PC setup for FEA simulation

Silver Knox

Reaction score
Hi All,
I need to set up a PC for doing FEA/CFD simulations using Ansys or Comsol. I am just starting out for doing some research so I don't need extremely heavy duty specs but something that can do fairly well simulations even if its slightly time consuming.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what kind of specs will be good for me to buy? My budget is $2000 SGD. Which is not much but for a start it should be good enough, I will upgrade if I feel that more heavy duty simulation is necessary.

Thank you

noel_lim

Reaction score
Not sure about the others,

But when I was doing my FEA testing in Ngee Ann Poly and ST Aerospace, we used Xeon processors to handle the computation. As for monitors wise, a standard monitor will do. We didn't had graphic cards.

I think it's one of these?
ark.intel.com/products/series/91287/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-v4-Family

Just my 2 cents! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.