The Micro-Brand WATCH thread!

MADdancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Been lurking around for sometime and I feel that there isn't much attention to the lesser known watch brands. Hence, I would like the community the post and donate their great photographs of their watches that are not of the major brands.

I will start soon after taking photos of my existing watches.

Post away my friends!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? I think the main watch thread a lot of people quite like microbrands leh. It's not just Seiko or Rolex. :s13:

Actually I know quite a number of people who appreciate both mainstream brands and microbrands, it's also why Singapore has so many watch microbrands, be it Zelos and the whole Elshan stable, Boldr, Gruppo Gamma, or even more niche brands like Movas or Azimuth.

Anyways, here's a Gorilla that I wore today (and also posted on main watch thread earlier):

JVKmEaN.jpg

MADdancer

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw some other models of this brand from watchwonderland. Not really my style but Balticus stardust stole my heart with their aventurine watch dial.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw some other models of this brand from watchwonderland. Not really my style but Balticus stardust stole my heart with their aventurine watch dial.

Hmm, I'm not sure I want a sparkling dial on my wrist though. But the watch is nice. :)

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian... i only got watches from big brand... cannot post here.:(

Rolex
Bell & Ross
Tudor
Casio
Seiko
Omega
IWC
PAM

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A microbrand is defined as a small-scale brand recognized only in a certain geographic location or by consumers in a specific micromarket or niche market. The majority of microbrands are owned by a microbusiness, but this trend is beginning to change due to the expansion of the internet and advancement of micromarketing tools. The process of identifying and micro-segmenting customers into more refined targets is becoming an efficient and rewarding operation for larger companies and corporations.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Copy from wiki?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrand

Want to pull from wiki get from here lah
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrand_watches

Wiki said small scale? How small is Small scale? Rolex not COSC and it makes 800k to 1M watches a year

Last edited:

MADdancer

Master Member
Reaction score
I guess you guys are all right. But I just want to see more watches rather than the usual common ones.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EW1kpeUl.jpg

I have a soft spot for Singaporean microbrands. Here's a Boldr for today.

Anyways, most people frown on China watches cos of perceived QC and reliability issue for movement. Which is why you won't see so much of them around.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.