Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would be ridiculous if the decision to keep or sack a mgr is all based on 1 game.
lose, sack. win and "whats next" approach.
Seems like JM kanchiong-ed last night and we pulled back a win. But what about his job now?

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it was because of the fact that Jose thinks he is too small or not strong enough to be a **? I think he rather play Matic or Fellaini back there than Blind. Can see why he wanted to go after the likes of Alderweireld, Boateng or Maguire this summer.

Fully agree.

Should have kept Blind and sold Darmian.

McTominay should come good, which is why they kept him. But too much is being expected of him right now when players such as Pogba or LKK or doing next to nothing most of 90mins.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't that what we lacking? Losing the ball in midfield? Getting overrun even with 2 CDM?

Anyway still waiting to see him back in action to see if he's an upgrade over Herrera who was our POTY in Jose's 1st season.

McTominay is more of an understudy for Matic.

Can't wait for the match against Chelsea. Ex manager against former players who had player power who are playing well under a new manager.

It's an away match, so we got advantage.

i think Hazard might tear us a new one, he has alot to show Jose

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2edgSNI.jpg

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn’t enjoy the game because the defending was just so sad

Now you can all see why JM wanted to buy defenders.

I don’t even know if this problem can be fixed soon without a transfer window that Ed has no plans to back JM in anyway

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Young need to be dropped at fault for both Newcastle goal lucky not to get penalised for sticking his arm out inside our own penalty box the ref and linesman didn’t saw it we were very fortunate

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

20 October 2018, Saturday

Premier League 2018/19
7.30pm - Chelsea vs Manchester United [CHEMUN]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn’t enjoy the game because the defending was just so sad

Now you can all see why JM wanted to buy defenders.

I don’t even know if this problem can be fixed soon without a transfer window that Ed has no plans to back JM in anyway

I didn't enjoy the first half, but the 2nd half was great...it was free flowing. The players all knew what to do despite us playing with 1 pure **.

Not sure what JM spoke to the team at half time but all his attacking players, the very ones he pushed under the bus since summer all responded (except for LKK). They were all playing at 4th or 5th gear instead of the 1st/2nd gear which they have been all season (slow, lacklustre, unimaginative). JM needs to instill faith and trust in his defenders to get them playing the way they have for the whole last season. Don't just insist that our problems can be solved with buying another defender.

Don't ever forget these are the same players that conceded the 2nd least number of goals throughout last season just 1 goal more behind City. If our attack was as good as City's last season, who knows the gap between first and 2nd could be slimmer.

Some of us think that getting 1 player will automatically solve our defence problem..it may or may not. Just like getting 1 player like Sanchez in Jan will somehow solve our goal scoring problem and be the final jigsaw in our push to win UCL/close the gap with City. It didn't help did it? For all the talk that JM knows best, did he improve our attacked with Sanchez's addition? If he can't get that 1 defender to perform better than the rest (like how he can't get Sanchez to perform better than Martial, Rashford etc), so what is next, continue buying until he get it right? Maybe we should buy 2 defenders just in case he can't get 1 to perform. Because at the moment, his success rate of getting his purchases to perform consistently well to the standard they are capable of is between 0%-25% at the current moment.

Or should he try coaxing, coaching and motivating his defenders to perform like they did last season instead of throwing them under the bus all the time. These players have their own self worth, pride and dignity playing for the club, it's just been stripped away by JM over the summer. Now he must try and instill it back into them. Just stop berating them in public. The player's attitude becomes more negative every time he does that.

Would he like it if the board/Ed/his bosses berate him in public to the press each time he lost because he can't manage his players and get them to do their job properly and win the games when they are clearly capable of doing so?

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

20 October 2018, Saturday

Premier League 2018/19
7.30pm - Chelsea vs Manchester United [CHEMUN]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

bro are u a bot? never see u post at all but you're consistent lolz

appreciated

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After Wenger era, Arsenal like keep winning, their coach I dunno much abt him

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After Wenger era, Arsenal like keep winning, their coach I dunno much abt him

attacking football is the way to win in epl cos those bottom and mid table teams will defend deep with their whole team. if you keep defending, you allow the other team to keep attacking and higher chance to score.

arsenal got a above average team but due to wenger outdated tactics they keep losing.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the main point of contention now. It does appear as if transfers are out of his hands. He submits a list of players, probably in some order of priority, and it's then left to the money-man/men to work things out after considering wage demands and transfer fees and resale value perhaps and available funds and marketing impact.

Whatever it is, we know one thing for sure - it's no longer the same working arrangement like with SAF in which he calls the shots in everything except the price. He wants his man he gets it. And if it's really out of reach, he's consulted.

Hopefully this is the turning point in which the players suddenly realise the right way to interpret JoseM's intentions. Or for JoseM to realise that a certain shape fits the current crop of players better. May the kinks work themselves out over these 2 weeks and we begin our used-to-be traditional push during the last quarter.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually during SAF times, he had a say in the price too

He die die wanted RVP but die die don’t want to buy at more tha 24 million 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.