Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to Fuunji, as long as your pacing is not so far apart it’s ok to sit there for a little bit. They generally like to seat customers in orde anyway so if the next customers are in pairs they’ll still wait for you to finish then seat the pairs anyway. Just pay attention around you and observe others — should be fine.

Ok! Thanks for the advice. :o

thwysg

Reaction score
Can recommend a hotel near to Hilton Shinjuku and/or Hyatt Shinjuku ? My company paying for a stay there in these hotels. But my family want might stay in a hotel nearby to save cost. What would be a safe and nearby hotel.

Keio Plaza Tokyo? Or you can take a look at Google Maps for smaller business hotels around there.

Alyeska

Reaction score
Heading over in this upcoming mid november to 1st of december!
Gonna cover west japan! What are some food i should particularly try? (Mostly curious about food in kyushu & chugoku as i never been to that part before!) i'm assuming what to wear is quite similar to spring period? Am i right?

thwysg

Reaction score
Bro where to take and can use Jr pass?

From Shinjuku Busta. Buses are not covered by JR Pass. If you are holding JR Pass (nationwide), take the train to Gotemba. There’s free shuttle buses to the premium outlets. It’s going to be a long ride, close to 2.5hrs one way.

https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/m/gotemba/access/bus/

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From Shinjuku Busta. Buses are not covered by JR Pass. If you are holding JR Pass (nationwide), take the train to Gotemba. There’s free shuttle buses to the premium outlets. It’s going to be a long ride, close to 2.5hrs one way.

https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/m/gotemba/access/bus/
Thanks so train to there then shuttle bus or direct bus from Shinjuku faster? Or abt the same?

thwysg

Reaction score
Thanks so train to there then shuttle bus or direct bus from Shinjuku faster? Or abt the same?

Eh have you seen the link? The bus timetables are listed there with departure and arrival times. I’ve already checked the time taken for train ride for you.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh have you seen the link? The bus timetables are listed there with departure and arrival times. I’ve already checked the time taken for train ride for you.

Thx..got it Missed the link..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro where to take and can use Jr pass?

Forgot the time it took for me to get from Gotemba back to Shinjuku by bus cos i think i fell aslp and also return during evening peak traffic so much slower.

Like someone mention, u can use jr to take to Gotemba Station(There got free shuttle bus, this i took before when i was at Hakone).

Anyway, upon reaching the outlet..Go to the customer service center, show ur passport and get discount coupon booklet(1 for 1 passport), if planning to take bus back(If u took the train over) then also reserve ur bus ticket back first at the center.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot the time it took for me to get from Gotemba back to Shinjuku by bus cos i think i fell aslp and also return during evening peak traffic so much slower.

Like someone mention, u can use jr to take to Gotemba Station(There got free shuttle bus, this i took before when i was at Hakone).

Anyway, upon reaching the outlet..Go to the customer service center, show ur passport and get discount coupon booklet(1 for 1 passport), if planning to take bus back(If u took the train over) then also reserve ur bus ticket back first at the center.

Thanks... If take train back dun need book ticket right?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks... If take train back dun need book ticket right?

No need.

Alternatively, from Tokyo or Shinjuku Station take a train on the JR Tokaido Line or JR Shonan Shinjuku Line respectively to Kozu Station and transfer to the JR Gotenba Line to Gotemba Station (about 150 minutes, 1940 yen, fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass). From there take the free shuttle bus to the outlets.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5213.html

Like this just that it's covered under JRP. Come back in reverse..

qLdYxoZ.jpg

Last edited:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone stayed Shibuya Tokyu Rei hotel before? It cost me about $2k for 9nights though

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

dungeonalley

Reaction score
hello, can i ask if the bus tickets to go shirakawa-go always run out very fast? I'm getting the Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass - so cannot make reservation online, have to either call or go over counter.

I will reach takayama on a wed, planning to go shirakawa-go on a thurs. You think if i go over counter on Wed afternoon, i can still get the ticket?

anyone can advise?

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Takayama <> Shirakawa-go is the most popular route, so there is a possibility that the tickets for your desired timing might be sold out. It also depends on your travel period.

Am going mid nov - think should be quite popular due to foliage. Do you know if tickets can only be purchased at Takayama bus station?

thwysg

Reaction score
Am going mid nov - think should be quite popular due to foliage. Do you know if tickets can only be purchased at Takayama bus station?

Actually tickets can be reserved online. But because you’re using a Pass to get a ticket, there’s a possibility you might not get your desired bus timing. It happened to us when we were there using Shoryudo Pass, but we had 4N in Takayama so we were lucky.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry for a noob qns:

how to tell if the ride cover by jr pass using hyperdia?

Uncheck the private railway box so hyperdia will return only JR results.
Also - if you uncheck nozomi, mizuho box it will exclude the superexpress trains not covered by JR pass - although the hayabusa (which is the 3rd option in the box) is covered by JR pass. So some tweaking is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.