Singtel's 1+1 Gbps Fiber Pro Gamer Bundle

dryteletubby

Reaction score
That page reeks of marketing gimic. I suggest you stick to the 1Gbps and under plans unless you have a use for 2 seperate networks.

I doubt the "optimised" network for gaming does anything special. Undersea network cables are fixed and there is nothing an individual can do to reduce latency from them. If you want lower latency, play on local game servers.

Razor does not have a history of making network equipments. I would at least stick to a brand that makes network equipment as their main product.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That page reeks of marketing gimic. I suggest you stick to the 1Gbps and under plans unless you have a use for 2 seperate networks.

I doubt the "optimised" network for gaming does anything special. Undersea network cables are fixed and there is nothing an individual can do to reduce latency from them. If you want lower latency, play on local game servers.

Razor does not have a history of making network equipments. I would at least stick to a brand that makes network equipment as their main product.

marketing gimmick or its a real deal, must test out then can conclude, you're too quick to judge man...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is good? this or the singtel 2gbps?

singtel 2gbps is being marketed as an all round plan, whereas the 1+1 is for gaming. Whether these 2 got significant difference or not its too soon to tell, unless singtel decided to publish some concrete data in the 2 plans.

i wouldnt get this 1+1 even if i'm a gamer, because i still believe in latency more than speed. You don't need 1gbps to game don't you? :p

feralslash

Reaction score

then how do u explain lower pings when someone from sg subscribes to WTFast vpn?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
marketing gimmick or its a real deal, must test out then can conclude, you're too quick to judge man...

Singtel claims reduce lag but the only evidence they claim is made up buzzwords like GPN , zerowait DFS, hybrid mesh, wtfast server. With no technical information whatsoever. It's quite obvious Singtel is targeting the less savvy user who does not know better

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Last edited:

squarepipe

Reaction score
WTFast is a load of bollocks. Read somewhere that its only useful if you ISP routing is garbage. If you have a crappy ISP, WTFast may help. If not it just makes your connection worse.

dryteletubby

Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel claims reduce lag but the only evidence they claim is made up buzzwords like GPN , zerowait DFS, hybrid mesh, wtfast server. With no technical information whatsoever. It's quite obvious Singtel is targeting the less savvy user who does not know better

well that's your own assumption, i wouldnt condemn it at this point when its relatively new. There could be more information coming out depending on the uptake of sign ups.

if its indeed nothing substantial but just gimmick, i'm sure singtel is liable legally for an explanation, which i don't think they are that dumb to put themselves into this situation.

Comparing to other ISPs, their gamers' plan also nothing technical explicitly mentioned, are they targeting the less savvy too?

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at the marketing buzzwords like "zerowait DFS", this Razer Sila is very likely a collaboration with Ignition Design Labs, which created the Portal router.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WTFast is a load of bollocks. Read somewhere that its only useful if you ISP routing is garbage. If you have a crappy ISP, WTFast may help. If not it just makes your connection worse.

you subscribed to WTFast?

the free version is useless if you are referring to that.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
well that's your own assumption, i wouldnt condemn it at this point when its relatively new. There could be more information coming out depending on the uptake of sign ups.

if its indeed nothing substantial but just gimmick, i'm sure singtel is liable legally for an explanation, which i don't think they are that dumb to put themselves into this situation.

Comparing to other ISPs, their gamers' plan also nothing technical explicitly mentioned, are they targeting the less savvy too?

If you read the site, you will notice that most of the "latency improving features" like fast track, zero wait DFS and hybrid mesh is refering to the features of the bundled razer router while WTFast GPN is refering to the WTFast proxy service.

In this way SingTel is smart to show that the "latency improving features" is not due to any improvement in their network but external 3rd party features. So if anyone were to complain that their gaming did not improve even with this plan SingTel can point it's finger at the razer router or WTFast being at fault.

I am not too familiar with other ISP gaming plan but from what I know M1 does state "deicated network, customized routing" which shows the improvement is on M1 side and not some 3rd party router or proxy features.

squarepipe

Reaction score
you subscribed to WTFast?

the free version is useless if you are referring to that.

Nope. I saw that feature on an Asus router, googled it and realised it's full of crap.

Apparently SingTel even got the cheek to use that gimmicky feature as advertisement of their plan...

Well I guess a gimmicky ISP has to go all the way with gimmicky advertising, features & router in the hope to attract subscribers...

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Looking at the marketing buzzwords like "zerowait DFS", this Razer Sila is very likely a collaboration with Ignition Design Labs, which created the Portal router.

I could just imagine the discussion at Razor...

CEO: how do we make the portal router sell better?

Employees: Lets put in "gamer" taglines like hybrid, fasTrack, zerowait into ordinary boring router features and change the exterior into something that match out design language.

CEO: OK make it so

I am surprised that Razor did not put RGB lights into the router which would be amazing :s13::s22:

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need someone to be the test pig and try.
Is it 2 separate 1GB lines on 2 separate VLANs on the router?
Does external IP checker show different external IPs on gaming PC and normal surfing?

Or is it a 2GBps line with 2 VLANs on the router with traffic limiting rules of 1GBps for each line?

There are a number of ways to do this but I suspect it's a 2GBPs line with 2 VLANs on the router and routing policies attached with 1GBps traffic limiting rules. If Singtel says "Ok, attach your gaming PC to ports 1 and 2, all other home surfing devices to ports 3 and 4". Then highly likely its a 2GBps line with 2 VLANs.

Last edited:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi VoodooKing,

Our 1+1Gbps dual network comes with 2 x 1Gbps connection on our GPON Optical Network Router (ONR), where a 1Gbps bandwidth is dedicated for your gaming needs and another 1Gbps bandwidth can be shared among the rest of the family for daily Internet usage.

The ONR has 4 available active Gbe LAN ports that can each transmit at a maximum speed of 1Gbps. You’ll be able to connect to a wireless Access Point (e.g. WiFi Mesh) or Internet enabled devices (e.g. set-top box, computer, Smart TV) for Ports 1 to 3.

You can then set-up a third-party router (e.g. Razer Sila gaming router) for Port 4 via a wired connection. For WiFi connections, you are able to select between two WiFi Network SSIDs.

Thanks.

Need someone to be the test pig and try.
Is it 2 separate 1GB lines on 2 separate VLANs on the router?
Does external IP checker show different external IPs on gaming PC and normal surfing?

Or is it a 2GBps line with 2 VLANs on the router with traffic limiting rules of 1GBps for each line?

There are a number of ways to do this but I suspect it's a 2GBPs line with 2 VLANs on the router and routing policies attached with 1GBps traffic limiting rules. If Singtel says "Ok, attach your gaming PC to ports 1 and 2, all other home surfing devices to ports 3 and 4". Then highly likely its a 2GBps line with 2 VLANs.

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Well that clears things up. For those still on ONT and not ONR have to switch over to ONR?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.