Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

dolcesurreal

Reaction score
Just went to the Jurong East Branch with the plan to open a joint and a single account but was told that you need a min. 70k to open one now. Any amount that falls below will not be earning any interest at all. Anyone can confirm?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
got the call. say need to go branch to open na.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the agent which is assist to me (which i request online)
say min 10K to gain base interest.

Min 15k (sum up min - Of all your account under citibank), if not will had some bank charge..

Just went to the Jurong East Branch with the plan to open a joint and a single account but was told that you need a min. 70k to open one now. Any amount that falls below will not be earning any interest at all. Anyone can confirm?

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the agent which is assist to me (which i request online)
say min 10K to gain base interest.

Min 15k (sum up min - Of all your account under citibank), if not will had some bank charge..

ur agent very good.. nv try to scam unlike all the others' experience here

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

should just tell him u dont care if not earning any interest, just open the fuggin acc for u first and u see for urself whether got earn any interest

LexusIS

Reaction score

If their T&Cs online didn’t state it, lodge a complain. Seriously their mis-selling got to stop. Getting really out of hand.

I almost became a victim of this when they asked for $250k to open a joint account.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
opened at je with 15

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT

dolcesurreal

Reaction score
opened at je with 15

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT

When was this! They kept pushing me to open first and then I can follow through with the 70k funding within 3 months but when I asked her for a official statement she said this will officially come through in Nov 2018 for new and existing customers.

Supporter

Reaction score
i think they say all these to earn some sort of commission.

few mths back, i went woodlands ask to open account. one guy tell me need to bring 15k cash to open. so i withdraw and when i go back, the guy gone liao.

another guy attend to me and told me need to open credit card and account both. tho i suspect it is untrue, i proceed to open both the account and credit card. since the guy so polite and helpful, i let him earn some credit card opening comm lor.
but magically, after i sign all the forms, they tell me cannot open the account on that day because need to do some sort of background check thingy.

the credit card arrive very fast next week but my account still not open. so i send email complain.
when that guy call me later, still tell me the account will be ready in few days and ask me to activate the card. i tell the guy i no time to open my mail and refused to activate the card.

first time i encounter open bank account like need to beg the bank like that

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must we open a new account with 15K cash or cheque?

Can't we just open the account first then go back and do the FAST transfer from my other bank?

tankahkee

Reaction score
I did mine with cash.
You can also do with FAST according to the guy who served me.

Can't we just open the account first then go back and do the FAST transfer from my other bank?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did mine with cash.
You can also do with FAST according to the guy who served me.

which branch u went to ?

some earlier said if u wanted to FAST , instead of 70k deposit, they will tell u that u need to sign up for credit card then can FAST... lol no link at all :vijayadmin:

Urbanchap

Reaction score

Can't we just open the account first then go back do the FAST transfer from my other bank?

Yeah, that's what I did, opened with zero balance and go back home to FAST top-up on same day. No need CC or whatever. They mailed me the atm card soon after.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
70k is to join CitiPriority.
Min 10k to open. 15K to avoid bank charge.

So put 15K le but if ur account sum up total 15K thn is fine.

Ppl here so rich ☺☺******************

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.