Koh Lipe

KardBoard

Reaction score
Actually I’m not sure where the bus terminal is. I took overnight bus from sg to hatyai straight, 15hrs because of the long queue at Thai immigration. When I reached hatyai, my connecting bus has left. So I just took a motorsai and rush to this bus terminal which leaves for park bara boat terminal.

When did they implement this no straight bus to hatyai? I only got dropped at a dfs shop at sadao, then continue on to hatyai. Very lame.

Bus operator told me bus will stop at Sadao/danok to change to minibus to Hatyai.no more straight bus using the coach.New regulations from thai, I think.Some operators got link to hatyai but some on your own...bout 100bht by minibus they told me.

Last edited:

KardBoard

Reaction score
So I can confirmed now those going koh lipe by hatyai - pak bara by bus n minivan.

Sg - hatyai. Confirmed must changed to minivan from Sadao ICQ.if full in Sadao ICQ, expect to make some magic for express lane.

Sadao - hatyai only minivan around 1 hr ride.
can try seri maju cause price includes the transfer to hatyai.if not expect to pay around 100b to hatyai.

Hatyai - pak bara ferry terminal
By public,need to go to Hat Yai’s Talad Kaset Station,which almost 5km from train station.i dont know the transport cost.minivan leave every 1 hr cost 110b to 130b.travelling time 1.5 hour to 2.
Can ask bus tour agent for direct minivan to Pak Bara.cost not sure but expect 200b n up.

Pak bara - koh lipe by ferry timing at 9:30 n 13:30 only.if late only can take next day ferry.make sure to take note of the timing cause if miss,you will be stuck in pak bara ferry terminal for the day.
Cost 1200b but can bargain.go ask around for price n then start your bargaining.

Koh lipe - will stop at walking street beach. price wise have gone up either your food/ accommodation.quite expensive from my last visit.

Day tour surrounding island by long tail cost 550b.if in group go bargain.

Pak bara - hatyai by public bus.
Buy the ticket in front of the pier.there is a banner stating public minivan @ 110b.

Hope this help for those going public.

Last edited:

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Lkw side not so bad, the worst is lipe immigration, only one man show lol....
Lipe side always angmo first then Asian.

Yes very slow. but you will be the first to clear immigration if you are going for day trip from langkawi. that time i went koh lipe instead of pulau payar for day trip and no regrets cause koh lipe was miles better than p. payar.

Last edited:

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
U can buy Langkawi round trip $80 !!! Cheaper than ur hatyai bus then change here change there

airfare to langkawi always quite cheap. sometimes even cheaper than flights to penang & kl. $33 one way on scoot without checked in baggage.

KardBoard

Reaction score
airfare to langkawi always quite cheap. sometimes even cheaper than flights to penang & kl. $33 one way on scoot without checked in baggage.

The reason by going public for those who have time n on budget.true langkawi flight is cheap but not inclusive taxi ride and ferry ride=taxi 40+rm 1 way ferry=200+rm 2 way.you might/may stay overnite before going to lipe due to timing.do check the ferry timing n purchase on online to prevent not getting ticket.
BTW now lipe food price seem on high side, some same as sg price,quite on high side compare to Thailand standard.
Anyway it is a tourist area Peak season Dec- March.do try visit koh lanta,Trang.

Last edited:

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just booked air tix to Krabi, but visiting Ko Lanta, given the availability and access to the surrounding islands

jaljaljal

Reaction score
Is it safe for me to book a 2.40pm flight from Hat Yai Airport if i leave Koh Lipe on the earliest timing at 9.30am?

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Is it safe for me to book a 2.40pm flight from Hat Yai Airport if i leave Koh Lipe on the earliest timing at 9.30am?

You might want to check the timing your ferry leaves from Koh Lipe. And if you are getting a taxi straight from Pak Bara to airport, you could minimize nonsense delay like driver stopping for rest, picking/dropping other people ect.

Since this mode of transport covers multiple connections, no one can guarantee you will arrive on time.

KardBoard

Reaction score
Not recommended.do stay in hatyai for a nite.at least u wont miss ur flight.due to timing...if just something happen that day.FYI,is norm for the van driver to send parcels or things otw to the next destination.
BTW when ur planned trip?

Last edited:

jaljaljal

Reaction score
Not recommended.do stay in hatyai for a nite.at least u wont miss ur flight.due to timing...if just something happen that day.FYI,is norm for the van driver to send parcels or things otw to the next destination.
BTW when ur planned trip?

I went last month, got on the 9.30am ferry, reached Pak Bara Pier at around 12pm. Taking the minivan would be too risky so I took a cab from Pak Bara Pier, reached airport around 1.15pm.

LifeIsJinHappy

Reaction score
The hatyai city to koh lipe cheaper than langkawi to koh lipe even though journey more than double? Anyone can confirm? I check 12goasia and its only 25 sgd for 2h van 2h boat. Abit unbelievable

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The hatyai city to koh lipe cheaper than langkawi to koh lipe even though journey more than double? Anyone can confirm? I check 12goasia and its only 25 sgd for 2h van 2h boat. Abit unbelievable

1 way speed boat from Pak Bara to Koh Lipe is already 650 baht. I will want my trip to be confirm than cheap price go there nothing is confirm.
FYI:
Pak Bara to Koh Lipe is speed boat, which is very jumpy.
Langkawi to Koh Lipe is ferry, very smooth. (operate a period of time only)
Once you reach Koh Lipe, you will transfer to long tail boat to the shore. (there is 2 jetty in Langkawi)

KardBoard

Reaction score

I suspect it is correct. Van from Hatyai to pak BARA bout 150BHT n ferry ticket about 1000bhts without bargaining.

KardBoard

Reaction score
I assume the van will pack many ppl la. 1k baht is 40+ tho

FYI, those traveling public minivan, with big luggage please purchase another seat or confirm with the operator cause the rear usually used for goods not for passenger luggage.

Last edited:

Jerineng

Reaction score
1 way speed boat from Pak Bara to Koh Lipe is already 650 baht. I will want my trip to be confirm than cheap price go there nothing is confirm.
FYI:
Pak Bara to Koh Lipe is speed boat, which is very jumpy.
Langkawi to Koh Lipe is ferry, very smooth. (operate a period of time only)
Once you reach Koh Lipe, you will transfer to long tail boat to the shore. (there is 2 jetty in Langkawi)

pak bara mi dunno but langkawi 2 lipe is :eek:
maybe mi sua koo neber see b4 such ting......that time go langkawi side still ok...board very in order...but once reach lipe liao...piang sibeh messy....they collect ur passport on the big boat then u change 2 small boat...then reach lipe beach u go down they unload ur luggage on the sand then u discover some thai man shouting name near 2 enterence of a street...then his engrish is sibeh powderful one....power until mani pple cannot understand their own name :s22:

U go collect passport ur luggage haven't unload...u wait for luggage your passport dunno go wer....walao....scary experience...old auntie cannot take tis type of stress sia....the passport man somemore must see face on ok so friend/famili cannot collect on behalf hor...

but overall the island is fun lar...small and funny...I tink more thai muslim then thai and mani mani friendly woof woof there...:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.