Reaction score

Updates

1 Oct:

5 cameras
https://9to5google.com/2018/10/01/lg-v40-thinq-cameras-telephoto-wide-angle/

lg_v40_cameras.jpg

2 Oct

Cinegraph feature
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v40_thi...you_easily_create_cinemagraphs-news-33545.php

3 Oct

4 Oct LG Science Park Launch Event
https://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/lg_v40_thinq_0913/

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
12 MP with 1.4 microns pixels on primary cam at last. Took LG 2 years to deliver what Samsung did in 2016 with the S7 to achieve better low light performance. Better late than never I guess. Its already 2018, sensors with 1.12 micron need to stop being used for main cameras in flagships.

The F1.5 concerns me though. As a former Samsung S9 owner, having that shallow of a depth of field makes closeups really hard as there will literally only be a tiny part of the whole frame in focus. Like imagine if you want to shoot food photo and only the middle of the food is in focus.

Last edited:

undergrd

Reaction score
Seems like mixed initial feelings frm the reviewers but i love that LG finally up the ram...:s7:

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5 Oct:

ffwd to 4:00

it seems that Korea has the matt finishing behind for softer grip, different from USA version

chiaRH

Reaction score
so far general review patterns seem to be:

- battery is bad (capacity no improvement from V30, and the chip consume more power)

- the telephoto lens is bad, which honestly dont surprise me as a 1st attempt. When LG did wide angle for 1st time on the G5 it was underwhelming in quality too.

- the 4k 60fps has bad stabilisation

- the main camera oversaturates (not sure is it AI mode only or all the time)

- oversharpening still a problem with image processing (as a former G6 owner I can confirm this problem exists in LG)

- speaker still being mono is unfortunate. Boombox is useless if you watch content by holding the phone in your hand or put the phone on a stand rather than flat on table

- cinemagraph looks like one of those fun features that people will soon ignore, basically LG's equivalent of "AR Emoji"

for me personally the battery will be instant dealbreaker cos I'm one of those who bought the exynos S9 earlier this year and after 1 month, sold it off cos the battery was that bad.

Last edited:

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2018_10_05_at_10_59_26_AM.png

screenshot this via another video, it seems only some colours have matt finish... again unsure

chiaRH

Reaction score
screenshot this via another video, it seems only some colours have matt finish... again unsure

the black is gloss the rest are matte

you can tell by the 'sharpness' of the reflections on the surface

too bad no matte black like oneplus six

mie28

Reaction score
Still trying to find something that could fit what I need but I might still end up with V40. It's the same thing with the V20, alot of people were saying the DAC is wonderful but not the battery and camera. When I started using it, I realised the battery is really a drainer but the photos were the fun part of it and somehow still looked good for Instagram and Fb posts. Really hoping it comes no later than November and with a good deal unlike the fiasco with B&O earphones which ended up was an iOS model, and also hopefully LG returns with 1+1 or 2yrs straight off warranty. 🙏

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this korean blogger seems to have some advance support from LG to use and vlog about LG40

he has also put out english versions of his vids

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fwah the red!!! Hope it available in launch

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2S using GAGT

Rickosw

Reaction score
does anyone know if the DAC in V40 is exactly the same as DAC in V30 ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.