Apple Watch Series 4

daniely2018

Reaction score
Just checked online, it seems Apple store still have stocks for today for Nike+ S4.

I wonder if they will have also for authorized resellers.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Just checked online, it seems Apple store still have stocks for today for Nike+ S4.

I wonder if they will have also for authorized resellers.

According to my friend, he said last night (Friday night), the store (at Bugis) just received stocks for the Nike+ S4 and he had bought one from there.

But not sure now if it has been sold out.

wolfverine88

Reaction score
I am slowly growing to like the silver SS as well :)! This is esp so when paired with the leather straps. Also, note that the strap lugs are typically silver SS also. As such, if you look closely on the gold SS with the leather strap, the are actually 2 tones between the gold watch and the silver lug on the strap - minor but could be a big deal to some.

I prefer this one.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
gHbxSuJ.jpg

With the Hermes indigo Bleu stripe

Last edited:

wolfverine88

Reaction score
I was waiting and still have a gold SS shipment for 18 Oct. However, as I pointed out in my earlier post, I am not slowing being swayed to go with the Hermes silver SS ones as I have tried a few leather / metal straps and I think they go best with silver SS.

I'm deciding if I should pay ~ $700 more to go with the Hermes ones. Is it worth it for the following extras:
1) Hermes watch face
2) Hermes leather strap
3) Hermes orange sport band
4) Extra 1 year of warranty

Very nice.

Anyone gotten gold stainless steel? Still waiting for it to ship

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was waiting and still have a gold SS shipment for 18 Oct. However, as I pointed out in my earlier post, I am not slowing being swayed to go with the Hermes silver SS ones as I have tried a few leather / metal straps and I think they go best with silver SS.

I'm deciding if I should pay ~ $700 more to go with the Hermes ones. Is it worth it for the following extras:
1) Hermes watch face
2) Hermes leather strap
I like the silver ss and I did buy the hermes for that leather strap plus additional 1 year warranty too. Previously was using space grey colour and now wanna switch back to silver ss.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No FDA isn't the most stringent by a long way. The ECG function on the Apple watch 4 only received FDA 'clearance' which is a fast track procedure to allow devices which cannot be used for any real diagnosis to be marketed. FDA 'approval' is a much longer process and that one is tough.

The HSA doesn't even automatically approve devices which have been through the full FDA approval process, although it does take that into account, with just FDA clearance .. doesn't mean much.

It's down to Apple to submit it and HSA to decide if it's a class A device, which should be registered very easily, or a class B one which will require a more thorough process. I hope the feature is approved here but I'm not expecting it soon.

For those who are not familiar with FDA clearance vs approved. Why is clearance instead of approved? The ECG function on Apple Watch is determined to be substantially equivalent to (similar) another legally marketed device (typical ECG devices sold in the market). No approval is required because the Apple Watch won’t be classified as a class III device. I think the Apple Watch is never meant to be a diagnostic device but rather a monitoring devices. [ie. doctor won’t use reading in Apple Watch to say you have heart problem but rather use this as a monitoring tool to monitor patients diagnose with heart problem]. FYI, Apple Watch ECG function will never be a class A device. Maybe a class B or C (HSA classification: https://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Health_Products_Regulation/Consumer_Information/Consumer_Guides/Medical_Devices.html)

https://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/resourcesforyou/consumers/default.htm

Extracted from FDA website

What is the difference between Cleared and Approved?

In order for medical devices to be legally marketed (sold) in the United States, they are required to be cleared or approved by the FDA unless it is 510(k) exempt.
Cleared medical devices: These medical devices are ones that FDA has determined to be substantially equivalent to (similar) another legally marketed device. A premarket notification submission is referred to as a 510(k) and must be submitted to FDA to review and provide clearance.

Approved medical devices: Approved medical devices are those devices that the FDA has approved a premarket approval (PMA) application or a Humanitarian Device Exemption (HDE) application. This review and approval process is for Class III medical devices (the ones with the highest risk) and involves a more rigorous review than the 510(k) review process.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Is this at the Apple Store? Because I didn’t think they will let you try the Hermes one.

It’s my own Hermes watch bought from Apple Orchard. Not demo set.
They actually let me try all types of Hermes straps before I buy.
I also tried the gold ss to compare. The staff there quite friendly.
As I have stated previously in my post, ss gold was initially my first choice until when I realised how gorgeous the Hermes one look on my wrist (at least to me, lol). That’s when I immediately cancel the ss gold.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

1) Hermes watch face
2) Hermes leather strap

If Hermes, which strap will u go for? Just curious.

speedy94

Reaction score
Anyone know what is the procedure to return the watch that I had just bought two days ago at Apple Orchard? Was excited to finally own an Apple Watch but these past few days made me realise I didn’t have much use for it

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the procedure to return the watch that I had just bought two days ago at Apple Orchard? Was excited to finally own an Apple Watch but these past few days made me realise I didn’t have much use for it

you need to bring everything, the box and every single item in it, together with receipt and approach anyone wearing the apple tee shirt and inform them you wanna return the item.

they will ask you why, just tell them the reason. no reason also must fake one up. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.