Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dungeonalley

Reaction score
hello, can i ask if the bus tickets to go shirakawa-go always run out very fast? I'm getting the Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass - so cannot make reservation online, have to either call or go over counter.

I will reach takayama on a wed, planning to go shirakawa-go on a thurs. You think if i go over counter on Wed afternoon, i can still get the ticket?

scorpio1991

Reaction score
I heard that in japan we have to eat quickly and make minimal noise. Is it true? My Daughter and I are both slow eater...

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan eating culture is more of like just eating at the restaurant and zao (no need to be fast unless got time limit) as compared to SG whereby we eat, stop, chit chat, eat, stop chit chat thus prolonging the period in restaurant.

I think being not too noisy is a form of respect for others in Japan?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard that in japan we have to eat quickly and make minimal noise. Is it true? My Daughter and I are both slow eater...

depends on the places. those standing ramen joints or small shops, then u dun linger after eating. no need to be fast, just dun sit and chit chat.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
I see, thanks!

Japan eating culture is more of like just eating at the restaurant and zao (no need to be fast unless got time limit) as compared to SG whereby we eat, stop, chit chat, eat, stop chit chat thus prolonging the period in restaurant.

I think being not too noisy is a form of respect for others in Japan?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note that some places might not accept kids as it is quite squeezy inside or atas place. lol.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh! Didn’t know the sunset so early! Ok, then I’ve got to go early, first time to Disney! Thanks for your advise!

If it's your first time, you should go earlier. No need to arrive before the park opens but try to be there at 10-11. Have your lunch earlier also as by 12 onwards, everywhere will be very packed. The trick is to go the opposite of what most people would be doing. During parades and shows is when ride queues are the best but if it's your first time, you wouldn't want to miss that also.

You can do shopping after dinner as this is when the weather gets quite cold and windy. Jumping frmo shops to shops can keep you warm.

Last edited:

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Thanks for your advise! Will wake up early for breakfast and head over.

If it's your first time, you should go earlier. No need to arrive before the park opens but try to be there at 10-11. Have your lunch earlier also as by 12 onwards, everywhere will be very packed. The trick is to go the opposite of what most people would be doing. During parades and shows is when ride queues are the best but if it's your first time, you wouldn't want to miss that also.

You can do shopping after dinner as this is when the weather gets quite cold and windy. Jumping frmo shops to shops can keep you warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.