Ubiquiti - Setting Up Home Network

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am interested to try Ubiquiti but not sure how to start.

Planning to upgrade network for a 2 storey home for better wifi coverage. Currently using 2x asus rt-n56u... one as access point configuration... the house currently have CAT cables going up and down at different ends too.

Can anyone suggest a cost effective setup? Or should I just reuse my router and get some Ubiquiti AP only? The backbone switch is a basic Dlink 16-24 ports gigabit switch.
Hope to upgrade some ports to POE to support AP...

clyp1973

Reaction score
Where to buy ? Search Challenger and best denki , all without distribution

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Where to buy ? Search Challenger and best denki , all without distribution

Either sim lim square or on Lazada.

You won't get those small/medium business equipment at consumer electronics shops

Last edited:

-Grift-

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am interested to try Ubiquiti but not sure how to start.

Planning to upgrade network for a 2 storey home for better wifi coverage. Currently using 2x asus rt-n56u... one as access point configuration... the house currently have CAT cables going up and down at different ends too.

Can anyone suggest a cost effective setup? Or should I just reuse my router and get some Ubiquiti AP only? The backbone switch is a basic Dlink 16-24 ports gigabit switch.
Hope to upgrade some ports to POE to support AP...

Can reuse n56u if the processing speed is enough as it can handle WAN-LAN 1000mbps no issue.
Don’t need to die die power the APs with POE switch can just reuse that and purchase POE injectors as well.

deathblade82

Reaction score
Can reuse n56u if the processing speed is enough as it can handle WAN-LAN 1000mbps no issue.
Don’t need to die die power the APs with POE switch can just reuse that and purchase POE injectors as well.

The pity is that N56U runs very out-dated firmware.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I spent 1 hour at sim Lim square.. nobody selling
I remember bizgram selling.

2hgu7lt.jpg

can try this site
https://www.simlim.sg/d/?q=unifi

Last edited:

hk7310

Reaction score
if I remember correctly, fuwell, video-pro, TechDeals Pte Ltd and Media-pro, they sell Ubiquiti as well.

hk7310

Reaction score
Perhaps you may like to enquire from Netpro at Carousell, they do carry some.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded to the 5.9.29 controller? the new UI looks nice.
Have been on the 5.9.x branch for awhile, UI colour scheme changed but still pretty much the same with unexplained informations on the dashboard :s13:

mrkiasu

Reaction score
No legal amplify in Singapore. Too much paperwork to do to get it legal in Singapore.

If you want UK power plug Amplify, buy online at https://www.senetic.co.uk/ (EU power head) maybe Australia webstore or US amazon. it will be in EU power head or AU power head or US power head.

But do note that its 11ac 1750 and no VLAN yet (no singtel). The wifi is very powerful but only if you really need the wifi power.

The setup is very easy.

I went all, they do sell ubiquity but not amplify

Last edited:

Beaver63

Reaction score
Any idea if it is possible to integrate the USG into a mesh wifi network like the Google Home?

Will it defeat the purpose of the mesh or stick to using USG with unifi Ap?

Thanks you

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Any idea if it is possible to integrate the USG into a mesh wifi network like the Google Home?

Will it defeat the purpose of the mesh or stick to using USG with unifi Ap?

Thanks you

Why do you need the usg when Google WiFi has routing functions built in. If your idea for using Google WiFi is to have wireless mesh, then the ubiquiti APs does have a wireless repeater/mesh function built in. You just have to have 1 AP wired into your switch and the rest can be wirelessly connected to the main AP.

qinglong70

Reaction score
Anyone have AmpliFi HD Mesh Router set up? The router is so appealing. Just checking if it is able to replace my current singtel gigabit router ac plus.

Anyone set up successfully with singtel tv?

terminater

Reaction score
Hi guys, my hdb is about 1500sqft anyone have experience if I should have one or two APs? Anyone house similar size and how many APs u r using? thanks! =) I can mount centrally on the ceiling and looking for good 5GHZ coverage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.