa with ueno, ur can free up day 5. even if dun shift, asakusa probably wun take up the whole day, so u still can visit odaiba after asakusa.

ueno zoo is another place u can consider. my colleague brought her kids there and they enjoyed it. i myself have not been to the zoo though

can always play by ear and decide where to go when u are there.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you have been to Disney and know what rides to take and the queuing times, then I guess it's fine to head there after lunch. If not, it would be a waste as the ticket itself will cost the same unless you intend to go after 4-5pm when they discount further.

Another thing to take note is that the sun might set at around 5ish in Nov and when it gets dark, it would be harder to navigate if you are not familiar with the place, not to mention missed photo opportunities.

korosensei

Reaction score

Day 7 Depart at 4.40pm

TIA!

some comments:

I would group
1. asakusa with ueno
2. Ginza with Tokyo station

Akiba can be group with either 1 or 2
Disneyland please avoid holidays on long weekends, esp nov 23. if you want to take rides then please go there early in the morning, or else by noon, most of the best rides fast passes are gone. There are parades in the morning and afternoons, and of course night parades and the castle show. The fireworks might be cancelled in wind is too strong, but I find the fireworks quite boring.

Do you calculations, but I find the metro subway pass is worth it, esp the 72 hours one.

you are going in nov, so it should be autumn season. please go to a couple of parks for beautiful autumn leaves scenery.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Oh! Didn’t know the sunset so early! Ok, then I’ve got to go early, first time to Disney! Thanks for your advise!

If you have been to Disney and know what rides to take and the queuing times, then I guess it's fine to head there after lunch. If not, it would be a waste as the ticket itself will cost the same unless you intend to go after 4-5pm when they discount further.

Another thing to take note is that the sun might set at around 5ish in Nov and when it gets dark, it would be harder to navigate if you are not familiar with the place, not to mention missed photo opportunities.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Hi! If it’s feasible I don’t mind to group akihabara, first time going so not sure if it will be too rush.

For Disney we will be going on a Wednesday, so I Guess it’s ok? Will head there early, didn’t know the sunset early in Tokyo, haha!

We will be going Shinjuku gyoen to see autumn leave too.

Thanks for your advise!

some comments:

I would group
1. asakusa with ueno
2. Ginza with Tokyo station

Akiba can be group with either 1 or 2
Disneyland please avoid holidays on long weekends, esp nov 23. if you want to take rides then please go there early in the morning, or else by noon, most of the best rides fast passes are gone. There are parades in the morning and afternoons, and of course night parades and the castle show. The fireworks might be cancelled in wind is too strong, but I find the fireworks quite boring.

Do you calculations, but I find the metro subway pass is worth it, esp the 72 hours one.

you are going in nov, so it should be autumn season. please go to a couple of parks for beautiful autumn leaves scenery.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! If it’s feasible I don’t mind to group akihabara, first time going so not sure if it will be too rush.

For Disney we will be going on a Wednesday, so I Guess it’s ok? Will head there early, didn’t know the sunset early in Tokyo, haha!

We will be going Shinjuku gyoen to see autumn leave too.

Thanks for your advise!

u can use this website to check the sunset timing:
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/japan/tokyo

iirc, the sunset time refers to the time when the sun crosses the horizon. so it will start getting dark before that.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personal prefer ba. see which places u want to prioritise.

for me, i not really into shopping, so i will probably drop Marinoa City since it is just an outlet mall. Canal city is just a mall also, so maybe can put it in one of the nights.

yanagawa river cruise was so-so for me only, but tt is because i cant understand japanese. the commentary, jokes, songs are all in japanese and i cant understand a thing. so it is just a boat ride thru the canals for me.
if u are planning to go yanagawa, u may want to consider getting their day pass which include the river cruise and train from fukuoka city. it also covers dazaifu.

oh like that ah. then i drop yanagawa and replace with Nagasaki city bah.
thx!

well becos i saw u had Marinoa City previously..
i will jus cover them bah. any idea about Fukuoka tower? noon or evening go better?

am not worry about the train.. i have JR passes. anyway dropping the yanagawa.

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been to the Ueno zoo with my kids. It's a small zoo but we loved it.

if u put asakusa with ueno, ur can free up day 5. even if dun shift, asakusa probably wun take up the whole day, so u still can visit odaiba after asakusa.

ueno zoo is another place u can consider. my colleague brought her kids there and they enjoyed it. i myself have not been to the zoo though

can always play by ear and decide where to go when u are there.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh like that ah. then i drop yanagawa and replace with Nagasaki city bah.
thx!

well becos i saw u had Marinoa City previously..
i will jus cover them bah. any idea about Fukuoka tower? noon or evening go better?

am not worry about the train.. i have JR passes. anyway dropping the yanagawa.
I prefer going tower in evening, to enjoy sunset and night view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.