Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received a call from BEA. Their current fd promotion, fresh fund 1.95% for 12 mths, min 100k. This promo started a week ago, will close once quota is hit.

Do call them before you go down. Huat ah,2% coming! :s12:

bea is what ? bank of east asia

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
Oct and Nov. Dec will be 1.9%.

Any amount (min. $20k) that is above June's ADB.

Ok I'm at Maybank now. The thing is the guy explain to me only 3months the high interest. Then minimum need 6months to close account. So next 3 months only get 0.30% . Nowhere the brochure said anything. I feel so confused coming down

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm at Maybank now. The thing is the guy explain to me only 3months the high interest. Then minimum need 6months to close account. So next 3 months only get 0.30% . Nowhere the brochure said anything. I feel so confused coming down

so far, they will always continue with new promotion. so expect after December they will have another promotion for January 2019 onwards.

anyway, you can just keep minimum $500 inside if they really stop promotion and transfer the rest out to elsewhere.

-EnZo-

Master Member
Reaction score
so far, they will always continue with new promotion. so expect after December they will have another promotion for January 2019 onwards.

anyway, you can just keep minimum $500 inside if they really stop promotion and transfer the rest out to elsewhere.
That's a good idea. No wonder he just keep pushing me 1.55% fd for 6months. Say higher then this. But I told him then what's the point of the promo.

Reaction score
Oct and Nov. Dec will be 1.9%.

Any amount (min. $20k) that is above June's ADB.

iSavvy starts to look interesting. Wondering if can rotate like esaver? and if fall below fee is strictly enforced. opening another account with min balance...

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are we supposed to receive any emails or what not after signing up for the CIMB FD online?

keemmeng

Reaction score
CIMB credit the interest a day after confirming the placement of the FD

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

keemmeng

Reaction score
I applied for why wait fixed dep. But didnt receive interest yet.
It has to be approved first. I received a call from the bank staff to confirm some details before confirming the placement. I then received the interest the following 1 to 2 days

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using GAGT

Lambee

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if ssb offers 1.8% for first year any reason why some people still going for FD?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.