Which card for your groceries?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
With all general Paywave cards gone, which one is good for groceries?

Open to both miles and cashback cards.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u patronise Market Place/Giant/Cold Storage, UOB Delight card is good.

Problem is most cashiers at these super markets for some dumb reason don't know how to redeem your Delight points.

Used to use this card but was pissed off at how sh*tty their training is and more often than not they didn't know how to use my tons of Delight points to offset my grocery bills.

celtosaxon

Reaction score
Citibank SMRT is really good for low spenders like me (I hate the minimum spend game) although it is a little complicated and only worth using at the specific stores. I’ve been averaging 3.5% cash back despite spending only $250-350 each month. If you are a bigger spender, there are better cards.

Recently they made it easier to redeem the SMRT$ just send an SMS and the credit appears on your next statement.

Maximum 600 SMRT$ per year cap
Spend > $300/mo for the extra +0.3%

4.7-5%
• Cathay, Filmgarde, GV, Shaw
• BK, KFC, McD, Pizza Hut, Subway**
• Starbucks*, Coffee Bean, Gloria Jean's
• Popular Bookstores

* plus 10% rebate on spend over $10
** plus 5% rebate on spend over $10

2.7-3% or 4.7-5% for transactions over $50
• NTUC FairPrice, Giant, Sheng Siong*

* plus 1-2% rebate on spend over $20-50

2.7-3%
• Online purchases except travel

1.7-2%
• Guardian, Watson’s, Unity
• SMRT w/$50 auto top-up (no fees)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.