Iphone XR

SaulSilver

Master Member
Reaction score
I’m using an iPhone 8.. not sure to get xr or xs.. I downgraded in the first place from iPhone 8 Plus to 8 was because of the size... worried that can’t get used to xr size... and also xr is cheaper. First world problems

qyc_91

Reaction score
i think those considering Xr should also look at 8 Plus. those 2 are the real competitors imo

Those who doesn't bother with the 2nd rear camera (well the quality is average unless in super well condition). should just go for XR

rvyne7

Reaction score
Should get the X. Don’t forget X has its sentimental value and it’s a anniversary phone. I’m keeping and using my X though, together with Apple Watch Series 3 cellular, using Singtel line, since M1 haven’t implement the e SIM on Apple Watch, can’t use it on my Xs Max

:p good thing I dont have this type of attitude or my room wil prolly look like a junk shop hehe.. normally I sell or given away my old stuff.. so others actually can still make use of em than keeping it and not using

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m using an iPhone 8.. not sure to get xr or xs.. I downgraded in the first place from iPhone 8 Plus to 8 was because of the size... worried that can’t get used to xr size... and also xr is cheaper. First world problems

Same here bro! Though my eyes are on Xr. See the reviews of the marketed battery life is true or not.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The XR is in a weird position. If you are deep into the apple ecosystem and want to upgrade from a older iPhone then the XR makes sense.

However If you are cross shopping it with an android phone, the value proposition of the XR flies out out of the water. Even a $200+ android phone will have a 1080p screen and apple is dumb to put a 720p screen on a phone in 2018.

I guess potential XR buyers just want the apple logo but cant afford or justify the more expensive iPhone models
Lower screen resolution means longer battery life. For some, it's a big deal

squarepipe

Reaction score
Lower screen resolution means longer battery life. For some, it's a big deal

Instead of cutting down the screen can't apple put in a bigger battery?

I have a xiaomi redmi note pro 3 that has a 4050Mah battery and a 1080p screen and Its battery can last 2 days.

Its almost too obvious apple is trying hard to differentiate the XR and the more expensive models. They went so far to the point of finding a 720p screen to put into the XR to prevent it from cannibalising the XS(max) sales.

You can't find a 720p screen in any new phone sold today. Maybe in the bargain bin $100ish phone department.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Instead of cutting down the screen can't apple put in a bigger battery?

I have a xiaomi redmi note pro 3 that has a 4050Mah battery and a 1080p screen and Its battery can last 2 days.

Its almost too obvious apple is trying hard to differentiate the XR and the more expensive models. They went so far to the point of finding a 720p screen to put into the XR to prevent it from cannibalising the XS(max) sales.

You can't find a 720p screen in any new phone sold today. Maybe in the bargain bin $100ish phone department.
it has the same ppi as iphone 8 which already looks crispy. not to forget, it has the same processor as XS as opposed to other brands use lower tier processors

Last edited:

FatBomb

Reaction score
People like us who browse forums and scrutinise the specs are actually the minority.

At the end of the day, the general consumer will see it in a store and choose to buy it without a second glance at the specs.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This XR will be here to stay for a long run.

This year you won't see many differences to the internals but from next year onwards, it will be A13 on the new iPhone X series and A12 on the XR.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This XR will be here to stay for a long run.

This year you won't see many differences to the internals but from next year onwards, it will be A13 on the new iPhone X series and A12 on the XR.
You know a lot of insider news

obichacha

Reaction score
Lol feel like wanna get this from HK.
Cheaper a bit , but come with dual Sim slot.

behling

Reaction score
This guy is right. I bought 4 sets of XS max for my folks myself and sis. Other then myself none of my family members even know what the specs are. If u tell my folks there is a A12 bionic supersonic ultrasonic titanic 7mn CPU, they won’t even know what’s the difference.

True story here, my family all came from iPhone6+ to xs max. my sister wanted to use her headphones. She couldn’t find the port to plug it in, she actually removed the phone from her casing just because she thought the casing was blocking the port. My mother because of poor eyesight has increase the font size under accessibility to gigantic size so her text msgs on WhatsApp can be view 1km away, so a 4K resolution to display more text for reading without scroll doesn’t matter to her. They all however note that the photos taken and displayed on the xs max look distinctly better then the iPhone 6.

So to the folks out there deciding between the XS or XR, do yourself a favor like the guy and get a iPhone X. Then u solve 2 problems

1) the price
2) the specs

U get an OLED with high resolution and it still cost less then a XR.

Real world A11 and A12 has no difference.

People like us who browse forums and scrutinise the specs are actually the minority.

At the end of the day, the general consumer will see it in a store and choose to buy it without a second glance at the specs.

Last edited:

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Best description ever....

This guy is right. I bought 4 sets of XS max for my folks myself and sis. Other then myself none of my family members even know what the specs are. If u tell my folks there is a A12 bionic supersonic ultrasonic titanic 7mn CPU, they won’t even know what’s the difference.

True story here, my family all came from iPhone6+ to xs max. my sister wanted to use her headphones. She couldn’t find the port to plug it in, she actually removed the phone from her casing just because she thought the casing was blocking the port. My mother because of poor eyesight has increase the font size under accessibility to gigantic size so her text msgs on WhatsApp can be view 1km away, so a 4K resolution to display more text for reading without scroll doesn’t matter to her. They all however note that the photos taken and displayed on the xs max look distinctly better then the iPhone 6.

So to the folks out there deciding between the XS or XR, do yourself a favor like the guy and get a iPhone X. Then u solve 2 problems

1) the price
2) the specs

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) the price
2) the specs

It's like some folks who beemers but hog the right lane

Sent from BlackBerry BBB100-1 using GAGT

SaulSilver

Master Member
Reaction score
Should I get xs or wait for xr? Can I go Apple store now and purchase the xs first.. try it out.. if on the 19 the xr launches, if I prefer the xr can I exchange? Since within 14 days

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Should I get xs or wait for xr? Can I go Apple store now and purchase the xs first.. try it out.. if on the 19 the xr launches, if I prefer the xr can I exchange? Since within 14 days

I came from iphone 7 to xs
Thought about the XR but time to recontract and XR is bigger than xs so bought xs

XR is cheaper than xs so even if in the event can exchange I don’t know if they will refund the difference

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.